+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why are so many games being release in 2011

Soulwalker

Default Why are so many games being release in 2011

What happen to 2010 there wasn't a single AAA game release yet 2011 has like 4(rift, tera,tsw and gw2). I hope these games don't overlap cause I want to try em all.

Telaran

When in 2011 is Rift going to be released?

Note, those dates are tentative. There's no way to know when all those will actually ship, due to delays and such.

Most MMO forums wars are over the Game vs World divide. Which side are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by MvpEu View Post
    When in 2011 is Rift going to be released?
    Q1 2011 is the official word but we all know that can change.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dilazker View Post
    What happen to 2010 there wasn't a single AAA game release yet 2011 has like 4(rift, tera,tsw and gw2). I hope these games don't overlap cause I want to try em all.
    Timing. Likely, if there is any rhyme or reason for it the investors feel that that WOW has finally run its course and want to get out there before Blizzards new MMO is announced.

Just luck too.

If anything Aion and Warhammer have shown that there is a huge demand for an alternative. Its up to the developers to come up with something legitimate.

Aside from Rift, there are no Triple-A games being released. Triple-A is a rank for hitting the major points of making a game PLUS extra or ground breaking additions.

Forum tested, Hevenly approved.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Enyeto View Post
    Aside from Rift, there are no Triple-A games being released. Triple-A is a rank for hitting the major points of making a game PLUS extra or ground breaking additions.
    Hmm...i think you forgot about the Old Republic. That game will be huge ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dilazker View Post
    I don't understand how you can consider a funcom game AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyeto View Post
    Actually, these days, the industry just uses AAA to indicate the large budget franchise builders. After that the combination of big production + great sales is usually what grants a AAA status.

Most MMO forums wars are over the Game vs World divide. Which side are you on?

its ignorant to claim RIFT is the only AAA title being release in 2011, that you d not be intrested in other games is another thing...am with OP we need to create an organization to raise enough funds to rip out the year of 2011 out of the calendar so we can invest that time in the upcoming MMOs.

Don't really follow it but isn't FF14 coming out pretty soon. Also thought guild wars was set to launch at the end of the year. But stuff does get push back and shifted around I have not been keeping up with them.

It is a bit of a dilemma to be sure, no decent MMO's for ages and then a load turn up at once in the same year I'd also like to try them all out, and no doubt will...I rarely let word of mouth tell me how a game is, I prefer to give it a go myself. I guess the winners in this release schedule will be us though eh, its about time there was a little bit of variety to choose from. As for the poster which stated Rift was the only AAA MMO being released in 2011...well I disagree

Because that gives them one year to make money before they die in a global earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Because that gives them one year to make money before they die in a global earthquake.
    Agree.
    Arcane Soup

Yeah its annoying isn't it? Nothing but WoW an some mediocre efforts for years an then all the sudden everyone decides to release an MMO that looks worth a damn. It could be like the guy above said an they believe WoW is at its weakest so now is the time to strike. Only everyone else had the same idea.

Something tells me Blizzard will probably cave to the pressure an announce their next MMO possibly at Blizzcon this year just to try to minimize the damage even if its still years from being ready.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast