+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I'm playing Forsaken World until Beta 5...

Default So I'm playing Forsaken World until Beta 5...

So I'm playing Forsaken World until Rift Beta 5 is on. Ugh. It's a good F2P game (and yes, I know, very different), but wow, what a difference. Game crashes sometimes when you just open the map while moving forward. When it becomes crowded in areas it slows to a crawl. I lol'd. We are spoiled here. I miss Rift.
    OS: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Memory: 8.00 GB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11, Display Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, Display Memory: 768 MB

MMO Experience: EQII, WoW, LotRO, Lineage II, GW, Aion, Vindictus, PWI, Shaiya, Aika, HoTK, ME, SUN, CO

Forsaken world = game in actual beta testing, players are meant to help out identifying bugs and submitting reports .

Rift = game in glorified stress test and hype stage with no real interest in altering game mechanics as final product is already in manufacturing and distribution stage

Quote Originally Posted by Leek View Post
    Forsaken world = game in actual beta testing, players are meant to help out identifying bugs and submitting reports .

Rift = game in glorified stress test and hype stage with no real interest in altering game mechanics as final product is already in manufacturing and distribution stage
    Definitely true. I have to say, for a F2P it's not that bad though. It'll pass the time anyway - lol.
    OS: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Memory: 8.00 GB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11, Display Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, Display Memory: 768 MB

MMO Experience: EQII, WoW, LotRO, Lineage II, GW, Aion, Vindictus, PWI, Shaiya, Aika, HoTK, ME, SUN, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Korereactor View Post
    Definitely true. I have to say, for a F2P it's not that bad though. It'll pass the time anyway - lol.
    Umm I apparently applied for that beta? I didnt get a link or anything???
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

I got invited a while ago, because I played Battle of the Immortals, but after that game I swore never to touch a f2p ever again. Allthough forsaken world has some intresting classes.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

A F2P Game with a Vampire class... ugh.
    Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3 Ghz // GA-790XTA-UD4
    4GB DDR3 // WD SATA3 1TB
    Radeon HD6850 // Thermaltake V6 BE
    Thermaltake W0379RU // Razer Lachesis

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

All the pwi games are the copy and worse then the one before?

Quote Originally Posted by Onarye View Post
    Umm I apparently applied for that beta? I didnt get a link or anything???
    Yeah, this ticked everyone off. See, they give you a key, which gives you the eligibility to be picked for Beta. It doesn't actually get you in. You have to get an email from them stating you've been activated for the Beta. I just got in Beta 3, finally. Their process was messed up, and caused quite a stir. They should have never sent out "eligibility" keys to everyone, that was a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    I got invited a while ago, because I played Battle of the Immortals, but after that game I swore never to touch a f2p ever again. Allthough forsaken world has some intresting classes.
    Revo?

Quote Originally Posted by Onarye View Post
    All the pwi games are the copy and worse then the one before?
    This one is different than Perfect World, etc. It's more Westernized, which is nice to see. It's still a little grindy, and finding all the quests can be a pain at times, but not too bad. It's super crowded, and that slows gameplay at times.

Ok enough to pass the time until Beta 5 anyway. LOL

Yeah, this ticked everyone off. See, they give you a key, which gives you the eligibility to be picked for Beta. It doesn't actually get you in. You have to get an email from them stating you've been activated for the Beta. I just got in Beta 3, finally. Their process was messed up, and caused quite a stir. They should have never sent out "eligibility" keys to everyone, that was a big mistake.
    Sounds familiar.

This one is different than Perfect World, etc. It's more Westernized, which is nice to see. It's still a little grindy, and finding all the quests can be a pain at times, but not too bad. It's super crowded, and that slows gameplay at times.

Ok enough to pass the time until Beta 5 anyway. LOL
    Add me as a friend I need to ask a few questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Esspay View Post
    Revo?
    Yup , allthough everyone else who is still playing is now in Scrubs.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

scrubs recently died anyhow boi sucked

+ Reply to Thread