+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: By the end of 2011...

Default By the end of 2011...

Well 2010-11 have been and will be big years for us MMO gamers : D in 2010 we had the first expansion for AoC (Raise of the Godslayer). WAR also got heir first true expansion patch, LOTRO went F2P and has been booming ever since, AION came out with their expansion Assault on Balar (if thats how you spell it), DDO got some huge patches plus new races to play ^u^ and now in 2011 4 brand spanking new MMOs are coming out for us to rip to shreds, or preferably enjoy : ). These are
    1) Rift: Planes of Telara
    2) Guild Wars 2
    3) Tera Online
    4) Star Wars: The Old Republic

All of these games seem to be pushing the envelope and i have to ask all you fellow MMO gamers out there, What games do you believe will be down the tubes or close to being down the tubes by the end of 2011?

Please no bashing of each other's thoughts as these are all opinions but please speak your mind as to what games you believe may be close to, or already will be, dead by the end of 2011.

Thank you for your responses! : )

Guild Wars 2 I think will be similar to it's predecessor, a solid game, just not hugely populated.

Tera Online..... can't see it doing so well. Don't ask me to elaborate, because I can't. I just have a feeling about it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is another that I can't see doing to well. Sure, it's gonna explode at release because of the huge Star Wars following. But in the end, everyone's gonna want a light saber, then crack the sads because there's nobody playing support.

Rift is gonna be a winner, I think. The only issue is getting the masses to try it. It's no secret that a huge chunk of the MMO community is on WoW and immediately assume every other game on the market is rubbish.

Ascendant

Pretty sure WoW is going to be even stronger after 2011, but Rift is going to be the best attempt of something what last.
    Last edited by June; 01-16-2011 at 02:46 AM.

What, no mention for Lego Universe?!?!
    Last edited by Kaliskar; 01-16-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Okay now for a real comment.

1. RIFT: I think Rift will do well. I certainly don’t think they will hit 10 million subs, maybe not even 1 million, but I think it will certainly do well enough for some of us to have a new game to play, and for TRION to make some money. Rift provides a solid fantasy setting alternative for people who are upset at or board of their current MMO’s, and in a more western style. I think that will serve Rift well. If Trion continues to put hard work into Rift through the months and years, and listens to their player base, and keeps up with the times, I think Rift has a chance of being extremely successful.

2. GW 2: This game will do just fine, after all it’s free once you’ve bought the game. Not to mention it’s the sequel to a very successful game.

3. TERA: Difficult to call this one, but I think their combat style will probably hurt them. Historically MMO players haven’t responded well to the whole action third person thing. They may succeed, they may not, but if they do succeed I speculate it will be under a relatively small cult following.

4. SWTOR: I think this game will boom at first from the people willing to give the game a chance, and because of the Star Wars name. Ultimately I think the story based style will hurt them, and they will end up doing about as well as STG.
    Last edited by Kaliskar; 01-16-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Ascendant

SWTOR is nothing more than hype, biggest flaw is too much story and single playing (First game I know what uses individual instances) Bioware's games aint so popular as you may think, so what if theres story. SWTOR is just one massive hype it doesnt mean anything. Overrated simply as that. Take my word on this if you really believe its going to be mega blockbuster and sell 4mill copied. No way.

GW2 is goign to be grief/troll game of the year.
    Last edited by June; 01-16-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliskar View Post
    Okay now for a real comment.

1. RIFT: I think Rift will do well. I certainly donít think they will hit 10 million subs, maybe not even 1 million, but I think it will certainly do well enough for some of us to have a new game to play, and for TRION to make some money. Rift provides a solid fantasy setting alternative for people who are upset at or board of their current MMOís, and in a more western style. I think that will serve Rift well. If Trion continues to put hard work into Rift through the months and years, and listens to their player base, and keeps up with the times, I think Rift has a chance of being extremely successful.

2. GW 2: This game will do just fine, after all itís free once youíve bought the game. Not to mention itís the sequel to a very successful game.

3. TERA: Difficult to call this one, but I think their combat style will probably hurt them. Historically MMO players havenít responded well to the whole action third person thing. They may succeed, they may not, but if they do succeed I speculate it will be under a relatively small cult following.

4. SWTOR: I think this game will boom at first from the people willing to give the game a chance, and because of the Star Wars name. Ultimately I think the story based style will hurt them, and they will end up doing about as well as STG.
    nice post here.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

I think gw2 will come out on top

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebres View Post
    Guild Wars 2 I think will be similar to it's predecessor, a solid game, just not hugely populated.

Tera Online..... can't see it doing so well. Don't ask me to elaborate, because I can't. I just have a feeling about it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is another that I can't see doing to well. Sure, it's gonna explode at release because of the huge Star Wars following. But in the end, everyone's gonna want a light saber, then crack the sads because there's nobody playing support.

Rift is gonna be a winner, I think. The only issue is getting the masses to try it. It's no secret that a huge chunk of the MMO community is on WoW and immediately assume every other game on the market is rubbish.
    After aion aoc and war yes alot of people are gonna say these games suck.

i had my hopes up high with TERA but since they aint giving out any understandable info about the release date and no info about more content in the game i'm actually about to give up. if they dont wanna keep us interested then **** with them .. i'm giving my money for a game that makes me tic and its Rift obviously. um not sure about GW2 .. seems to be a cool story and thats it .. soooo 2011. a winner of the best mmo in the year 2011 is Trion Worlds and their super Łber sexy Rift

Quote Originally Posted by evool View Post
    i had my hopes up high with TERA but since they aint giving out any understandable info about the release date and no info about more content in the game i'm actually about to give up. if they dont wanna keep us interested then **** with them .. i'm giving my money for a game that makes me tic and its Rift obviously. um not sure about GW2 .. seems to be a cool story and thats it .. soooo 2011. a winner of the best mmo in the year 2011 is Trion Worlds and their super Łber sexy Rift
    Thats just pure korean garbage in my opinion. They dont talk or advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Onarye View Post
    Thats just pure korean garbage in my opinion. They dont talk or advertise.
    yep you're right. i dont understand them stupid Korean game developers .. they spend LOADS of money on the game, then realease it and then let it just sink .. or talk big about an upcoming game and then shut everyone off and let them just rott and wait for the game to come out ?? i mean HELLO !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evool View Post
    yep you're right. i dont understand them stupid Korean game developers .. they spend LOADS of money on the game, then realease it and then let it just sink .. or talk big about an upcoming game and then shut everyone off and let them just rott and wait for the game to come out ?? i mean HELLO !!!!!!!!
    Example aion got so much hype then dived at release because NCsoft couldnt manage the servers.

And many other games have followed that path

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliskar View Post
    SWTOR: I think this game will boom at first from the people willing to give the game a chance, and because of the Star Wars name. Ultimately I think the story based style will hurt them, and they will end up doing about as well as STG.
    I very much doubt the game will flop because of the story, ME2 won game of the year because of its intense story and combat. KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were both amazing stories and games. Bioware has yet to disappoint me with any of their stories and this is why I will be up in London for the launch event ^_^. Also im gonna probably get DA2 as well because I really enjoyed DA:O

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    ...(First game I know what uses individual instances...
    Guild wars did individual instances if you left a city or outpost and just went out on your own, you had your NPC people with you
    Last edited by Zilo; 01-16-2011 at 07:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast