+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naga Razer

Default Naga Razer

just curious for anyone using them, how they feel? i've used an mx518 for years and it feels like an extension of my hand when i'm playing. but i want more easy to access buttons and the extra keyboard buttons logitech keyboards offer, even gamepads, just don't suit me well. anyone that can offer insight into how a transition might feel?

I use one and I love it.

Took me a short while to get used to but once I did I was thrilled with it.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Esloan's Avatar

Takes a while to get used to it but after doing so I would not trade it for any mouse out there. I typically only use the first 6 buttons on the side, as the other ones are a bit harder to reach but I do put lesser used abilities on the last six buttons.

Its a great mouse and I recommend it for anyone who plays MMOs. After you get used to it, you will wonder how you ever used a standard mouse or even any other gaming mouse.

It is a mouse made for finger grippers. I bought one a while ago, but it does not compare to the comfort of a Logitech G5. If you used a mx518 for years it will take you a while to get used to imo. I'm still using mine but only because I'm waiting for my M6980 Gigabyte to arrive in the mail.

I have the Deathadder. Has a two button thumb and standard left & right with wheel that Naga is quite the handful. And my son bought it for me because well...."It matches the keyboard mom got you for Christmas and they both glow blue!!.......Oh you haven't opened that one yet"

I love my Razer. Took me about a week to get used to it. Buttons 4 and 5 are a bit awkward to reach for me because my Index finger just doesn't bend that way ^^. Other than that, it's just a matter of setting things up right so pressing buttons becomes intuitive.

I used the MX518 forever as well and loved it... Bought a lachesis however and hated it. Now i use the g500 and cannot complain.

Got a naga, very soon after they came out. and love it

As with others some of the buttons are more difficulty to get to, for me its 10-12, and 1-3 a little diffiicult, (tend to put stuff on them that i don't use much.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Qorth View Post
    just curious for anyone using them, how they feel? i've used an mx518 for years and it feels like an extension of my hand when i'm playing. but i want more easy to access buttons and the extra keyboard buttons logitech keyboards offer, even gamepads, just don't suit me well. anyone that can offer insight into how a transition might feel?
    I used one for a couple months, and I can tell you it's not worth it. Way too much money for one, and the mouse buttons only become an inconvenience rather than the opposite. The shape of the mouse is rather stupid like most mice from Razer, and if you want a good mouse, here it is. You cannot possibly improve on that mouse design. Some try, like Razer, but it's impossible, because that is the perfect mouse (or the Logitech G5; basically the same thing, but with weights).
    Last edited by Ironfungus; 01-16-2011 at 03:24 AM.

If you are annoyed by having to press the keys on your keyboard, and want an easier way to PvP and PvE while moving, pick this mouse up. It will take a while to get used to it, but once you do, you wont even have to look off your computer screen to cast anything.

It comes with little sticker bumps that act like training wheels to help you learn faster. It has a pulsing light effect (different colors depending on which you pick up) which is nice too.

Comfort is there, although not as good as some other mice. That is just a small complaint from me to get the utility of this mouse.
    Last edited by Hexology; 01-16-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Telaran

I use buttons 1-6 and only a couple of the others for emergency skills (detaunts and such). 1-6 are easy for me and using 10 or 12 for those emergency skills helps me remember them. It does take a little bit to get used to, but once you do it will improve your performance. I especially find it useful for out of party healing. Left click toon in the crowd and thumb press. very good for mass pvp, pq's and very soon rifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Qorth View Post
    Took one it was fine
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post
    I used one for a couple months, and I can tell you it's not worth it. Way too much money for one, and the mouse buttons only become an inconvenience rather than the opposite. The shape of the mouse is rather stupid like most mice from Razer, and if you want a good mouse, here it is. You cannot possibly improve on that mouse design. Some try, like Razer, but it's impossible, because that is the perfect mouse (or the Logitech G5; basically the same thing, but with weights).
    Sorry but no way. Moving from a mouse with 5600 DPI to one with 1800 DPI is like moving from a Ferrari to Festiva.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Logitech has their version of the MMO mouse which is the G700 which I have and like.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

+ Reply to Thread