+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skyline movie trailer! Must see!!

Default Skyline movie trailer! Must see!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJfue-Aanw

The movie looks awesome imo.... what does everyone think? I love movies of this genre

I love pretty much anything dealing with Aliens. These particular ones reminded me of the Protoss, because I play casually, and watch so many SC2 commentaries. Lol. Hope this one is good.

Something to look forward to, nice. Shame most sci fi films end up being trash, heres hoping this one is actually good with a good storyline and not just set peice after set peice.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaneium View Post
    I love pretty much anything dealing with Aliens. These particular ones reminded me of the Protoss, because I play casually, and watch so many SC2 commentaries. Lol. Hope this one is good.
    when i watched the trailer thats the first thing i thought too... OMG the protoss are attacking lol
    "Few are selected to to gaze into the chasm that gave us our power, most are devoured from within, yet a chosen few have the will to walk away from such discord and torment with the true knowledge of what we serve. Transformed with eyes of pure hatred, of utter disdain, bound to its will, the embodiment of a demon. And I, the greatest of its children, am here to show you true pain..." -Maerawn

hahaha protoss...... funny i love sc2 yeah the movie looks good... but 2012 looked great in the trailer but i didnt like the movie all that much. it was good but not as good as i thought

I love alien movies, and this has potential. CGI doesn't convince me of a good movie though. When I first watched the vid the OP posted I became wary from the Transformer-like sounds but this looks to be more of an independent project.

Found this article about the writers/producers:
    http://www.collider.com/2010/07/23/c...ittany-daniel/

Some snippits:
    The idea for the film came from when the brothers were talking about how hard it was to make a movie in Hollywood and decided to make a movie with their own resources and money. ...

The entire movie was made with only a crew of about 20 people, which made for a very rewarding and intimate situation.

Skyline was shot with the new Red camera and, because you don’t need to light as much, it made the production much smaller and let everyone take more risks.

Even the actors took risks. Because there were only 5 people in charge (the directors, a producer and 2 writers) there was no one to report to or to say “no” when they rigged up the leads to hang over a building.

The small scale also meant that the composer might be a producer, the writer a camera man, and made the whole process run smoother because everyone knew so much about the movie.

Hopefully the writing is decent. I'm sure I'll watch this one.
    The Black Company
    Of. By. For.

Telaran

huh, that article makes me want to watch the movie far more than that horrible, horrible trailer.

Meh, felt like war of the world with that dude we all hate.

Granted I don't get to a lot of movies these days, and don't have access to TV, but why is it I've never heard of a movie set to launch in roughly 2 months? That's not a good sign. I know marketing isn't the end-all-be-all of something, but... um... hum. I think I'll wait to see more before being excited about it.

Tron Legacy, now that's a must see. This... I think this is a 'must see the next trailer'.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

I can only hope that we have Will Smith and a drunk Randy Quaid to save us all again.

But, the movie looks interesting.

Really hard to say just by looking at the trailer. It looks like it's worth a watch.

+ Reply to Thread