+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3D gaming

Default 3D gaming

So we have seen the first console games lose the consoles and are using sensors to track your body and interpret the moves to the screen. 3D screens are starting to come out that don't require special glasses to view the 3D effects. When you watched the Iron Man 2 film (which you all watched, of course) Tony Stark wandered through his personal lab at one point tossing 3D holographic files this way and that with motions of his hands... when you look at the technologies emerging today, we probably aren't too far away from that kind of system. For a point of reference see:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ng-images.html

So.... console-less 3D MMORPGs? How long do ya reckon?
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

As long as the carrot on the stick remains in place [ in other words big money making potential ] then the tech progress should pick up speed and we should see some real advances more often. There is however a battle going on for net neutrality and if the general public looses it the profit potential for new gaming tech will slow because people will simply over time loose more access to each other easily. I just feel like the social part of gaming has been a big part of making it such a huge success and thus driving innovation harder.

The movie Surrogates takes this technology beyond gaming and into 'real' life.

I can see the possibility of something like this really happening, and it will be done in games first.

I hope I live to see it (for gaming anyway...)
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

don't know when it will reach the mmo world
    but Crysis 2 will be available in 3D
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

+ Reply to Thread