+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Wacom Bamboo!!

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Zeppelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Keizer, OREGON
    Posts
    105

    Default Wacom Bamboo!!

    Woo! A buddy came over for a little hang out session and he bought me a wacom bamboo tablet!!! This thing is awesome I've been wanting one for a while. Yay for being 21 :O

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara nefermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    I have a Wacom Intuos 3

    yes they are pretty awesome


    Ive been working on getting good with it on Art Rage 3 program

    that's pretty awesome too.
    Last edited by nefermore; 08-29-2010 at 05:46 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Zeppelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Keizer, OREGON
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Niiice

    I've only had it for a day and I can't stop using it..... what a great tool!

    It is a little awkward for me. I did get it yesterday but a weird feel for sure, maybe I have to get used to it :P I am so much better with paper and pencil. I am going to have to start practicing on it to get a good feel. Im going to have to check out Art Rage 3... My
    tablet came with Corel Painter Essentials 4... It's cool that mine came with software for being one of the cheapest ones haha... still a great item though.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Maladhiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    847

    Default

    What's it for?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Phoenix_79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Nice.

    I'm a tight *** so I bought a Genius tablet a couple years ago rather than dishing out the bucks for a Wacom.

    Once you get the hang of them they are sweet.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Threather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    376

    Default

    I can see how they would be cool in some respects. Are you using this to replace your mouse?

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Zephirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Posts
    397

    Default

    I had never heard of the actual product's name, but now that I think back on all those commercials that shows a human hand sorting through all sorts of pictures and videos to tell a story I understand now. I also Googled Wacom Bamboo and saw a demo video. :-p

    That is really awesome. I don't consider myself an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but that is a really nifty piece of technology. Congrats!

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Ancient's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_79 View Post
    Nice.

    I'm a tight *** so I bought a Genius tablet a couple years ago rather than dishing out the bucks for a Wacom.

    Once you get the hang of them they are sweet.
    They are not badly priced atm. I paid 250 for Kitty's taxes included. Granted its not an Intuitos which can run upwards of 1100. She's happy, so I'm happy. I'm still waiting for her to edit the Elders emblem she made to fit my Desktop

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Maladhiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirius View Post
    I had never heard of the actual product's name, but now that I think back on all those commercials that shows a human hand sorting through all sorts of pictures and videos to tell a story I understand now. I also Googled Wacom Bamboo and saw a demo video. :-p

    That is really awesome. I don't consider myself an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but that is a really nifty piece of technology. Congrats!
    Dang. And here I was hoping for a link. Guess I'm gonna have to look for it myself to see what it does.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Zeppelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Keizer, OREGON
    Posts
    105

    Default

    http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen.php theres a link for you Maladhiel


    @Threather No. I use it for photoshop and a few other programs. I use my mouse for browsing the internet playing games etc.

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara Maladhiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen.php theres a link for you Maladhiel
    Thank you, Zeppelin! Much obliged!
    *checks the link*
    That is pretty freakin' COOL!!! I want one!!

  12. #12
    Ascendant Aurelie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    I use an Intuos 4 currently. I love it.

    The only issue is the white nibs which wear off pretty fast (you can buy new ones). The black ones don't wear off but they tend to scratch the surface after a while. Don't worry too much about scratching the surface though, small scratches do not impact the tablet. They mentioned they will fix these issues in a revision though.

    Another issue is that the functions you set for the touch ring tend to reset themselves after a reboot and you have to manually assign functions again.

    Other than that I have had 0 problems with mine, I'm really happy with it, I've dropped mine, put books on it, dropped paint on the surface by accident, it still works and still has the same precision.

    Wacom has a forum too, they reply within a day or less if you have issues.
    Last edited by Aurelie; 08-31-2010 at 05:53 PM.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Kara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    221

    Default

    I have a Wacom Intuos 4 med and I love it! I mainly use it for digital painting, the third post in this thread here is an excellent beginners tutorial for anyone wanting to learn to paint in photoshop with a tablet. Its very easy to do, just start with an outline, block in the color, refine the color then lastly add details.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Kara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Niiice

    I've only had it for a day and I can't stop using it..... what a great tool!

    It is a little awkward for me. I did get it yesterday but a weird feel for sure, maybe I have to get used to it :P I am so much better with paper and pencil. I am going to have to start practicing on it to get a good feel. Im going to have to check out Art Rage 3... My
    tablet came with Corel Painter Essentials 4... It's cool that mine came with software for being one of the cheapest ones haha... still a great item though.
    If a bamboo is similar to an intuos then a nice trick is to place a piece of paper on top of the tablet to add friction, this way it feels more like pencil and paper. It does take alittle while to get used to the smoothness.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Kyridus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    205

    Default

    I just got one 2 days ago (Bamboo), it does take some getting used to but after the initial adjustment I'm hooked. Slowly starting to fully replace the mouse in photoshop for accessing tools etc, but I still find it (unfortunately) most efficient to have keyboard, tablet & mouse all going. Zooming in and out for example, is still better with a mouse as the stylus buttons don't seem to work for that in PS, and I've only just realized how often I'm zooming in and out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts