+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Don't ditch Rift for ToR

Default Don't ditch Rift for ToR

Seriously, been testing 2 builds for ToR and it sucks, graphics suck, animations are stiff, UI has NO customization and the gear is uglier than even this games stuff. Space combat is like an arcade game from the 90s, hell, whole MMO feels like 1999 all over again.

The voiceovers and dialogue options are cool at first, but get stale fast. Since you can't resize or move any of your windows, game feels more like a console title than an MMO tbh.

Sure, it's beta, it may improve a bit, but from what I've seen, unless you're a die hard KOTOR fan, stay away, any seasoned MMO player will likely not enjoy this game.

December 15th, I am heading to ToR.

I played the beta as well and had fun.

It will be nice to play a game again that you don't have to re-spec every other patch to compensate for class changes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

After WAR I don't know why anyone would play an EA backed game, but I see people saying they're going back to WAR from time to time. Why would anyone want to go join the other 12 people that don't have the self respect to not play that abortion of a game?
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Morguloth View Post
    any seasoned MMO player will likely not enjoy this game.
    Considering the response so far, you're pretty far off on your assessment. You got issues if you think you're somehow qualified to speak for ever 'seasoned mmo player'.

No, I'm not going to play ToR.

Champion

I'm ditching it for Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Taristar View Post

It will be nice to play a game again that you don't have to re-spec every other patch to compensate for class changes.
    But at least you can change roles on the fly with this game and have tons of specs to choose from, the soul system in this game is still fantastic, granted, I agree they need to stop the fotm patch changes or tone them down a bit at least.

Sword of Telara

I probably wont bother. Frankly the videos ive seen just didnt look good. i dont do alot of research beyond that.

That said i am totally bored of rift now and could use something, TOR doesnt look like it tho.
    when does diablo 3 come out?
    Last edited by Chovie; 11-09-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

What is this I don't even...

Telaran

Guess you can't please everyone. If they dont try to fix/improve the souls people would be complaining about how horrible it is that the Devs abandoned the game.

They try to fix the classes and its Flavor of the Month shennaigans?

I'd much rather have changes to the classes/souls frequently than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Chovie View Post
    when does diablo 3 come out?
    Not until next year unfortunately. I first started playing Rift to pass the time until Diablo III came out. I didn't know that I'd be waiting this long for it though.
    Vostof: Defiant Level 50 Cleric - Shatterbone
    Juaman: Defiant Level 50 Warrior - Shatterbone
    Crazyeyeskilla: Defiant Level 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Beerme: Guardian Level 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Kirery: Guardian Level 50 Warrior - Shatterbone

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Considering the response so far, you're pretty far off on your assessment. You got issues if you think you're somehow qualified to speak for ever 'seasoned mmo player'.

No, I'm not going to play ToR.
    lol...I'm assuming you read my response in the gear thread, good comeback, touche.

Sure, it's going to get a "response" from all the Star Warz fan boys, that's a given....that and Bioware and EA are 2 of the biggest names out there, so interest is certain.....but justified?.....

It might steal away some kiddies from WoW, but so far I can't at least see myself playing that game for any long length of time, hell, sick of testing it tbh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an old fart who loved the original trilogy and was/am a huge Star Wars fan, but that MMO isn't going to make me ditch everything else like I thought it might, just putting that out there.

Am I qualified to speak for everyone, course not, but I have played my fair share of MMOs over the years and I think many will simply grow tired of ToR, my opinion.....

I've no intention of ditching Rift. TOR looks average at best, Skyrim is 'recommends' a first person perspective (which I absolutely detest) and so for me only GW2 looks promising but as it's a B2P game I don't need to ditch Rift in order to play it and I've a feeling GW2 will become more a replacement for GW1 for me than Rift (i.e. my new PvP game).
    Last edited by RangerRob; 11-09-2011 at 12:28 PM.

It's happened every other MMO out there, but hey, Bioware clearly knows balance. I mean, look at all those Mass Effect classes!
    Last edited by Phantom Scony; 11-09-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Morguloth View Post
    lol...I'm assuming you read my response in the gear thread, good comeback, touche.

Sure, it's going to get a "response" from all the Star Warz fan boys, that's a given....that and Bioware and EA are 2 of the biggest names out there, so interest is certain.....but justified?.....

It might steal away some kiddies from WoW, but so far I can't at least see myself playing that game for any long length of time, hell, sick of testing it tbh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an old fart who loved the original trilogy and was/am a huge Star Wars fan, but that MMO isn't going to make me ditch everything else like I thought it might, just putting that out there.

Am I qualified to speak for everyone, course not, but I have played my fair share of MMOs over the years and I think many will simply grow tired of ToR, my opinion.....
    /bow

I've never had an interest in the scifi style games unless they were very post-appoc in nature. A few of my guildies are going to try it out but I'm not seeing a significant draw from the people I play with. There are a lot of very vocal fans out there (and in here) but there usually is for a new game pre-release.

I hope if people do play it they enjoy it, just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    After WAR I don't know why anyone would play an EA backed game, but I see people saying they're going back to WAR from time to time. Why would anyone want to go join the other 12 people that don't have the self respect to not play that abortion of a game?
    Poor Mythic, their loyal fan base got screwed. I enjoyed DAoC, but Warhammer was/is a mess. GREAT overall idea, wanted so bad for a game built for PvP to succeed....but....

Unlike this game, class changes in Warhammer are/were like waiting for the next Ice Age to come, the devs in that game are horrible, so much wasted potential.

I really wanted to love Warhammer and had hoped Trion might try to implement some kind of successful RvR system for Rift, would give more flavor to the civil war between the factions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast