+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Don't ditch Rift for ToR

Rift Disciple

The thing that mostly puts me of SW:TOR is the fact it will be overrun with annoying little children called Darth Norris, Chuck Vader or some variation of

Let's face it, almost everyone playing Rift is playing it as a filler until something better comes along but I don't think SW:TOR is thing to ditch it for

Quote Originally Posted by Taristar View Post
    It will be nice to play a game again that you don't have to re-spec every other patch to compensate for class changes.
    ... I take it Rift was your first MMO?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Llranda View Post
    overrun with annoying little children
    That's every MMO now.

I bought SW:TOR because I am fascinated to see if BioWare can translate their skill at solo games into MMOs, and also because their devs gave a lot of talk to the idea of story being paramount in a way which most MMOs fall down at.

Personally, I'm skeptical on both counts; I think BioWare is going to fall on their face, and I think that it will quickly turn into the same oops-well-that-was-the-story-blink-and-you-missed-it as every other MMORPG. But I'm a skeptical kind of person. Anyway, I was willing to pay to encourage them to make the attempt. I don't say I will CONTINUE to pay in the future. That remains to be seen.

Rift is a fine MMO but as a person allergic to large groups (I dislike being humiliated for "not doing it right" and I get confused about what everyone is doing), my level 50's have run out of content and my younger chars are tired of doing the same quests again. Will definitely hold on through Ember Isle. Then we'll see.
    D_B: In other words, the internet happened.

Soulwalker

u can all whine as long as u want. rift will die @ 20th dec.

ofc now comes the usual, 'many said rift wuill die bla bla bla'

1st u'll get infinite wz q's
    then more and more players will leave. even if they not play tor.

gw2 will put the last nail into the rift coffin.

stop talking bs. u have 40 days to play. then...

Sword of Telara

I'm subscribed for another 6 months and will still check out TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad123 View Post
    That's every MMO now.
    Agree. Although personally I will find Chuck Vader pretty funny the first time I encounter a char with that name. The first time only.

If I had a nickel for every time I have ranted about someone in Rift who took their name from some other game or some pop culture reference, I could buy myself a nice dinner.

ETA: Not implying any of the many other MMOs I have played in, and ranted in, was any better.
    Last edited by EccentricFlower; 11-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norgor View Post
    u can all whine as long as u want. rift will die @ 20th dec.

ofc now comes the usual, 'many said rift wuill die bla bla bla'

1st u'll get infinite wz q's
    then more and more players will leave. even if they not play tor.

gw2 will put the last nail into the rift coffin.

stop talking bs. u have 40 days to play. then...
    Does anyone have a translator? I'm having trouble understanding this.

Hungarian perhaps?

I wont be, but this thread is pointless tbh...people can play what ever they want lol.
    Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Does anyone have a translator? I'm having trouble understanding this.

Hungarian perhaps?
    You aren't fluent enough in Troll.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    ... I take it Rift was your first MMO?
    Well it's true, he won't have to respec when he gets nerfed. If that's a good or a bad thing... well, he'll find out.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricFlower View Post
    I bought SW:TOR because I am fascinated to see if BioWare can translate their skill at solo games into MMOs, and also because their devs gave a lot of talk to the idea of story being paramount in a way which most MMOs fall down at.

Personally, I'm skeptical on both counts; I think BioWare is going to fall on their face, and I think that it will quickly turn into the same oops-well-that-was-the-story-blink-and-you-missed-it as every other MMORPG. But I'm a skeptical kind of person. Anyway, I was willing to pay to encourage them to make the attempt. I don't say I will CONTINUE to pay in the future. That remains to be seen.

Rift is a fine MMO but as a person allergic to large groups (I dislike being humiliated for "not doing it right" and I get confused about what everyone is doing), my level 50's have run out of content and my younger chars are tired of doing the same quests again. Will definitely hold on through Ember Isle. Then we'll see.
    You don't think there's a relationship between MMOs and subpar story that everyone else can't see or something? Hard to feel important in a galaxy where you've got forty people doing the same quest as you. Without severe isolation, you're not going to get the epic hero story. By the way, you a fan of having the exact same ship everyone your class has?

Bioware has been grifting gamers for years now and I don't even understand it. Their games are identical, structurally, and the stories use the exact same story model. Why in the world does anyone think they're going to reinvent the mmo market? They have done NOTHING to reinvent any aspect of the video game market, and everyone swears by them as if they're Gods. They made a 3D version of Baldur's gate and put it in Star Wars.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricFlower View Post

What is this? I don't even begin to understand how you can be confused about what to do in a group in a MMO.
    Even free cost too much now

I loved playing the old republic back on the old xbox but after seeing the way this mmo looks i dont see it going very far. My opinion is that a great console game should stay a great console game. With that being said i have no interests in going over to TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Scony View Post
    You don't think there's a relationship between MMOs and subpar story that everyone else can't see or something? Hard to feel important in a galaxy where you've got forty people doing the same quest as you. Without severe isolation, you're not going to get the epic hero story. By the way, you a fan of having the exact same ship everyone your class has?
    I think that's a very good point, but that's not quite the kind of story I mean. I guess maybe I should have said "richer backstory" or "more immersive lore." I'm not interested in being made to feel important and a Special Snowflake, but I AM interested in being more interested. I want to think there is some kind of long-scale plot, even if I'm an anonymous cog in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast