+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Skyrim

Default Skyrim

soo who is going to get Skyrim?! =D

http://youtu.be/iLLJwInYhd0

I'm getting it midnight!! nom nom nom! sooo can't wait hehe.

My video card protested even playing the video of the game yet alone the game, itself
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

I'd watch the video if I had my log in information.

People seem to be super excited about this game, its a wonder nobody came in to tell us that it'll be the death of Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    I'd watch the video if I had my log in information.

People seem to be super excited about this game, its a wonder nobody came in to tell us that it'll be the death of Rift.
    it's won't kill rift, but it will help rift if you ask me, ppl need something to do other then play rift all the time, and if you play Skyrim a few hours a day then maybe every other day play rift then you will enjoy it more.

Skyrim will add a big jump in the Fantasy role play game market, which Rift is a part of. No matter how great the game will become, it's still to me a single player game, and I need some real interaction.
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

Don't preach to me about it, I only get Rift time for a couple hours on maybe 2 nights a week if I'm lucky. And it won't even be that for the next 2 weeks because its week 9 and Finals are on week 11. So when I do get to play Rift it always refreshing.

And I don't really think it'll help Rift. I mean playing a sword n board game to get away from a sword n board game kind of makes it an attempt in futility. I personally switch to L4D2 or MC for a fresh flavor flav.
    Last edited by Cassiel of harrow; 11-09-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Getting it Friday.

My computer shall defrag while I am at class tomorrow and the food and drink shall be ready for Friday. No-lifeing homework / studying today and tomorrow so that nothing gets in the way of Skyrim for 4 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Getting it Friday.

My computer shall defrag while I am at class tomorrow and the food and drink shall be ready for Friday. No-lifeing homework / studying today and tomorrow so that nothing gets in the way of Skyrim for 4 days.
    This. Except I'm doing the far less responsible version involving bad food and booze. I eat very well normally, but on weekends I'll order a pizza or some chinese food and gorge myself when I get drunk enough. I have no plans for the weekend and hopefully will get out of work a bit early on Friday.

My only concern is finding the game. You'd be surprised how fast those things go in my area when they're highly anticipated releases. They'll have 200 in stock at Best Buy and they'll be gone by noon. If nothing else I'll just live vicariously through the rest of you and get drunk enough to think I'm actually playing it.

I'm not allowing myself to own Skyrim until I finish my college degree (12 Credit Hours left on a Electrical Engineering degree) because I know I'd fail every class I have left if I got it

On a related note all of this Skyrim talk makes me sad
    Last edited by Credo; 11-09-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I'm not allowing myself to own Skyrim until I finish my college degree (12 Credit Hours left on a Electrical Engineering degree) because I know I'd fail every class I have left if I got it

On a related note all of this Skyrim talk makes me sad
    Yeah I'm the exact same way with COD MW3 and AC Revelations. I want them so bad and a few other game names but I know if I get anything then my grades will just crumble. All I gotta do it make it 5 weeks and we'll get a couple of weeks off for the holidays.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    Yeah I'm the exact same way with COD MW3 and AC Revelations. I want them so bad and a few other game names but I know if I get anything then my grades will just crumble. All I gotta do it make it 5 weeks and we'll get a couple of weeks off for the holidays.
    For what it's worth, I think you're both being very responsible and it'll make finally purchasing the game more of a reward than it would otherwise.

Not to mention few people can verify Skyrim is worth the hype at this point, and COD MW3 has a four hour campaign (I clocked it) and multiplayer almost identical to COD MW2 with a few new modes and some neat features.

Point is, there's no game worth ruining your education / career for - especially not now.

To me it's just something to play in the hotel when I don't want to pay $15 a day for shiatty internet. After playing MMOs for 15 years, single player RPGs just can't hold my interest. I play to compete against other people--not for a storyline.

I will be taking a vacation from Telara for a short while due to Skyrim, not sure how long it will be for but I will be certainly going the no life route over the weekend. I am all preloaded and will be staying up till midnight for the launch. Will probably shouting at steam shortly after when everything grinds to a halt due to the servers melting as everyone tries to unlock it all at same time.

Is it a coincidence that my Rift subscription expires on the 12th? REALLY dont think I'll be renewing until I'm sure I miss it lol.

That being said...I have Skyrim pre-ordered and downloaded on Steam. Just waiting for the clock to hit 12:00 so i can press "play"!!!!

What sucks though is...I got invited to the Star Wars beta this weekend lol. Figures! I get a beta invite the same weekend Skyrim comes out...I swear it's some sort of marketing scam by Bioware lol.
    Last edited by Sozu; 11-10-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    Is it a coincidence that my Rift subscription expires on the 12th? REALLY dont think I'll be renewing until I'm sure I miss it lol.

That being said...I have Skyrim pre-ordered and downloaded on Steam. Just waiting for the clock to hit 12:00 so i can press "play"!!!!

What sucks though is...I got invited to the Star Wars beta this weekend lol. Figures! I get a beta invite the same weekend Skyrim comes out...I swear it's some sort of marketing scam by Bioware lol.
    Lol, mine expires on the 20th so... I might also be on hiatus for a bit due to Skyrim, Finals, and the Christmas nightmare.
    And I didn't even think of Steam... Damnit... could've had the game like 11 hours sooner... oh well... Gives me time to get more homework out of the way before I start implanting my axe into a dragon's skull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast