Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bit the bullet and pre-ordered SWTORO today

Default Bit the bullet and pre-ordered SWTORO today

I do not pay you so I can be the equivalent of a mob for your hardcore player base to farm Trion, if you don't want to make pvp fun for all....I will take my money to Bioware come December. Will it be the best pvp ever? Probably not......but it cannot possibly be worse than what Rift pvp has turned into.

Holy crap what a ghost town this game will be in 6 weeks.

i agree their pvp is dismal. however, im going to stick it out for the full duration of my subscription (1 year) to see where they end up. heres hoping they finally hire a good pvp dev team.

OK, I keep hearing how pvp bad. Yet I donít see anyone actually saying how it can be better. I tried one post about a month ago and got bashed on the head for my pvp suggestion. Thus, what your suggestion for pvp and how it fits in rift.

Letís make it clear and concise. That way we can understand what your goals are and how the fit the game. if its arena that ahs been suggested and the balancing nightmare will get worse if they go with that idea. Perversely it should be something never been done or tried before on a mmo. This way people donít get bored within 2 min of release and the come back here asking for more form the game.

Now for me. I like a random component pvp. This way when they enter a pvp game, you really never know what you would get. The objective would be random and explain at the beginning of the match. Now never seen boat fights in pvp so that would be a key element that I like to see. Thus, instead of I quit again thread. Lets make I want something unique and different thread for the game.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

raid vs raid

allowing pre-mades to que together again

smaller 1v1 2v2 and 5v5 "arena" type things

a ranking system (so I can stroke my epeen)

A way for a rogue to last more than 1 or 2 hits that doesn't rely on 2 min cooldowns would be nice too!
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 11-08-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post

A way for a rogue to last more than 1 or 2 hits that doesn't rely on 2 min cooldowns would be nice too!
    L2Plane shift ... just an idea ...

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    OK, I keep hearing how pvp bad. Yet I donít see anyone actually saying how it can be better.
    You clearly dont read the forums. There are many posts with suggestions on how to improve the gameplay.

Secondly, it's Trion's responsibility to come up with the solutions. Players should be framing the problem.

Rift is not a PvP focussed game and it never claimed to be. Is the PvP terribly in-balanced poop? YES. Will they change it...NOPE.

I reached P8 and I'm struggling to logon to PvP, it's a repetitive boring grind, infested with annoying rogue's and simply is not fun anymore (for me anyway). Plus I'm tired of Trions buff/nerf approach to class "balance", 1.6 looks like it will make mages OP next, I play a mage and that last thing I want to be is OP.

I've not heard good things about Swtor pvp, but it has to be better than Rift.
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    OK, I keep hearing how pvp bad. Yet I don’t see anyone actually saying how it can be better.
    here you go:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...pvp-goals.html

although there is at least two videos on utube about pre release from trion about pvp THIS is not a pvp game

end result

those videos were just posted to boost sales

end
    Last edited by Khalsa84; 11-08-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Although I am not one of them, many Defiants will rest more at ease now the "killin" machine has moved on.
    Haha Ciao Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    I do not pay you so I can be the equivalent of a mob for your hardcore player base to farm Trion, if you don't want to make pvp fun for all....I will take my money to Bioware come December. Will it be the best pvp ever? Probably not......but it cannot possibly be worse than what Rift pvp has turned into.

Holy crap what a ghost town this game will be in 6 weeks.
    im in beta (and havent logged in in ~2.5 weeks) youll be back in 10 weeks if PvP is why you play mmos
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 11-08-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Some one who used rift as a filler until SWTOR comes out? nothing to see here. move along.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    im in beta (and havent logged in in ~2.5 weeks) youll be back in 10 weeks if PvP is why you play mmos
    What?? I want that.

In all seriousness I expect SWTOR to have all the same problems all previous MMO:s have already had, plus a few additional ones due to omg huge population from start. But I'm gonna give it a try ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Rift is not a PvP focussed game and it never claimed to be.
    I keep seeing this and it just isn't true. Yeah - it's more focused on pve, but they put emphasis on pvp from the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIiraDqzQYU

They just dug themselves a hole as it pertains to gear and either don't know how to climb out of it or simply don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    I keep seeing this and it just isn't true. Yeah - it's more focused on pve, but they put emphasis on pvp from the start.

They just dug themselves a hole as it pertains to gear and either don't know how to climb out of it or simply don't want to.
    Thank you....you just saved me some time looking for this.
    Last edited by Naracion; 11-08-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caper View Post
    Zin can't be female. He's also Repear. He told me so in 50 chat. And he never trolls.

SW will allow group queueing that me and my guildmates won't have to wait 20 minutes to enter a WF. Plus I'm hearing good things about Ilum.

I've already pre-ordered too.
    Last edited by Vaine; 11-08-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post

That video was a direct response to criticisms of comments from people at Trion about a lack of PVP emphasis because it is a PVE game. Yes, there is a small PVP focus, but it has proven to be somewhat half-cocked and no one should've expected otherwise if they had been paying attention. If they want to maintain that they care about PVP, they need to start seriously caring about it and get some interesting ideas flowing out into the game.
    Last edited by settledown; 11-08-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast