+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "ES:O is like a ultra lite daggerfal+morrowind version" can somebody explain this ?

Default "ES:O is like a ultra lite daggerfal+morrowind version" can somebody explain this ?

I never played other ES games, but when I read fan messages about ES:O, it seems like many of them werent pleased, and feel it was a step back, with comments such as "oblivion was a ultra lite daggerfal+morrowind version"

how was it a step back? can somebody explain to me what fans felt was a step back about ES:O?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I never played other ES games, but when I read fan messages about ES:O, it seems like many of them werent pleased, and feel it was a step back, with comments such as "oblivion was a ultra lite daggerfal+morrowind version"

how was it a step back? can somebody explain to me what fans felt was a step back about ES:O?
    It's incredibly hard to compare any modern ES game to daggerfall, because they're just so different. It's like comparing Super Mario 64 to the original 2d platform games.

As for Oblivion vs. Morrowind, I will say they each have their advantages and disadvantages. Morrowind had many more unique dungeons/caverns with their own story you could feel and discover by searching for notes or cave drawings, looting corpses from long ago, whereas Oblivion's content is squarely around the quests, with only a few easter eggs here and there to discover off the beaten path.

Oblivion has the stronger graphics and more balanced combat system. Both offer an excellent overall story for the main quest and many side quests.

The stories are absolutely not intertwined whatsoever, so it does not matter which you play first. You can find them both for cheap, I'm sure.

aux

It's a much smaller world. Daggerfall was _huge_. There were literally thousands of places to visit, although most of it was procedurally generated rather than hand crafted like they are in recent games. You never knew what you were going to find. I also miss the weather system from Daggerfall. It had seasons and everything was covered in snow in the winter
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread