+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Say Goodbye To Big Numbers in WoW

Telaran

Default Say Goodbye To Big Numbers in WoW

I'm just talking about stats, not number of players. LOL

It looks interesting, but the new WoW devs are just all over the place. Too bad the good ones went to Titan.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585/

Rift Chaser

Trion will face this problem sooner or later when one considers just how much content they release and just how much bigger and better they seem to keep wanting to make raid/rank 47 players with each tier.

What is your definition of all over the place concerning the options that the dev's have put in place?

I never played WoW so maybe it had something like this that I'm not seeing from the article but I think Trion has sidestepped the issue, to some degree, via the use of hit/focus/toughness.

The HK mark chest for warriors has < 2000 armor and only adds 26 strength. Those are pretty small numbers. If they want to add T3 gear then they can add an hft check on normal mobs and increase the check slightly for raid mobs...the require is only 300ish for T2 raid mobs now.

I could see us 3 years down the road with T10 raids requiring 1k toughness for tanks but the bosses having only 20 - 30% more health. The numerical upgrade on the gear is small but you have to have it if you want to see the content.

Of course r40 PVP gear will have 75M vengeance but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketinvik View Post
    I never played WoW so maybe it had something like this that I'm not seeing from the article but I think Trion has sidestepped the issue, to some degree, via the use of hit/focus/toughness.

The HK mark chest for warriors has < 2000 armor and only adds 26 strength. Those are pretty small numbers. If they want to add T3 gear then they can add an hft check on normal mobs and increase the check slightly for raid mobs...the require is only 300ish for T2 raid mobs now.

I could see us 3 years down the road with T10 raids requiring 1k toughness for tanks but the bosses having only 20 - 30% more health. The numerical upgrade on the gear is small but you have to have it if you want to see the content.

actually the HK gear scaling was crazy and definitely along the roads of stat inflation. They added gear to the game that was ~ twice as good as the last tier, and it was not even an expansion.

people went from doing 1k dps to 2k dps , take into account that expansions are going to warrant a larger increase between gear than just tier differences.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 11-04-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Ah, I didn't compare HK gear to GSB gear. Well, hopefully they'll modify their direction before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by nade View Post
    I'm just talking about stats, not number of players. LOL

It looks interesting, but the new WoW devs are just all over the place. Too bad the good ones went to Titan.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585/
    I think the good devs quit a few years ago.
    I have three rules which I live by: Never get less than 12 hours sleep, never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, and never go near a lady with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. You stick with that, everything else is cream cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketinvik View Post

Wow's vanilla and TBC time had small increases with each tier. It's generally the actual expansions that cause high inflation. WOTLK had a lot of raid levels so that caused even more stat inflation (think four item levels for each raid +10 or so for the final boss)

It seems to be the natural process for raid focused gear based MMO's.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

+ Reply to Thread