+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For all you mechwarrior fans - MWLL

Sword of Telara

Default For all you mechwarrior fans - MWLL

This post are for all you mechwarrior fans out there, as well as anyone else who might enjoy a hybrid FPS/SIM combined arms game.

I sometimes like to share the fun I have with my fellow gamers, and this is one of those times.
    I want to tell you about a game, or rather a mod for a game, I have been playing on and off for the past year or so.

Its called Mechwarrior Living Legends or MWLL for short.
    Many of you may already know about this and even be playing, but for those of the fans who got tired of MW4 and are looking for something new, this could be just what you are looking for.
    There was a teaser trailer out for a new MW game, popularly known as MW5, but due to license issues, the current state of that game is unknown, but MWLL should be a good substitute.

MechWarrior: Living Legends (MWLL) is a total conversion modification for Crysis Wars. MWLL is at its very core a mix between a First Person Shooter (FPS) and a Simulation (SIM). This will be achieved through the use of a mixed arms massively multiplayer gaming experience where the player takes part in a battle using a variety of vehicles and weapons. MWLL is using the concepts pioneered by the “Battlefield” franchise and more recently Crysis, of a sandbox feel where you get to play what you want and how you want it. MWLL depicts the epic struggles between the two factions of Battletech “The Clans” and “The Inner Sphere”. Maps will typically have a mix of vehicles and infantry combat, using both of these to complete objectives as a team will be essential to winning rounds or campaigns in MWLL. In the project we will be bringing some of the legends of “MechWarrior” franchise back to life with new art and animations that do justice to these huge weapons of war and also do something that’s never be done before using the deep universe of Battletech. There are so many facets to Battletech and finally comes a title that is willing to explore them.

When the mod was released to the public for open beta testing in 2009, it won the
    Multiplayer Mod Of The Year 2009 Award.
    The mod has since seen several updates and are currently running version 0.4.3.
    The mod is exclusively multiplayer, and though the aspect of a single player campaign have been discussed, there are currently no single player aspect. If there will be one in the future is another matter entirely, and are up to the devs to decide.

The current version has 3 types of Game Modes:

Team Solaris Arena
    Team Solaris Arena or TSA has been the most popular game mode based on struggle of two teams against themselves, where players can earn CBills by damaging or destroying enemy units. Two opposing teams, the Inner Sphere and Clans fight as long as the map timer is set for and the team with the highest score wins the match. This game mode resembles the Team Deathmatch game mode in most First Person Shooter multiplayer games.

In the TSA Mode player have to earn experience to gain next rank, which gives more starting CBills, but he may also collect them during gameplay, by various activities, such as providing TAG, NARC or C3. If money earn is greater than amount of starting CBills, than player won't loose them, otherwise it'll be replaced to minimum of given rank.

Test of Strength
    Test of Strength, or ToS is a Team Battle mode limited to 2 opposing teams. Players start out with a limited amount of Cbills, which can be adjusted by the server; it's normally enough to allow players access to most Mechs and Vehicles. In ToS, it is impossible to earn additional Cbills during the course of the battle, and as such, it is a much more tactical Game Mode then the current Solaris Arena. Players can still Rank up according to damage dealt and kill count, but this brings none of the additional benefits normally associated with higher Ranks.

Terrain Control
    Terrain Control brings a new objective-based game mode centered on the capture and control of key locations on a game map. Kills and enemy damage are still a factor, but are weighed less than having terrain under your teams control.

To play the mob you require Crysis wars as this is after all a mod for that game, but other than that the game is completely free and available for Download from the MWLL website.

I myself have enjoyed many hours behind the controls of giant mechs blowing up other mechs, as well as running tanks shooting down enemy air units, or in the air dropping bombs on the other team.

So If you are bored with other MMOs, and are looking form some action while waiting for Rift, why not check this out?
    Its ideal if you dont have much time to play, as you can just jump into a public game and play a couple matches and when you leave, there are sure to be others who will be happy to take your place.

See you on the battlefield.

Ascendant

I still wait for Mechwarrior 5.

Why everything really cool stuff dies and emos/furries all kind of crazy **** comes. Ganking is getting nerfed. Everything fun is nerfed. Just BS;
    Last edited by June; 01-15-2011 at 02:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread