+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Playing rift with 1hand - Dislocated my arm, 15cm gash in my head.

Default Playing rift with 1hand - Dislocated my arm, 15cm gash in my head.

so im 15 and i had a bike accident, i ended up getting a 15cm gash on my head and a dislocated arm. it keeps dislocating itself so i have to wear a sling. hence i can play rift with only 1 hand.

My Head:
    Code:
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/302364_314653915216918_100000169351499_1511275_1196458115_n.jpg
    WARNING ^^ THAT IMAGE IS GORY...

So yeah, any ideas how to play rift with 1 hand? :P

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Evisrus View Post
    so im 15 and i had a bike accident, i ended up getting a 15cm gash on my head and a dislocated arm. it keeps dislocating itself so i have to wear a sling. hence i can play rift with only 1 hand.

My Head:
    Code:
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/302364_314653915216918_100000169351499_1511275_1196458115_n.jpg
    WARNING ^^ THAT IMAGE IS GORY...

So yeah, any ideas how to play rift with 1 hand? :P
    Damn man did you ride into a bulldozer? That looks pretty brutal. At least you're alive.

You could either buy that ridiculous mouse with 80 buttons and map all of your functions to it, or you can just play with a two button mouse and play at the precision and speed of the majority of my PUG members.

Turn on Click to Move and find/use a macro build. If you were a keyboard turner, now's a great time to kick the habit.

Hope your recovery is a speedy one.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Damn dude, wear a helmet.
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

Why did I look at the picture?

Get well soon, though! No idea how you could make playing with one hand work. If you are really flexible, you could try to use one hand and one foot instead
    Last edited by Saffira; 11-02-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Saffira View Post
    Why did I look at the picture?

Get well soon, though! No idea how you could make playing with one hand work. If you are really flexible, you could try to use one hand and one foot instead
    Most male MMO gamers play with one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post

I see what you did there.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post

I see what you did there.
    I know. I am ashamed.

Rift Chaser

Playing rift with 1hand
    At first I was like

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/302364_314653915216918_100000169351499_1511275_119 6458115_n.jpg
    But then I was like

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I knew some WoW players who had one usable hand. But they had a much more advanced addon system to help out with some of the stuff.

Which hand do you have available? Have you looked into stuff like the razer naga?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    I just pretend I am innocent and have no idea what you are talking about

Edit: I think Evisrus isn't in the mood to play with his buddy, after he crashed into a reindeer with his bike. His main concern is how he will play Rift, so help him out a bit more! And I am really interested in one-hand-gaming, too. So I can play Rift and fold clothes/cook/vaccuum clean/give my husband a massage at the same time

Well... you could try using a mouse like the Razer Naga and mapping everything to it but that would probably be hard to get used to (the moving primarily). Getting used to your hotbars being mapped to it doesn't take too long though. Do joysticks work with rift? Maybe get one and use your feet with it? (I know NOTHING about how those work, just trying to think of solutions).
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

does that pic remind anyone else of lasagna?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

In a fit of irony, I am about to need to do this, because it turns out that I have a thing called a "rotator cuff", and also it is not working very well. So I am suddenly left-handed.

... Actually, I may give up and not try to play until this heals.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Thanks for the sympathy guys my head bandage should be removed in a week or so. my arm will probably be free out of the sling in a few days. i currently have my right hand avaliable . Its not too hard to play, just slow :S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast