+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul Planner / Ipod app? I may develop it.

Default Soul Planner / Ipod app? I may develop it.

I haven't seen any details of an Ipod app for Rift yet. I'm interested in developing an Ipod app that essentially would allow players to fool around with creating different builds and allow you to save them and load them up at a later time.

Pretty basic, but potential to be much more. Perhaps eventually showing exactly what stats you'd end up with, and maybe even show gear and other details of your in-game characters, if Rift has an XML feed or anything I could parse from. (Though this part would come much later!)

Does anyone know if there is already an ipod app available and, if so, who's developing it?

I hate to reinvent the wheel or step on someone's toes if there is already someone working on this!

Of course, I'd give it away for free as I wouldn't feel right making money off of Rift. -Not to mention, likely legal issues if I made money off it! hehe.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for the app or details on currently in-development apps for Rift, I'd appreciate them!

Please just delete this thread. posted it in the wrong section. :P

Just make sure you dev for iPad in tandem or skip the pod all together.

Ipod/pad/phone apps would be awsome.
    Rift Beta

Droid app.

I don't need a flag, Mr. Christian. Unlike you I still have a country. (Captain Blythe)
    In war (and PvP) it's not who's right, it's who's left.
    I will have my Vengeance. In this life or the next

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Droid app.
    This. Not enough Droid apps.
    "Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile"
    Looking for a tight knit guild to play and learn more about the game with? www.DarkOrderOfCaine.com
    Salzus In-Game

Sadly, I don't have a droid to test with.

Anyone who's droid familiar and developer-minded can feel free to contact me if you'd like to work together, though!

Ascendant

The problem i can see with this project is you would have to obtain permission from Trion to use their artwork (class icons/ ability icons etc) to distribute the app
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    The problem i can see with this project is you would have to obtain permission from Trion to use their artwork (class icons/ ability icons etc) to distribute the app
    Only if I charge for it... Consider all the web apps out there already for this exact thing.

Even so, I did the right thing and emailed support when I decided to take this on, hoping to get a reply for this project.

I started to fool around with making a droid version with this, and somewhere between download eclipse and eating I lost interest. I might look into it tomo.
    "Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile"
    Looking for a tight knit guild to play and learn more about the game with? www.DarkOrderOfCaine.com
    Salzus In-Game

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zephix View Post
    Only if I charge for it... Consider all the web apps out there already for this exact thing.

Even so, I did the right thing and emailed support when I decided to take this on, hoping to get a reply for this project.
    Actually doesn't matter if you charge for it or not.. you are distributing it.. The analogy id use is you make a copy of a a movie & give it to a friend.. Just cause you didn't sell it to him doesn't mean you didn't break the law.. The only thing is selling it makes it worse of an offense..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Well, for those that care, I've made progress. Have a basic loading screen and a "new build" screen where you select an archtype.

:P Not much more than a swipable interface so far... but hey, we gotta start somewhere, right? :P
    Last edited by Zephix; 01-15-2011 at 07:42 PM.

very good idea man
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Actually doesn't matter if you charge for it or not.. you are distributing it.. The analogy id use is you make a copy of a a movie & give it to a friend.. Just cause you didn't sell it to him doesn't mean you didn't break the law.. The only thing is selling it makes it worse of an offense..
    Well, hopefully they won't care. I'm not sure how all of the websites get away with using the in-game art and icons without getting shut down, either. So, perhaps it's something included in the fansite kit? I'm downloading that now.

Either way; still awaiting an update from the Rift team.

+ Reply to Thread