+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it impossible to get the 51 point ability?

Default Is it impossible to get the 51 point ability?

I was wondering because you can only get to level 50 and because you cant spend more points in any given tree, how would you acquire the 51 point ability?

Somebody please answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

Soulwalker

I think you are a bit confused how the class tree works. The "top" of any given class tree requires only 30 points spent within that class, while the abilities come naturally from spending points within the tree. At lvl 50 you will have 66 points to distribute as you see fit. Play with the class builder yourself to get a better understanding of how it works:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rift/index.html#

he's talking about the root skill that requires 51 points spent in the tree.

Rift Disciple

Like the guy said above you get 66 points. The roots don't go off your level. All you have to do is spend 51 points in the branches. The roots go off how many points you spend in the branches.

I think what he is talking about is the fact that at lvl 20 you could not spend any more than 20 points in any tree. So if this is the norm come release, you will not be able to spend more than 50 points in any tree, and hense not be able to get the 51 point root ability.

I think he has a valid question, and I myself would be keen to know if there is a point where you can spend more than your current levels worth of points in a single tree.

Rift Disciple

If I remember correctly you get to spend 6 points every 5 lvls. I know at lvl 20 I spent more then 20 points in one tree.

I'd assume the number of points you can spend in a tree unlocks at a certain point. For example, in EQ2 on the PvP server you used to only be able to spend an amount of AA points equal to 1.5x your level, regardless of how many points you have earned. This restriction was removed once you hit level 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexat View Post
    If I remember correctly you get to spend 6 points every 5 lvls. I know at lvl 20 I spent more then 20 points in one tree.
    You get 1 point every level and an additional point every 3 levels. The end result is you get 66 points at level 50 which is enough to max out one soul tree and have 15 points to spare for other trees.
    Last edited by AustinB; 01-15-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
    You get 1 point every level and an additional point every 3 levels. The end result is you get 66 points at level 50 which is enough to max out one soul tree and have 10 points to spare for other trees.
    and have 15 points to spare. but the question was seeing as every level you are able to put one extra point into the soultree, you'd then only be able to get 50 points in one tree at level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Slurpeedelic View Post
    and have 15 points to spare. but the question was seeing as every level you are able to put one extra point into the soultree, you'd then only be able to get 50 points in one tree at level 50.

Doh, look at me failing at basic math. At least I can blame it on this terrible cold I seem to have come down with

Anyways, I'd imagine that once you get to, say level 50, that last point unlocks allowing you to put 51 points in the tree.
    Last edited by AustinB; 01-15-2011 at 09:18 AM.

It might just be me, but last time I looked, the Necromancer tree at the very least only has 50 points worth of talents in it, making it impossible to get the endgame ability. Dunno about other trees though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    It might just be me, but last time I looked, the Necromancer tree at the very least only has 50 points worth of talents in it, making it impossible to get the endgame ability. Dunno about other trees though.
    It has exactly 51 points for talents.

+ Reply to Thread