+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick, Which one and Why Gaming PC

Default Quick, Which one and Why Gaming PC

875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply edit
    PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 4.1GHz edit
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit
    MEMORY 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz edit
    VIDEO CARD Dual 2GB ATI Radeon™ HD 6950 - ATI CrossFireX™ Enabled edit
    KEYBOARD Alienware TactX™ Keyboard edit
    MOUSE Alienware TactX™ Mouse edit
    HARD DRIVE 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache edit
    MEDIA READER Alienware® 19-in-1 Media Card Reader edit
    MONITOR 21.5” Alienware AW2210 OptX™ Full HD Gaming Monitor edit
    OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Or

Cosmic Black, Alienware Aurora Chassis edit
    PROCESSOR Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7 930 Quad Core Processor (3.36GHz, 8MB Cache) edit
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit
    MEMORY 12GB Triple Channel 1333MHz DDR3 edit
    KEYBOARD Alienware TactX™ Keyboard edit
    MOUSE Mouse included with Keyboard purchase edit
    HARD DRIVE 500GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD edit
    SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio edit
    OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Alienware™ High-Performance Liquid Cooling
    VIDEO CARD Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 - SLI Enabled
    MONITOR 23.0” Alienware AW2310 OptX™ Full HD Gaming Monitor, 3D capable (required nVidia 3D Vision kit)
    ADVANCED DISPLAYS NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Kit Including Glasses and Emitter
    AUTOMATIC UPDATES Automatic Updates: Enabled
    Svava
    Solidarity Gaming
    Guild Master
    solidaritygaming.guildlaunch.com

Plane Touched

Option 1!

Better processor, better GPU, more RAM. It's also possible to unlock the 6950 to a 6970 by flashing the bios.

Easy.
    Last edited by Legiav; 01-14-2011 at 07:53 PM.

I wouldn't choose any of them because they're all Alienware. Sorry dude.

Rift Disciple

If you are really going to spend that kind of money, go get a Falcon NW, or even ibuypower. Don't buy an overpriced Dell. You will get better quality for less other places (buypower or building yourself will be better, have good warranties on all the components, and easily fixable if something breaks). There are guides all over the net on how to build your own PC. It takes a short afternoon, and only requires a few screws, pluggin in a few wires, and snapping cards into place. I can't recommend it enough.

If you really must pick one of those, the top one is better specced. But I cringe to think how much you are selling yourself short.

Quote Originally Posted by badplasmid View Post
    If you are really going to spend that kind of money, go get a Falcon NW, or even ibuypower. Don't buy an overpriced Dell. You will get better quality for less other places (buypower or building yourself will be better, have good warranties on all the components, and easily fixable if something breaks). There are guides all over the net on how to build your own PC. It takes a short afternoon, and only requires a few screws, pluggin in a few wires, and snapping cards into place. I can't recommend it enough.

If you really must pick one of those, the top one is better specced. But I cringe to think how much you are selling yourself short.
    I can't agree more. I used to think alienware and all that other good jazz was good enough, but it wasn't until about a half a year ago that I had someone who knew what they were doing build a PC on iBuypower for $1000. And guess what? I can't find a single game where I don't run at 60FPS at max settings (except RIFT, but it's in beta so I'll have to excuse it.).

+ Reply to Thread