+ Reply to Thread

Thread: warrior side question

Default warrior side question

Ok, I was reading a good article on line and it was about self confidence. It seems after reading this a majority of warrior’s suffer from this or Narcissistic personality disorder. I’m kind of in the middle on this one. The reason why I say this I keep hearing that warrior’s dps suck.

In all the playing I have done on my warrior I do more damage than most players. In raid against a a mage in most raid gear and rogues with some raid gear. I still out dps them. In a very weird way, warriors say on line that they do not good dps.

Hitherto as you read forums they say just the opposite. The reason why they should be top dps is that they are a melee only class. The reason why they should be top tank is that they have more souls for the job.

That is what the article was talking about, the lack of confidence in one self. They need something to justice there way of life. It seems these types of people also only play one class in MMos. They fervidly defend these classes. As they want them to be the best. It a way for them to build self confidence in their avatar in mmo game

Here a definition from the article

Low self-esteem symptoms:
    • Hypersensitivity to criticism, which makes oneself feel easily attacked and experience obstinate resentment against critics.
    • Defensive tendencies
    • Floating hostility, irritability out in the open, always on the verge of exploding even for unimportant things; an attitude characteristic of somebody who feels bad about everything, who is disappointed or unsatisfied with everything.
    • Neurotic guilt: one is condemned for behaviors which not always are objectively bad, exaggerates the magnitude of mistakes or offenses and complains about them indefinitely, never reaching full forgiveness.
    • Heavy self-criticism, tending to create a habitual state of dissatisfaction with oneself.
    • Perfectionism, or self-demand to do everything attempted "perfectly" without a single mistake, which can lead to frustration when perfection is not achieved.

Now look at all the warriors post and you might see what I see. I hope I am wrong. But it does answer a lot of question on why I ge attack for making a suggestion..

Now for Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

It starts to sound eerily familiar on how most warriors react in the game. So am I off the mark, got it dead wrong or close guys.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

there are a range of different varables that effect the outcome of your DPS on the charts... this game uses RNG

so this means that you could outgear these other mages, or outskill them. should the Warrior class be balanced around other player classes being played by the unskilled, or should it be balanced around the skilled?

I remember this same argument in TBC World of Warcraft when it came to Paladins.

You had people that would call rets as LOLRET, while at the same time you had people that would QQ about Paladins being OP... so Blizzard would nerf Paladins more and more, even tho they were already a joke (LOLRET).

Blizzard didnt want to buff Protection to be equal or close to equal to Druids and Warriors. Because they cired that Paladins could AoE tank (AoE tanking is a gimmick back then that had no effect on Endgame tanking other than Trash mobs.)

And Holy Paladins were made to be the worst Healers.. Blizzard even mentioned this in the WoTLK Alpha forum,,, yet people still QQed...

so that means they would get nerfed..

same thing seems to be going on here. The Skilled players of other classes can take on a Warrior, but the unskilled other classes, vs a Skilled Warrior,, they get the beat down, and complain for Warrior nerfs.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    there are a range of different varables that effect the outcome of your DPS on the charts... this game uses RNG

so this means that you could outgear these other mages, or outskill them. should the Warrior class be balanced around other player classes being played by the unskilled, or should it be balanced around the skilled?

I remember this same argument in TBC World of Warcraft when it came to Paladins.

You had people that would call rets as LOLRET, while at the same time you had people that would QQ about Paladins being OP... so Blizzard would nerf Paladins more and more, even tho they were already a joke (LOLRET).

Blizzard didnt want to buff Protection to be equal or close to equal to Druids and Warriors. Because they cired that Paladins could AoE tank (AoE tanking is a gimmick back then that had no effect on Endgame tanking other than Trash mobs.)

And Holy Paladins were made to be the worst Healers.. Blizzard even mentioned this in the WoTLK Alpha forum,,, yet people still QQed...

so that means they would get nerfed..

same thing seems to be going on here. The Skilled players of other classes can take on a Warrior, but the unskilled other classes, vs a Skilled Warrior,, they get the beat down, and complain for Warrior nerfs.
    Cool, I actually meant this for a joke. I did a good one with math. But I guess I failed this one. Otherwise it is a good argument that could be applied to all other classes.

I have to go back to drawing board and see if I can get a better one and relive some of these negativity articles in forums. I sometimes just like joking and making off comment post. To make the forums more interesting and fun again when people were actually posting on what need fixed in the game.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    Cool, I actually meant this for a joke. I did a good one with math. But I guess I failed this one. Otherwise it is a good argument that could be applied to all other classes.

I have to go back to drawing board and see if I can get a better one and relive some of these negativity articles in forums. I sometimes just like joking and making off comment post. To make the forums more interesting and fun again when people were actually posting on what need fixed in the game.
    Oh please do a joke thread for Druids and Shamans next please... I so enjoy a LOLRET,, oops I mean, LOLMELEECLERIC

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

+ Reply to Thread