+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gold Farmers And MMORPGS??

Soulwalker

Default Gold Farmers And MMORPGS??

Ok i offten have to ask this to the people who makes these games.And that is why dont you the product/game rpg sell money to the people who play that game?.I know maney people will say thats like handing them money and is unfair to people that cant aford it.And im sure maney other reasons why not to.But on the plus side the makers would make a TON of money off it and another reson would be it prob would take farmers money go down the drain witch would mean less hacking accounts and in my eyes thats a great thing.So i just dont know that is just my input and im SURE ill get others peoples pros and cons but just think of it

So I put your post through my translator and got: Rift should sell their own currency.

And all I can say to that is cool story bro.
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

Quote Originally Posted by tempy View Post
    why dont you the product/game rpg sell money to the people who play that game?
    because then the game is pay to win, currency becomes useless, people quit the game because it sucks, etc. if you need more reasons, i have them.

Ascendant

There are no pros in selling in game stuff that actually matters. Fluff items sure, I don't mind. Outright money? No! I would cancel as soon as something like that was uttered by Trion.

The best way of getting rid of plat farmers is to have Trion buy plat from them. Seriously, they buy the plat, look up account, and ban all other accounts that have anything related to that account; address, CC#, etc..regardless of the other accounts standing. When/if they come back do it again.

I prefer the GTC concept myself. Player A buys timecard, sells it to player B for plat. This allows player B to play the game through a ingame currency as he may not be able to pay otherwise and Player A who can afford multiple accounts gets his plat.

Shadowlander

Any other game forums you copy and pasted this on?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424689324

You've got too much time on your hands, friend.

Rift Master

I always wondered if there was any collusion between the farmers and game company. I wont ban your account for 30%. Although if it ever went public the would be crucified.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Heckubuss View Post
    Any other game forums you copy and pasted this on?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424689324

You've got too much time on your hands, friend.
    Well yes i do and mabe to much time but games are what i do to getaway from some stuff.So yup your right like i said but its a topic i always thought about and thought i would ask so am i bad for this?

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    because then the game is pay to win, currency becomes useless, people quit the game because it sucks, etc. if you need more reasons, i have them.
    currently the game is raid/pvp to win, can't win with gold
    currency is already useless see the above.
    yes when games suck people quit, but I don't see how that applies to the above.

I'd love to see your more reasons.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post

BLAAAAA i mean **** look at the world around you ok?.People set prices on thing for you to buy right?.Ok now its upto the people who sell them to set a price lower or higher to sell the producte.Now if you implyed the same consept in a game wouldnt you think it would affect things?im hering lots of yes's and not alot of no's witch is what i wanted to here so thank you.Ive been playeing games sence um Pong so ive been there done that and was on my mind so i thought i would ask thats all

I'm on a low pop server, so maybe it's different on a hi-pop.

I have not seen a plat seller ad in forever, literally months.

No one sells plat because no one buys plat because there's nothing to spend your plat on.

I have way too much plat, honestly. Enough for 5 souls and an epic mount for the next several alts I might make, but who needs more than 1 of each?

So I went to site that perhaps I've used to sell stuff in other games, except that might be a ToS infringement, so maybe I didn't. It's a "players auction" site where we used to sell EQ items and plat back in the day.

They have just about every mmo ever, but NOT Rift. Why? Cuz there's nothing in Rift worth buying -- sourcestones, Marks, and favor aren't tradable, and plat is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    They have just about every mmo ever, but NOT Rift. Why? Cuz there's nothing in Rift worth buying -- sourcestones, Marks, and favor aren't tradable, and plat is worthless.
    Plat is pretty worthless. Time invested is where it's at, and it's so easy to get things, it turns out people actually like to play through the grind.

The one game that the gold farmers hate I bet.

And please bastardize the language a tad less OP, it's like you're a ******ed E.E. Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by tempy View Post
    blaaaaa i mean **** look at the world around you ok?.people set prices on thing for you to buy right?.ok now its upto the people who sell them to set a price lower or higher to sell the producte.now if you implyed the same consept in a game wouldnt you think it would affect things?im hering lots of yes's and not alot of no's witch is what i wanted to here so thank you.ive been playeing games sence um pong so ive been there done that and was on my mind so i thought i would ask thats all
    lolwhat???
    Quote Originally Posted by Englshredwolf View Post
    thanks point dexter, ill wait for some more comments from other, less rude people.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post

you can buy supplies to give you an edge over other people, whether it be for crafted armor or pots.
    if its useless send me your plat, you dont need it.
    the game would suck if you could pay to win.

most games where you can pay for in game currency are unpopular and therefore dont last long.
    you already pay for a subscription.
    it completely destroys any in game economy.
    it doesnt stop gold farmers, they can still compete since their plat comes from hacked accounts/bots.

its pretty much a great way to kill a game. if you cant see that i dont need to bother replying.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I'm on a low pop server, so maybe it's different on a hi-pop.

I have not seen a plat seller ad in forever, literally months.

No one sells plat because no one buys plat because there's nothing to spend your plat on.

I have way too much plat, honestly. Enough for 5 souls and an epic mount for the next several alts I might make, but who needs more than 1 of each?

So I went to site that perhaps I've used to sell stuff in other games, except that might be a ToS infringement, so maybe I didn't. It's a "players auction" site where we used to sell EQ items and plat back in the day.

Ive ben there and bought some accounts of it its a good sight but once again its agenst the rules lol but ya

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast