+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USB Headphones I Like

Default USB Headphones I Like

As a heads up to anyone looking for headphones that do well for Rift; I recently bought a pair of Corsair HS1 Headphones and they work perfectly for Rift. I have them set up in 7.1 mode with the EQ adjusted to my liking.

The sounds in Rift come through very clear. You can shut your eyes and walk towards anything that is moving or making other sounds. The combat punches well and has distinct sounds. I will note that if you do have surround sound and are trying to figure out if it works well for you, put your pet away.... I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out where that mob was thinking it was my sound when it was the Druid Fairy flapping its wings following me...

I had the G35, cat ate the wire.... I like the HS1 more than the G35 because the sound and DSP in the driver has a lot more customization options. I do miss the G35 with the volume controls on the headset (HS1 is on the wire).

~ Madd

I am using Plantronics Gamecom 7.1 and they works perfectly too!

I am using Logitech G930 Wireless gaming headset. I haven't gotten the 7.1 to sound properly yet. but I'll get off my fat *** and sit down again at the computer and fix it
    Last edited by Slurpeedelic; 01-15-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Rift Disciple

I have the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Arena.

I for one, don't like to have headphones because it tends to block out EVERY single sound while I'm listening to the music/combat sounds.

I understand that's basically the point, but I would like to be aware of what is around me in real life so...

I prefer surround sound on a normal tone.

Thanks for the information though!

I haven't found any USB headphone that I like. I currently use a pair of Sennheiser HD595's with a ASUS Xonar D2X. I still need to get myself a good headphone AMP though.

Thanks that's good info. I need headphones to play at night to keep things happy at home, and my current pair are dying a slow static filled death.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
    I haven't found any USB headphone that I like. I currently use a pair of Sennheiser HD595's with a ASUS Xonar D2X. I still need to get myself a good headphone AMP though.
    Spoken like a true audiophile.. im looking for a headphone amp myself.. I am using some AKG K99's, semi-open, nice sound smooth bass response and reasonable price.. (BOSE or those BEATS costs a little too much for me atm)

Rift Disciple

I like these Astro A40 or the Wireless
    Last edited by Volion; 01-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    holdtheline.com - gaming advocacy network

I've got a Logitech G35 but I've heard good things about the Corsair HS1 and its had great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by JaCkAr0o View Post
    I for one, don't like to have headphones because it tends to block out EVERY single sound while I'm listening to the music/combat sounds.

I understand that's basically the point, but I would like to be aware of what is around me in real life so...

I prefer surround sound on a normal tone.

Thanks for the information though!
    The wife is the same way. It works well having her game with a 2.1 desktop set while I use the headphones (as they do block out her game sounds for me).

Eventually I plan on getting some open back headphones for her to try. They are supposed to have less bass but don't use sound isolation so you can still hear everything around you.

I use the Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headet. Pretty basic but it does the job

Tritton AX Pro user. Playing Left 4 Dead 2 or Bad Company 2 there's a difference between my Senheisser HD 555 and these (still, not going to buy 5.1 or 7.1 headphones anymore, just a marketing hype, you can make sound any stereo headset same with free software.. bought Trittons because I was drunk and "ooooh it has 4 speakers in each cup", also my Senheissers didn't had a mic). Playing Rift ― not so much.

What I like is the awesomesauce bass. :-)

edit: oh, not really an USB headphone, mine's connected via S/PDIF, but you there's an option to connect to analog (4 cables (3 for 5.1 and 1 for mic) or USB. Altho connecting to USB or analog makes them sound crap.
    Last edited by Deviltry; 01-30-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Arrow

i got thirteen dollar head sets that block out sound and there comfier than my 140 dollar ones
    nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by C00lit View Post
    I've got a Logitech G35 but I've heard good things about the Corsair HS1 and its had great reviews.
    I use the G 35's. I originally bought them for work at home, use with my soft phone. They are very nice 7.1 and comfortable.

I still am NOT a big USB fan (especially with windows Vista, might have to go to 7 just for this reason alone) because I can't switch on the fly when something is open.
    Author of The Storm Series
    Little Blue Ball of Hate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast