+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trion, please rise to the challenge! Give us a whole PANDA plane! (LOL)

Default Trion, please rise to the challenge! Give us a whole PANDA plane! (LOL)

Just read the preview of the next "Pandaria" expansion for WoW and posting this after:

1) Recovering my dropped jaw.
    2) Looking to the calendar to see if it was April's Fools instead of Halloween.
    3) Congratulating myself for leaving that ship at the right moment.

Now, I'm all for cuteness and love classic Disney movies. Heck, just look at the Captain below! But a whole expansion based on Pandas in a heroic fantasy MMO... yeuch.

That goes to confirm my idea that Blizz is doing its best to alienate players from WoW to make space for Titan. The amazing BlizzCon fiasco, where it seems Blizz projected a video insulting Alliance players, even with sexual-orientations slurs, would be another "hint".

Things such as these make some of my past criticism against RIFT sound really petty...
    Last edited by Goodberry; 10-30-2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    Just read the preview of the next "Pandaria" expansion for WoW and posting this after:

2) Looking to the calendar to see if it was April the First instead of Halloween.

Now, I'm all for cuteness and love classic Disney movies. Heck, just look at the Captain below! But a whole expansion based on Pandas in a heroic fantasy MMO... yeuch.

That goes to confirm my idea that Blizz is doing its best to alienate players from WoW to make space for Titan. The amazing BlizzCon fiasco, where it seems Blizz projected a video insulting Alliance players, even with sexual-orientations slurs, would be another "hint".

Things such as these make some of my past criticism against RIFT sound really petty...
    How Old Are You?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Don't get the relevance of your question. In any case I never answer personal questions on the Interwebs.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

Or the poke... uhm companions combat system. I think there are some nice features announced for the expansion, but it is not the world of warcraft I used to know.

Hehe when the news came out I was laughing talking to my kid about the incoming Pandas in WoW. He had heard some rumors about this already and was just staring at me with a bit of shock in his eyes, asking me if it was really true... Think even he found it a bit weird

Ascendant

2) Looking to the calendar to see if it was April's Fools instead of Halloween.

They have really lost the plot, and I actually don't think they can see it. Never mind. Lost interest with Cata anyway and haven't played since they lauched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    They have really lost the plot, and I actually don't think they can see it. Never mind. Lost interest with Cata anyway and haven't played since they lauched it.
    Yeah. I cant wait to the point when Blizzard add Ogre race. Clearly that will be a Shrek Clone!!

/endsarcasm

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Sad to see the blizzard that used to be has ended up here. Oh well I guess nothing can live forever.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Telaran

1st comes dragons, second comes pandas, third comes ...Death?

Wow and its got its own monk class for each race, this ganes jus going to be animals, Worgen = wolves,

i want a pidgeon race

Rift Chaser

The wacked thing is, someone mentioned Pandaria is actually in historical WoW Lore? As in Warcraft III?

Regardless, I agree: Awful continuance of kiddification of the game leveraging Kung Fu Panda, no matter what anyone says.

Dunno, it's a free country. If it's for kids, fine.

I'm sailing the seas like you looking for a new long-term landfall that isn't . . . whatever it is I don't like, . . . and whatever it is I wouild like more . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Weathersky View Post
    The wacked thing is, someone mentioned Pandaria is actually in historical WoW Lore? As in Warcraft III?

Regardless, I agree: Awful continuance of kiddification of the game leveraging Kung Fu Panda, no matter what anyone says.

Dunno, it's a free country. If it's for kids, fine.

I'm sailing the seas like you looking for a new long-term landfall that isn't . . . whatever it is I don't like, . . . and whatever it is I wouild like more . . .
    Yeah it's a long time part of the lore, but it still feels like the wrong time to bring the race into the game.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Quote Originally Posted by Verja View Post
    Sad to see the blizzard that used to be has ended up here. Oh well I guess nothing can live forever.
    the game itself changed dramatically from what it used to be... which has cost it subs...

however one thing i'd like to point out.... panderans are actually cannon and were known to be being added since the launch of BC........
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Prophet of Telara

Don't get the relevance of your question. In any case I never answer personal questions on the Interwebs.
    Well, an adult would probably do a bit of research and see that Pandaria existed way back in Warcraft 'lore', long before WOW existed, so its appearance in WOW is actually more lore-based than, say, the Drenai.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 10-31-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Well, an adult would probably do a bit of research and see that Pandaria existed way back in Warcraft 'lore', long before WOW existed, so its appearance in WOW is actually more lore-based than, say, the Drenai.
    We're not arguing that fact. Releasing an entire expansion around the pandas is what's idiotic. I've noticed something strange on the web. When someone attacks someone else's age etc, it usually reflects more on the person doing the attacking than who they're replying to.
    Pentium 233 (MMX!)
    128k 32 pin simm
    80 mb seagate hd
    external Iomega zip drive
    Intel onboard video (3DFX Voodoo2 Acceleration)
    creative sound blaster 8 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Read that sentence out loud to yourself and ask if it sounds right
    Last edited by Cassiel of harrow; 10-31-2011 at 08:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast