+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wife Aggro, how do you beat it?

Default Wife Aggro, how do you beat it?

Ok men, we have all been there, just having a good time and BAM your getting ripped a new one by your wife/girlfriend. I am creating this thread for one reason, to have the community share tips, advice, and experiences dealing with this problem. How do you handle wife aggro? Any funny wife aggro stories? Any advice for the rest of us out here? Come one, come call share your knowledge on this fiery topic and help married gamers everywhere!
    All your whining and elitism makes me laugh

Rift Chaser

Find a wife who enjoys gaming, or supports and endorses your choice in hobbies.

That's what I did.

imho, "Girlfriend/Wife aggro" is just a sign of deeper issues in the relationship.
    Asono, Guild Leader / Main Tank of <Chaos Legion>
    4/4 River of Souls / 5/5 Greenscale's Blight / 10/11 Hammerknell

Quote Originally Posted by Asono View Post

That's what I did.

imho, "Girlfriend/Wife aggro" is just a sign of deeper issues in the relationship.
    lol good point of view
    All your whining and elitism makes me laugh

Buy her a new toy.
    Hoss

My wife got me to play mmo's (yes its true) so um yeah guess it was her way to reduce hubby aggro? lol and no its not a sign of relationship issues, not if the person is glued to their game 24/7 and neglects said wife/girlfriend in which case they will likely be a Bachelor/single again soon.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

That's what I did.

Balance is good, people who game together get fat together. My wife has never played a computer game and I like it that way.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 10-27-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakinor View Post
    Ok men, we have all been there, just having a good time and BAM your getting ripped a new one by your wife/girlfriend. I am creating this thread for one reason, to have the community share tips, advice, and experiences dealing with this problem. How do you handle wife aggro? Any funny wife aggro stories? Any advice for the rest of us out here? Come one, come call share your knowledge on this fiery topic and help married gamers everywhere!
    Taking time to pay attention to her.

Jewelry.

Making sure your wife has her own hobbies (mine sews and illuminates manuscripts).

Establishing from the beginning of the relationship that you WILL have your own hobbies/games and that harassment on the topic is unacceptable.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Plane Walker

I threaten to start playing paintball again every weekend, a quick $100 bucks. Then I talk about going out to the bar with my RL friends a couple nights a week. That usually reminds her that the measly $15 I spend for my entertainment is well worth it.

Of course there are many types of wife aggro. Just opened up on a cleric, she busted the door down wanting you to take out the trash or mow the yard!!! AARGH I say. Or she responds to you speaking to people on vent like you are talking to her, and will be on the other side of the house carrying on a conversation with you that you don't even know is happening. Next thing you know she is breathing down your neck about some weird comment you just made about sitting on that mage's face.

In situations like the above, I like to keep a small airsoft gun next to my mouse. Only takes a few shots and it seems to calm her down for a day or two.

I have the luxury of a gf that enjoys the same hobby and thus we game together.
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

www.imperium.co

a community-oriented site for all things Rift

Ok, well the three core things women like is attention, complements and feeling wanted. The tricks are to balance this with gaming needs. That can be hard for some guys. Most guys feel that they need the game time and alone time for their needs. Yet you are in her relationship and she sees you part of her world.That is a classic mistake and will end up in a very bad way with the wife/girlfriend. Yes, we do need it, but no way should be feeling entitled because it leads down a very dark road that ends up in momís basement. Itís better to keep this to your self and try to make it round her needs or else, its going to be a very lonely on the couch. Trust me, I made the mistake of saying I need guy time and spent a year in the guess room.

Now what I do is randomly every few months bring home flowers, tickets to her favorite thing and other gifts. I usually plan that with a special night out. Then proceed to tell her how much she is needed and appreciate her. Just donít do it to often, as it gets stale. It is just enough to keep the romance going for her and make her feel the spark still there in the relationship. Key word her guys, romance. Women love it and crave it no matter what she says or how long you been together.

The other thing I do is throw in the laundry, cook for her and make the house work more enjoyable. The reason why is it makes her feel that she not alone. It help me, as when I am playing I donít get the trash now demand.

The last thing is set up the computer in a place that hard to get to or hidden from view. If she hears you or see you it might start the agro issue. The best thing to do is say, honey I need just an hour and then we will talk. There a reason the three wise monkeys have that saying. See no evil; speak no evil and hear no evil applies big time to men. Hiding is always best option for some personal time.

If that fails then you are in deep trouble. Then there no hope for you my friend. You are probably ignoring her or not doing something she thinks she needs. That is why it always wise to talk and ask her question right before sleep. That way you get the information you need for that personal time.

My gramps told me a wise saying. Never argue, its only words and words only get you a cold, cold shoulder and very long nights. Let the other person win. Yes, itís a loss. But taking one for the team is always better than a life time, otherwise she going to say to you what you said back in 1954 arguments.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

General of Telara

That's what I did.

Not always the best way, a mate of mine did that.

She ran off with someone she met online in the game they played.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    Not always the best way, a mate of mine did that.

She ran off with someone she met online in the game they played.
    OK, wow that would suck. How does something like that happen?
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Well in my opinion if your wife don't agree with what you love as a hobby then she obvious doesn't love anything about what you think. So find a wife/girlfriend that loves you for what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boromir View Post
    Well in my opinion if your wife don't agree with what you love as a hobby then she obvious doesn't love anything about what you think. So find a wife/girlfriend that loves you for what you do.
    I wish I could meet one of these magical women.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast