+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree112Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wife Aggro, how do you beat it?

I stopped the relationship.

I just see no point in spending the rest of my life with someone who doesnt like\do the things I like. Now I can draw, game and ride my motor bike all I want. Selfish? Well go find me someone with a similar personality (without the selfish bit).

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    I'm a bad man.....
    i lol'd .

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

I beat it by not having a way for it to happen in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

I'm 17, my Gf lives in NY and we chat by AIM... Tab out when I hear the ding of a new message... I CAN'T LOSE muahaha >
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    I'm 17, my Gf lives in NY and we chat by AIM... Tab out when I hear the ding of a new message... I CAN'T LOSE muahaha >
    Untill you actually meet up with her, then your

Diamonds... that'll shut her up.

Ok, serious though:
    It really depends on the circumstances. If you have wife agro for playing a video game, there are two forces working against each other. 1- you are playing more than she wants you to play, and 2- she is over-reacting to how much you play. There can be situations all the way either extreme (she gets ****ed every time you log on, even for 5 minutes to you spend every waking moment in the game), but the vast majority of situations fall somewhere in between those two extremes.

More than likely, it is a bit of both. You are probably playing more and/or at the wrong times than you should, but she is being unrealistic in her expectations of your time. If it is to either extreme, then your relationship is doomed, and there is no way to solve it. Might as well leave now.

The ONLY way you will be able to solve this (other than ending the relationship altogether) is to work out some rules and schedules that you are both happy with. The key is that you both will probably have to make some concessions, because you BOTH will have to be on board with the solution for it to work. By the way, this applies to ANY activity that either of you do, which the other is not interested in.

Note that while it can sometimes work out for some couples, getting the SO to play with you is often not the panacea that most people seem to think it is. For example, I eventually got my wife to start playing both EQ and later WoW, but it didn't really do anything to solve our disagreements over gaming. While she enjoyed playing both of those games, there was no way she was going to become as interested in them as I was. In the end, all that happened was I ended up sacrificing some of the time I would have gotten to play my main character playing with her, and while it was fun, I probably would have had just as much fun playing on my own. Eventually, we learned to make compromises, and now I play less than I used to, and she is less nagging about my playing. Neither of us got exactly what they wanted, but then again, neither of us got nothing, either. I play less than I want to, but more than she wants me to. Compromise.

By the way, I bought us a cruise to Cozumel over xmas weekend. That was a HUGE agro-reducer.

One last point about the de-rail discussion (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about): don't you guys think that by continually arguing with him, you're just "feeding the troll"? If you just ignore him, he'll go away.
    Last edited by Tallenn; 11-15-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    >_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallenn View Post

Ok, serious though:
    It really depends on the circumstances. If you have wife agro for playing a video game, there are two forces working against each other. 1- you are playing more than she wants you to play, and 2- she is over-reacting to how much you play. There can be situations all the way either extreme (she gets ****ed every time you log on, even for 5 minutes to you spend every waking moment in the game), but the vast majority of situations fall somewhere in between those two extremes.

More than likely, it is a bit of both. You are probably playing more and/or at the wrong times than you should, but she is being unrealistic in her expectations of your time. If it is to either extreme, then your relationship is doomed, and there is no way to solve it. Might as well leave now.

The ONLY way you will be able to solve this (other than ending the relationship altogether) is to work out some rules and schedules that you are both happy with. The key is that you both will probably have to make some concessions, because you BOTH will have to be on board with the solution for it to work. By the way, this applies to ANY activity that either of you do, which the other is not interested in.

Note that while it can sometimes work out for some couples, getting the SO to play with you is often not the panacea that most people seem to think it is. For example, I eventually got my wife to start playing both EQ and later WoW, but it didn't really do anything to solve our disagreements over gaming. While she enjoyed playing both of those games, there was no way she was going to become as interested in them as I was. In the end, all that happened was I ended up sacrificing some of the time I would have gotten to play my main character playing with her, and while it was fun, I probably would have had just as much fun playing on my own. Eventually, we learned to make compromises, and now I play less than I used to, and she is less nagging about my playing. Neither of us got exactly what they wanted, but then again, neither of us got nothing, either. I play less than I want to, but more than she wants me to. Compromise.

By the way, I bought us a cruise to Cozumel over xmas weekend. That was a HUGE agro-reducer.

One last point about the de-rail discussion (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about): don't you guys think that by continually arguing with him, you're just "feeding the troll"? If you just ignore him, he'll go away.
    This is exactly why I avoid relationships. My free time is mine and mine alone and I will be damned if someone tells me how to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Last edited by Boromir; 11-15-2011 at 05:27 PM.

non raid nights when she wants i do the following (not on the same occasion)

1 Cook dinner
    2 Watch a chick flick
    3 Play games on the Wii
    4 Cuddle
    5 Do dishes

On Raid nights she does the following
    1 leaves me alone
    2 Makes me a sandwhich and drinks while i raid
    3 LEAVES ME ALONE

Its worked for us for the past 6years

Plane Touched

The best 2 ways to offset wife/gf/so aggro is chick flicks & foot rubs.
    You give a woman a proper foot rub & she will reciprocate nicely.

Plane Touched

Right-click > Abandon

Default Husband Aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Tallenn View Post
    Ok, serious though:
    Ok, so since I am the chick, what do I do to stop husband aggro? Diamonds won't work, but he could probably bribe me with them so I play less! I guess other things work as well for me, but since this is a PG forum, I will not elaborate!
    (Like cook his favorite dinner before I play, do yard work; oh wait, I do all that already).

Screwed if I do, screwed if I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurii View Post
    Ok, so since I am the chick, what do I do to stop husband aggro? Diamonds won't work, but he could probably bribe me with them so I play less! I guess other things work as well for me, but since this is a PG forum, I will not elaborate!
    (Like cook his favorite dinner before I play, do yard work; oh wait, I do all that already).

Screwed if I do, screwed if I don't.
    It rhymes with Glow Bob.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8