+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Earthrise - New beta video

Default Earthrise - New beta video

Not quite sure how many of you are following the progress of Earthrise (if any), but Masthead Studios has just released a new beta video, showcasing what only can be described as absolute tosh, for a game "coming in February 2011" that is.

http://www.play-earthrise.com/media/
    "If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight"

It's a nice game. I've been following it for a while. My intention was to play EarthRise, but then I found RIFT and I can't imagine playing anything else now.
    PvP in that game is going to be like EVE/Darkfall, you can lose the stuff you have, but you can always get "insurance" like in EVE. Graphics are good and everything.
    It's just got 1 problem, it's not RIFT! Can't stand playing anything else after having played 4 betas here in RIFT :/

Quote Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
    It's a nice game. I've been following it for a while. My intention was to play EarthRise, but then I found RIFT and I can't imagine playing anything else now.
    PvP in that game is going to be like EVE/Darkfall, you can lose the stuff you have, but you can always get "insurance" like in EVE. Graphics are good and everything.
    It's just got 1 problem, it's not RIFT! Can't stand playing anything else after having played 4 betas here in RIFT :/
    Can't reveal much due to NDA but don't get excited for this game. It needs atleast a years worth of work before it's even ready for release. I was in your position, and like you, I stumbled upon Rift.
    "If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight"

Telaran

To me that video looks choppy at best and the actions don't seem fluid movements they seem more flashy and crazy and weird. Personally those are MAJOR turnoffs for me. I find this game to look much to similar to Phantasy Star Online. Which while it was fun, got old fast....

The video to me; makes me think the UI is going to be pretty crappy.
    "Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile"
    Looking for a tight knit guild to play and learn more about the game with? www.DarkOrderOfCaine.com
    Salzus In-Game

+ Reply to Thread