+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just cancelled WoW for being....a WoW clone

Shield of Telara

Default Just cancelled WoW for being....a WoW clone

Blizzard its been 6 years, and all you could do was add more static quests and more 5 mans and nothing new, anyone else get this feeling? Im tired of playing the same WoW from 6 years ago blizzard has all that money and all they could do is make more treadmill with the Cataclysm pack

Sure Rift has quests, but thats just a part of MMO's, and the soul system and invasions are just enough to make me want to quit WoW and play Rift, WoW is the ultimate WoW clone and im just done with that type of static game

WoW account officially cancelled

Banned

They called it WoW:Recyclism for a reason when it came out.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Blizzard its been 6 years, and all you could do was add more static quests and more 5 mans and nothing new, anyone else get this feeling? Im tired of playing the same WoW from 6 years ago blizzard has all that money and all they could do is make more treadmill with the Cataclysm pack

Sure Rift has quests, but thats just a part of MMO's, and the soul system and invasions are just enough to make me want to quit WoW and play Rift, WoW is the ultimate WoW clone and im just done with that type of static game

I feel you, I closed my account a few weeks ago. Never have I become so bored so quickly with an expansion to any game as I have with Cataclysm. Thankfully I came across some Rift threads on the WoW forums, and I haven't looked back since.

Soulwalker

I completely agree. It is not that WoW is a bad game it is that anything loses it charm eventually. Cataclysm added changes, but most were to make the game easier for new players. The zones have changed, but not enough. There are lots of new quests, but I have found that many of those are old quests with new text. I have lost all desire to do anything except raid as it simply feels like I've already done it all.

Time for a new game. A new world. For me that is Rift.

Same i canceled my sub right after i played beta 4
    Last edited by Georgefrank; 01-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Quit mine about a month before Cataclysm hit. I'm glad I didn't stay any longer to get more disappointed.

And now I have Rift to look forward to; much more exciting waiting for a game. =]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

To be fair, Cataclysm was the best expansion of the three in my opinion. Prior to that, I quit WoW in 2007,and only played WotLK for a brief three week stint. It was fun going from 1-85 in Cataclysm, but as someone who focuses on world PvP, there wasn't much left after that. Needless to say my account is already inactive.

I only hope Rift makes it 6 years so we can have these discussion about it!

Hah, I left WoW before any expansions hit... Just couldn't do with the ridiculous population and purple/pink/cyan palette anymore
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

My guild was 8/12 3 weeks after Cata was released.... seriously ******ed to go through gearing & new content that fast.
    Lost my interest = lost my subscription & will be giving Rift a chance.

Rift Disciple

I stoped playing also. After WOLK I would play a couple of months and then stop. After the patch I couldnt stand the direction they were going with it.
    I am hoping this game does well.

Rift Disciple

Lately I'd rather read about classes and souls and make soul builds or look for any new tid bit of news, then play wow.

Rift feels like what cataclysm should have been like, with the elemental invasion theme. Only the interesting events lasted a week or two and then Azeroth went back to static and boring with mobs that just stand around in the same spot waiting to be killed.

The first time I saw an entire zone over run by emerging rifts with patrols of elites that would come out clear a road of all players then go set up a small base camp with an idol and then head to a nearby quest hub I knew the game had something new. All the players in the zone started grouping up in defense of the outposts and started clearing the smaller patrols and rifts one by one until a huge army of players was sprinting accross the land going after harder and harder rifts. Everyone who participated grouped or solo got nice xp and rewards for each kill and rift sealed. I was hooked.

WoW:Recyclism says it all. Different environment look, same everything else.

I cant remember that last time WoW did anything Fresh and new... Surprised it took this long for you to cancel.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

I agree, but I've bee canceled since before Cata released. I got into beta, saw they ruined my class (hunter), and I quit. I am back playing LOTRO for a bit, and was awaiting the release of SWTOR, but the game looks like rubbish. So glad I found this game in summer of last year. Can't wait

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiuss View Post
    I cant remember that last time WoW did anything Fresh and new... Surprised it took this long for you to cancel.....
    The last time i played WoW semi seriously was 4 years ago, hadent played it since, came back to a completely dead "world" of warcraft, everyone is siting in the major cities waiting on queues whill every other zone in the game rots and has no purpose

WoW mineaswell be a wait in line at the theme park simulator, and the ride is geting kicked in the as
    Last edited by Bejita; 01-16-2011 at 04:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast