+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Be careful if you buy the Annual Pass from Blizzard

Default Be careful if you buy the Annual Pass from Blizzard

I bought it for my daughter so she can check out the new expansion and I can get a copy of D3. :-)

Problem is, if you have more than one WoW sub account - which I do - their system randomly assigns the pass to an account, which may not be the one you want. Mine was assigned to an older defunct sub that had none of the expansions...or any characters. :-(

I called them and the support person said it was a known issue and not easily fixed, so you may want to hold off a few days until they get it sorted out.

I was told to wait 4 days and then call back. That's sounds scary.
    Last edited by Whytwulf; 10-23-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

Soulwalker

I was thinking the same thing about you buying the ... nevermind no troll at work here...

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothMage View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about you buying the ... nevermind no troll at work here...
    Too late...
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothMage View Post

/8 9 10
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Trion encourages people to buy an annual sub by offering them a cosmetic armor piece and a portable mailbox: RIFT IS DOOMED! They are desperate for subs and know people won't play their game otherwise!

Blizzard encourages people to buy an annual sub by offering them guaranteed pre-release access to one of the most popular games anticipated to come out: WoW isn't going anywhere, they're fine, it's just normal marketing practices.

Ayup.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Trion encourages people to buy an annual sub by offering them a cosmetic armor piece and a portable mailbox: RIFT IS DOOMED! They are desperate for subs and know people won't play their game otherwise!

Blizzard encourages people to buy an annual sub by offering them guaranteed pre-release access to one of the most popular games anticipated to come out: WoW isn't going anywhere, they're fine, it's just normal marketing practices.

Ayup.
    Every time I see you post, it's usually about WoW vs Rift, with you advocating how Rift is better.

I can see why Trion chose you as a Rift Ambassador. Do you need some toilet paper for that nose?

You can play two or more MMOs at once, there's no need to take sides.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathor View Post
    Every time I see you post, it's usually about WoW vs Rift, with you advocating how Rift is better.
    Well, since I post on a whole lot of topics, that suggests that maybe you're spending too much time in the WoW-v-Rift threads.

You can play two or more MMOs at once, there's no need to take sides.
    I am aware of this. I am a big fan of City of Heroes, for instance.

I just thought it was funny to see people gleefully embracing Blizzard's "please sub for a year" idea, while other people were insisting that it was a sign of "desperation" for Rift.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

You know what I think?...
    Blizzard is desperate.
    "Make them sub for a year, so if they quit, we dont lose any money..."

because having pandas as a playable race: is stupid.
    Steampike (EU) - [Defiant]Healyface <Armadillo> - Warden/Sentinel/Purifier - Cleric

Default How do I ask this nicely...

U mad, brah?

Yah, U mad.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzout View Post
    You know what I think?...
    Blizzard is desperate.
    "Make them sub for a year, so if they quit, we dont lose any money..."

because having pandas as a playable race: is stupid.

Really? It let me choose which account to put it on.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenevar View Post
    Really? It let me choose which account to put it on.
    That's how it should work, it doesn't allways though.

Shadowlander

I play many MMO's/Online games. I considered this annual pass because I absolutely want Diablo 3, but then I would prefer a hard copy. I like the mount but then it is just another "noob bought it with money" type mount and lastly I just don't know where I am going to find the justification of a years wow sub when i've barely signed into wow even when I am subbed and my friends are playing. It will have ran out by time Pandas come out, and that is all i'm really interested in playing.

For what its worth. I play and enjoy online and pay a sub for

Rift
    World of Warcraft
    iRacing (Hardcore competitive online racing simulation)

With that said, my Rift sub has run out, but I haven't been playing it much lately to justify. I will definitely be playing WoW when Pandaland comes out, I will definitely be trying out Star Wars: TOR, and I may give Guild Wars 2 a try.

There is plenty of room in the world for more than one game, even if its an MMO. If you're playing something hardcore and competitive then it is easy to see why you would stick to one, but if you're just enjoying casual play with your friends there is no reason why you cannot play a few. Hell if you time manage well enough you can still play more than one competitively.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 10-23-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There is plenty of room in the world for more than one game, even if its an MMO. If you're playing something hardcore and competitive then it is easy to see why you would stick to one, but if you're just enjoying casual play with your friends there is no reason why you cannot play a few. Hell if you time manage well enough you can still play more than one competitively.
    A man after my own heart.

I can't wait to dig into 1.6, SWToR, and see what 4.3's raid finder has to offer. This is going to be an excellent Winter... at least I hope so.

Now if my wallet is lucky.. I won't find a 4th MMO.

Can't wait to Play SWToR
    Can't wait to see what Rifts first Expansion will be.
    Can't wait to play My Pandaran Brewmaster!
    Last edited by orig; 10-23-2011 at 09:47 PM.

“Oh greatest of cats, I have need of you!”

I cant understand the annual subs for MMO's. I know MMO games will do something I dislike and I will leave. Also I have yet to return to a game I left regardless if it was on good or bad terms. MMO are like ex girlfriends I left for a reason and returning will only confirm the reason I left. I guess I'm a rare breed of gamer.
    Having more fun on the forums than i am in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopaman View Post
    I cant understand the annual subs for MMO's. I know MMO games will do something I dislike and I will leave. Also I have yet to return to a game I left regardless if it was on good or bad terms. MMO are like ex girlfriends I left for a reason and returning will only confirm the reason I left. I guess I'm a rare breed of gamer.
    Yeah, pretty much.

I know they'll do things I don't like, and other things I do like. I've been married 17 years. Sometimes my spouse does things I don't like. But you know what? I'm a lot happier than the people I know who are still dating trying to find someone who will never do anything they don't like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast