+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blown away

Shadowlander

Default Blown away

Hi all, time for my first post

I was only recently introduced to Rift when I came across some videos on another forum and I have to say I was totally blown away with how good it looked. I am always on the lookout for new MMOs and have played a few in the past. While I may come across one here and there which appears to have potential, in the end they havent really delivered.

I guess, like alot of people, my start in MMOs came with WoW back in 2005. I dont hate the game, I still quite enjoy playing, but mostly I play because of a special person I game with Over the years I have been casual, hardcore, raider, solo-player, guilded, unguilded and have taken many long breaks from the game only to get sucked back in again due to the lack of anything better lol

During my breaks I tried other games - LotRO, WAR, AoC, Fury, Eve - some were good, some not-so-good lol. None were able to keep my interest. Some just felt unfinished or broken in some way. I dont think any have had the smooth gameplay that came with WoW.

Watching Rift I got a feeling more like what I have been looking for. It looks incredibly smooth, and different enough to pique my interest. After a couple of days looking at videos and looking through everything on the website, I saw the option to pre-oder a digital copy. It didnt take me long to make up my mind, I purchased my collector's edition and am now happily waiting to give things a shot.

I really hope it lives up to expectations. I am looking forward to many evenings in a new world

-Taisa

Ascendant

We all love WoW. I played it myself 4 year and I had the time of my life. Welcome! Rift looks so promising. Beta feedback is simply positive.
    Last edited by June; 01-14-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Welcome to the club! Hope you will enjoy your time in Telara! I know I have loved every single hour I've been able to play in the closed betas so far. See you in game next beta event, I guess?
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

Nice post :-)

Welcome to the game and also, welcome to these forums. Really interesting, clever and fun ppl around these parts.

Rift Master

Welcome to the community!

Shadowlander

Thanks for the welcomes

I hope to be in the next beta event, comes with the pre-order I believe. So as long as nothing prevents me from downloading the client I'll be there! lol

-Taisa

Quote Originally Posted by Taisa View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes

I hope to be in the next beta event, comes with the pre-order I believe. So as long as nothing prevents me from downloading the client I'll be there! lol

-Taisa
    Any issues with downloading the support team here is amazing they are very active and few problems that arise are usually settled very fast ... it is a great community. Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Temptations View Post
    Any issues with downloading the support team here is amazing they are very active and few problems that arise are usually settled very fast ... it is a great community. Welcome
    This. Both customer support and the community are most of the time usually very helpful.
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sponx View Post
    This. Both customer support and the community are most of the time usually very helpful.
    Wow, good customer support and a friendly and helpful community.. the legends were true! lol
    I was starting to think they were just a myth

Welcome to the internet.

The downloading was buggy for the first two of Betas, but the patcher seems to be working well now. Just try and download it in one go, if you shut down your computer and they try to start again you could have issues. When they have patched the game it usually starts a new download folder. If you are on a slower connection, I would suggest backing up the whole RIFT folder once it installs; you can just copy it over and "recover" if you have any issues.

That said, the game has been incredibly stable more 99% of the people and each Beta is getting better with regard to graphics optimization.

Welcome!

+ Reply to Thread