+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aion players please read

Default Aion players please read

Hi all, I cant bring myself to play WoW, AoC, WAR or VG so I bought Aion and I have to say, even though im only lvl 7, im starting to enjoy it. I have a few questions since I cant post on the aion forums at the moment because the website hasnt detected my character.

1. How do I change the advanced graphics in the options? (i.e. AA and bloom) I log out and go to options but they are both greyed out and wont let me change them.

2. Is there an option for auto loot?

3. What level do I ascend? And whats better to go as a mage for higher DPS? I seem to be running low on mana after 2-3 mobs and have to rest.

Thanks in advance.

Here is an answer Just don't play Aion!
    Last edited by Edwin; 01-14-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    BJORN FOR THE WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Here is an answer Just don't play Aion!
    Only playing it because everything else is so boring and I just want rift

Quote Originally Posted by Zilo View Post

1. How do I change the advanced graphics in the options? (i.e. AA and bloom) I log out and go to options but they are both greyed out and wont let me change them.

2. Is there an option for auto loot?

3. What level do I ascend? And whats better to go as a mage for higher DPS? I seem to be running low on mana after 2-3 mobs and have to rest.

Thanks in advance.
    1. dunno, I could always change them

2. there is, but I never used it, think it's in the 'actions' menu (together with buttons like auto attack)

3. Aion requires A LOT of consumable usage, especially at higher level. Be prepared to use the best available mana potions on cooldown. The highest DPS is very skill and gear dependant, but as a mage sorcerer has more than spiritmaster. You get to choose this at level 10

edit: some people are claiming spiritmaster can out DPS sorc, but that is about skilled / geared lvl 55 spiritmasters, and open for discussion
    Last edited by Veldan; 01-14-2011 at 01:33 AM.

It's been almost a year since I played, so I can't help you with the graphics options, but ...

- You ascend at level 10.

- Unless a lot has changed since I played it last, Sorcerer has higher DPS than Spiritmaster.

- Running out of mana after 2 or 3 mobs is normal for the game and how it plays. That said, I only got 3 chars to level 30 and one to 17 before the grind got the better of me, so maybe it's better in higher levels, idk.

Hope that helps.

Kat

1. not sure about the graphics settings.

2. there is a sort of auto-loot... look in your uh... what's it called. if you look where your spells & such are, there's a tab over to the right with things like emotes. one of them is 'rest' and one of them is 'loot all' on your selected target corpse. I made a macro which does 'select nearest corpse' followed by the 'loot all' button'. it was very handy, don't use it when grouping, you mustn't autoloot BoP rare gear that isn't for your class.

3. You ascend at 10, it's a blast, welcome to immortality and wings sorcerer does more burst damage. spiritmaster might do more sustained damage over time though. The pet being the main factor in this, the SM's DoTs don't cost as much mana, and the pet does damage and soaks up some incoming hurt. With my SM i noticed i didn't kill mobs quite as fast as my sorc friend, but I could chain-kill mobs for about 3x as long before needing downtime to recuperate. both are good in pvp.

be sure to enjoy the excellently written quests, and the great pve play experience through your mid 20's. when you finally earn your commission in the abyss, you'll basically be gank-fodder. the open world pvp settup of aion is... a bit rough.

if you do go with a spiritmaster, you'll want to farm/buy a water elemental pet. they do ranged magic damage (ignores armor and snares) so they're your sugar daddy in pvp. While the free fire elemental is your pve BFF.

the 'grind' gets a lot slower at higher levels, but its not as bad as it used to be.

great game really, but desperately needs a huge pvp mechanics overhaul, and more pve endgame content.

You will come to curse enchantment stones, you will call them every imaginable insult when you try to slot a 5slot epic gear item, and the 5th one keeps failing... oy. I could do without that little lottery in the game.
    Last edited by Kat; 01-14-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    1. not sure about the graphics settings.

2. there is a sort of auto-loot... look in your uh... what's it called. if you look where your spells & such are, there's a tab over to the right with things like emotes. one of them is 'rest' and one of them is 'loot all' on your selected target corpse. I made a macro which does 'select nearest corpse' followed by the 'loot all' button'. it was very handy, don't use it when grouping, you mustn't autoloot BoP rare gear that isn't for your class.

3. You ascend at 10, it's a blast, welcome to immortality and wings sorcerer does more burst damage. spiritmaster might do more sustained damage over time though. The pet being the main factor in this, the SM's DoTs don't cost as much mana, and the pet does damage and soaks up some incoming hurt. With my SM i noticed i didn't kill mobs quite as fast as my sorc friend, but I could chain-kill mobs for about 3x as long before needing downtime to recuperate. both are good in pvp.

be sure to enjoy the excellently written quests, and the great pve play experience through your mid 20's. when you finally earn your commission in the abyss, you'll basically be gank-fodder. the open world pvp settup of aion is... a bit rough.

if you do go with a spiritmaster, you'll want to farm/buy a water elemental pet. they do ranged magic damage (ignores armor and snares) so they're your sugar daddy in pvp. While the free fire elemental is your pve BFF.

the 'grind' gets a lot slower at higher levels, but its not as bad as it used to be.

great game really, but desperately needs a huge pvp mechanics overhaul, and more pve endgame content.

You will come to curse enchantment stones, you will call them every imaginable insult when you try to slot a 5slot epic gear item, and the 5th one keeps failing... oy. I could do without that little lottery in the game.
    Thanks for all this info Kat, really helpful, I guess im the only person in Aion that has this graphics issue though :/

Ill probably roll an SM now if you can take multiple mobs with less downtime, kinda reminds me of a mage in WoW and I really enjoyed that class for the fact that you had an elemental pet ^^.

Kat

SM's are more like wow's warlocks. and it's still best for them if you pull 1 mob at a time, but you can pull a mob (with the pet), dot it up, hit it with a little direct damage, and then send the pet to the next mob while the first one peels off your pet and tries to get to you (but if done carefully, dies en route from your dots instead). and your pet is taunting the second mob while you dot it up, etc. rinse repeat. So you're in a perpetual state of fighting one nearly dead mob and one fresh mob at the same time. Ideally, you want to keep your pet at max range from yourself, so that you force the mobs into lengthy travel time when they change their mind about who's more interesting, and let the lingering dot's use that time to bring them down. it's exactly like warlock grinding with the voidwalker. In pvp, the water pet helps get the dps up closer to a sorc's but it's still not as much dps. But, you get a really nice fear attack, which you can lead off with if you see the enemy first, one of the more powerful single target cc's in the game. and you have a fair number of spells who's animations don't give away your position... so if you're overhead and behind a target, up pretty high, you may have them in a bad way before they figure out where it's coming from.

sorc's are more like wow's mages. they hit harder technically, but burn through mana a bit more, and don't get the luxury of confusing mobs into lengthy indecisive travel times. unlike wow though, they don't get much AoE until late in the game. they do get it, just not in time to use it to level up hehe. actually there is in general a lot less aoe offense in aion than most mmo's. sorc's do hit really hard though, and even have a hard hitting large aoe spell at endgame which is pretty effective in mass pvp.
    Last edited by Kat; 01-14-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Champion of Telara

Check your graphic card settings outside of the game. Probably have bloom and AA turned off there so it auto greys out in game. Tis my guess anyhow!

Telaran

my main character is a 55 glad. it's nice though i have no PvP gear and am a 5 star officer.
    i have a 27 sorc who's really fun for PvP.
    ASUS G73SW - OS: WIN7 64-BIT - RAM: 8.00GB - GFX: NVIDIA GTX 460M - CPU: INTEL I7-2630QM 2.00-3.50GHz
    Server: Faemist - Cleric: ZeitFist. Rogue: Zeitgeist. Mage: Ceadeus

+ Reply to Thread