+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MMOs in the meantime.

Lightbulb MMOs in the meantime.

I think I'm going to play Rift, beta or not, but I want an mmo to tide me over in the meantime.

I'd prefer free - but there are so many bad f2p mmos....

I do have WoW, and I will probably be playing that as well.

I downloaded D&D, but it hasn't sucked me in (yet).

Any suggestions? Thanks

I'll be playing Vindictus until Rift comes out... Check it out, interesting physics engine.

I'd also like to hear a suggestion or two... I'm pretty damn bored and not into re-grinding in EQ2 EX

Ugh... see my post above...Here, I'll provide you guys with a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKJpXZxmyU

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrakis View Post
    I'll be playing Vindictus until Rift comes out... Check it out, interesting physics engine.
    that game does indeed looks interesting, i ' ll check it out.

me and my boyfriend will be playing the new final fantasy one.

I went back to WoW after Aion's turned out to be too PVPish at higher lvls. Sometime I think that's how WoW manages to keep so many players , they have their spies push for lots of PVP focus in new games lol.

Anyway the new WoW expansion will be live soonish I think as its been in full beta for a bit so I will play that till something else is ready. Its my last time going back to WoW , though , its so automated that its barely even a social game anymore.

I really hope Rift turns out to be a full fledged progressive PVE focused game , I'm tired of shopping and want to settle down.

Thanks for the video of Vindictus but looks to much like a splatter game for me to try.

Still loosely watching SWTOR also but I'm really not happy with their graphics models.

Right now i'm giving ddo another try, one of my co workers son is playing, but gonna drop it like a hot rock when rift comes out (or i get beta access).

In the meanwhile turbines lotro is going free to play in september iirc, its a good game, esp for a f2p. I still have a couple level capped chars i might switch to it depending on what rifts plans are, again i'll drop when my time to play rift is here

There are really a whole lot of decent to great games out there already to pass time with:

-Vanguard (try out the legendary almost-game, it's alot of fun to level and has loads of classes)
    -Darkfall (cool if you want to try out sandbox)
    -Fallen Earth (original post-apoc setting)
    -AoC (now a very solid game)

In my opinon, "between" games is a perfect time to do trials and test out those game types that you normally won't look at. I'm doing VG and Darkfall atm, and DF is the second sandbox / first full-loot I've tried. I'm pleasently surprised about the fun combat system and mob ai for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by nefermore View Post
    I went back to WoW after Aion's turned out to be too PVPish at higher lvls. Sometime I think that's how WoW manages to keep so many players , they have their spies push for lots of PVP focus in new games lol.

Anyway the new WoW expansion will be live soonish I think as its been in full beta for a bit so I will play that till something else is ready. Its my last time going back to WoW , though , its so automated that its barely even a social game anymore.

I really hope Rift turns out to be a full fledged progressive PVE focused game , I'm tired of shopping and want to settle down.

Thanks for the video of Vindictus but looks to much like a splatter game for me to try.

Still loosely watching SWTOR also but I'm really not happy with their graphics models.
    you feel exactly the sameway i feel, i coulden't agree more with you. i keep my eyes for Tera online, they say the game will have pve servers too and so far i love the graphics so you may want to check that out out too. my boyfriend is more interested in the swtor one, i also think the character models are a bit too wowish got a deep cartoonish feel to them. final fantasy comes out next month so can be a good game to kill time while you wait for rift or something else.

http://www.pristontale2.com/splash_obt.aspx?fromads=

check link above. is from one of those free games, does not look too bad.

ff14 got kicked off my list
    But But it worked in Dev!

Eh.. that's the one with little customization isn't it? Also with a fee?

Ugh... see my post above...Here, I'll provide you guys with a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKJpXZxmyU
    Oh nevermind! Looks great!

..My internal graphics card prob can't handle it.

Ah screw it, I can even play current gen games with my Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD. Somehow. I think magic does it. (or just a significant jump in what Intel integrated low level cards now do in 2010 lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1p8YjAwVU

So it's basically Mabinogi, BUT IN A FORM I WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE. Good. Glad they renamed it too :P

Quote Originally Posted by nefermore View Post

Check out the video I posted.

This was supposed to be the next Mabinogi, and it still may be, just just renamed.
    Expect a lot of 'nicey nicey' stuff along with the newly hack and slash combat.

Quote Originally Posted by armengar View Post
    Right now i'm giving ddo another try, one of my co workers son is playing, but gonna drop it like a hot rock when rift comes out (or i get beta access).

In the meanwhile turbines lotro is going free to play in september iirc, its a good game, esp for a f2p. I still have a couple level capped chars i might switch to it depending on what rifts plans are, again i'll drop when my time to play rift is here
    We're on the same page.

My laptop can handle D&D Online's graphics at max, so I hope I can run Rifts at an acceptable setting..

but I'm not liking the game. Never liked D&D's world nor its rules. Don't really like this.

Might check out lotro, but while I like parts of it, it looks like it might have a lot of the same sort of feel what I *don't* like. Sigh...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast