+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm An Idiot

Plane Touched

Default I'm An Idiot

I missed getting into a potentially horrific accident today by about two feet. Slammed on the breaks, left some sexy tire marks on the pavement, and probably gave at least two people in front of me a heart attack.

I had this incredibly brilliant idea that I could turn my phone sideways and lean it against the plastic covering the gauges in my dashboard to make my brutal twelve minute commute to the office more bearable. You know, that way I don't have to take my eyes off of the road much and I can watch movies on Netflix. Which I'm sure is not only illegal, but dumb.

But that's not what almost got me killed today. The movie I chose was Little Big Soldier.

It's a Kung Fu action movie with subtitles.

I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 10-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    I missed getting into a potentially horrific accident today by about two feet. Slammed on the breaks, left some sexy tire marks on the pavement, and probably gave at least two people in front of me a heart attack.

I had this incredibly brilliant idea that I could turn my phone sideways and lean it against the plastic covering the gauges in my dashboard to make my brutal twelve minute commute to the office more bearable. You know, that way I don't have to take my eyes off of the road much and I can watch movies on Netflix. Which I'm sure is not only illegal, but dumb.

But that's not what almost got me killed today. The movie I chose was Little Big Soldier.

I'm an idiot.
    You may be an idiot, but that thread you made about Dark Souls was fantastic. I laughed non stop while reading your post then laughed even harder at the video the other guy posted. My abs still hurt today. Please do more game reviews!
    Baali - Guardian - Seastone - Marksblade
    Thelegendary - Guardian - Seaston - Inquisicar
    Mydingo - Guardian - Seaston - Champagon
    Iconic Fatality
    Thelegendary Baali - Order - Badlands - Ironbreaker

Currently 34 states have a TWD ban while driving. Only 9 states have a ban on handhelds in general which I'm thinking this would fall under. Even so if they could prove that you had your smartphone on the dash and that it distracted you from driving you would certainly get a reckless driving charge with a increased fine.

I've got all kinds of data on wrecks and fatalities, along with studies if you would like any reading material. We did a debate in Comp 2 last quarter and my pro group and the con group actually did a discussion on this subject.

But yes, you are an idiot. Many people on the road are already bad enough drivers, we really don't need to add to the challenge.

Well...at least you know you are an idiot :P

Ascendant

You're only an idiot if you do it again. We all do stuff that it takes a close call to realize it was a bad idea.

Soulwalker

I'm an idiot.

And knowing that you are an idiot is half the battle :P

I just read while sitting at red lights.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I just read while sitting at red lights.
    I just stare creepily at the driver next to me.

I'm an idiot.

I agree. you are a idiot. and the fact that you brought Dark Soul is the icing on the cake

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Confucius says: Self knowledge is the first step towards true wisdom.
    Ambonlos | Level 50 Kelari Rogue | Icewatch
    Asmodis | Level 50 Eth Mage | Icewatch
    Bahmi, Noodles and Rice

Plane Touched

Some people are forgetting that there is no way in hell I'd do this again and that was kind of the point. I did something dumb and instead of say, getting thrown through my windshield or hurting someone else I lived to learn from it. Don't watch subtitled action movies while driving. That's all I'm sayin'.

Some people are forgetting that there is no way in hell I'd do this again and that was kind of the point. I did something dumb and instead of say, getting thrown through my windshield or hurting someone else I lived to learn from it. Don't watch subtitled action movies while driving. That's all I'm sayin'.
    how is that all you are saying, when you just said you are dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    how is that all you are saying, when you just said you are dumb?
    This doesn't really make sense.
    Last edited by Cassiel of harrow; 10-20-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiel of harrow View Post
    This doesn't really make sense.
    change that. he said he/she was a Idiot. So that wasnt all that was said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast