+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: School sucks lol

Soulwalker

Default School sucks lol

who agrees?

Stay in school so you can afford to pay your sub when you no longer live with your parents

It does suck though ^^
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

uneducated people agree with you

Stay in school and learn the difference between there, their, and they're. Also to and too. And it's "should have" not "should of". Now get off my lawn!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Stay in school so you can afford to pay your sub when you no longer live with your parents

It does suck though ^^
    this.

10char
    FNDYEGASODFFGHUJKCKLKQWYERZOTYZUUIROPSZXECVLBNFMTR ION. Okay? Thanks. Find something better to police than someone's forum signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Krodd_Mandoon View Post
    this.

10char
    paying off a debt for a college loan, to get a degree, that everybody and their grandmother will soon own,,,, kinda pointless, when you can self teach yourself just about anything. I am self teaching myself Java programming and Android app development. college I went to only taught C++

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

No what sucks is not having access to an education.

Countries where only the richest get to go to school.

Countries where even if you go to school and get all the top degrees you compete against so many people for jobs your lucky to get a job cleaning toilets.

What sucks is being broke and having to depend on the government for diapers for your baby, or even worse standing in the soup line to get a hot meal only to be turned away cause they ran out.

Yeah it sucks so bad that you get to go to a school, learn, have meals available to you and books paid for by the taxpayers. Sucks that you have a system of private counselors and teachers that are maintained by standards to teach you life and career skills. It sucks that anyone of any religion, race, economic level get the same access to an education.

Horrible I know I am sure those in third world countries starving and huddling in a classroom 20 miles walk from where they live feel bad for you.

It is a rough life, right?
    Warhammer refugee, ASP, Psychobillee, Yoshimoto, Atromos, Mongolian
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfear View Post
    For too long now the foundation of class change has been to nerf... Warriors have been hit hard with the nerf bat in every single patch now, you want to talk about crutches, you should include them in the epic drop tables of raid dungeons, at this rate we'll need em.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vladnir View Post
    who agrees?
    That's ok, you only need to learn on phrase, and you can do that without school.

-"Would you like fries with that?"

And you're set for life!

It sucks when people use "lol" as punctuation.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

Plane Touched

More often than not staying in school is a good idea, so I'll agree with the responses.

But keep in mind there are plenty of exceptions to the rule and us six figure high school drop outs don't appreciate when everyone says no school means you're an idiot who ends up at McDonalds.

Be more a little more open-minded and I'll be a little less arrogant.

Also, school totally sucks.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 10-19-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    That's ok, you only need to learn on phrase, and you can do that without school.

-"Would you like fries with that?"

And you're set for life!
    Einstein droped out of high school. And said the a man's intelligence was inversely proportional to his level of education.

Still I recomend staying in school

School as an institution can suck, having an education on the other hand in my experience never does. I'm very happy to report i have never stopped learning, and am still enjoying it immensely. But that's something you'll only realise in hindsight.

Telaran

It's largely a necessary evil. It teaches you to endure things which cause displeasure for potential future gain. It's one of the best places to learn this skill outside of MMOs
    Faeblight Defiant Eth Mage Quay

Default Education is Good, the System is what is bad

Getting a good education is essential in life. One that allows you to be able to put together a good general discussion without resorting to swearing and violence. The type that allows critical thinking, teaches you to take responsibility for your actions, helps you find out what you are not good at, as well as what you are good at or even excel at. Then takes what youare good at...and makes you even better at it.

That is a good education system.

Now...what have we got. An inclusive education system, with one fit for all...except the rich. One that says you are entitled to everything in life. One that breeds a culture of self entitlement. It's not your fault that you're not good at sport, the others just aren't giving you a chance. You are entitled to everything others are. You can do anything. Yes, of course you can do anything...but only if you have an apptitude AND ABILITY FOR IT.

Todays modern education is designed to spew out massess of yes people, educated to the extent they need to be and thriving on mass media indoctrination.

Until it gets back to a critical thinking, exploring education, where merit is recognised and worked on, people told the truth about their academic abilities as well as physical abilities then we will continue to have a bad education system. I am all for everyone trying everything to see if they are good at it...but if they are not...they need to be told.

Obviously some people don't excel at things till they leave school..many business tycoons show us this....but their intelligence is of a differant kind to that taught in any school. They are born with it, it cannot be taught. But that is for a differant debate hehe.

Thats my 2p on edumacation as it stands in the world at the moment. It's always good to read and write, but don't trust to anything elkse they teach you on many things these days, always look outside the box, do your own research as well, though they try to put you off it. Rediscover the art of critical thinking and stop watching as much tv and playing the games...yes we all love Rift or (insert fave game) but do we really need to spend all the time we do on it. Wouldn't half the time finding out what's really going on in the world be more worthwhile and educating ourselves to it. Anyway...alternative news is a good place to go for that to. IT also has plenty of links to other sources to where you can find things out. IT was just picked at random form a few I looked at running down allergies I was looking into and it turned out to have loads of things on it about what was going on in lots of things. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel Yes some of it is conspiracy stuff, but some of it is alarming.

Anyway, up to you what you do with it.

Stay at school now, that way you won't end up going back to uni at 27 like i did. You can then start learning the real stuff when you leave.
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast