+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: So this is the game that people say is going to kill Rift?

Default So this is the game that people say is going to kill Rift?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3cL3J8-AdM

Yeah? Really?

Think I'll pass...

Because a game in beta can't have bugs?

Hell RIFT is 7 months old and still have bugs.

I see a hater hating.

I hope the new Star Wars is good. I'm not interested, but the more competition the better to keep Trion on their toes. Sadly I honestly just think the game is goofy and sad. YMMV.
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

SWTRO is riding on it's name, pure and simple. I've been saying it for months, ever since I've been in closed beta. There is nothing new there.

Bugs have little to do with why I am staying away from this title like the plague. The graphics are pathetic and the it offers NOTHING new. At least Rift looks good.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    it offers NOTHING new.
    Full voice over, player dialog, and companions aren't new?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by QelDroma View Post
    Because a game in beta can't have bugs?

Hell RIFT is 7 months old and still have bugs.

I see a hater hating.
    Rift, during its beta, was insanely polished and mostly bug-free. It's the entire reason the game didn't crash and burn like Conan or Warhammer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    Rift, during its beta, was insanely polished and mostly bug-free. It's the entire reason the game didn't crash and burn like Conan or Warhammer.
    Lols clueless. Did you play this game during beta?!?

Everyone Ive talked to that has been playing ToR has absolutely loved it so I have no idea why you guys hating so much. Rift fanbois.....
    Last edited by Baali; 10-18-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Baali - Guardian - Seastone - Marksblade
    Thelegendary - Guardian - Seaston - Inquisicar
    Mydingo - Guardian - Seaston - Champagon
    Iconic Fatality
    Thelegendary Baali - Order - Badlands - Ironbreaker

Plane Touched

The guy that made this video (see the title) is clearly making fun of it, which leads me to believe he put his quality settings on the lowest possible to make a point. A weak one.

Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to play this game, but if someone is going to make fun of it at least give it a better environment to defend itself.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 10-18-2011 at 06:25 AM.

I dont understand why people have unrealistic expectations about a game. Also people are judging a game based on someone's else opinion without having played the game from themselves. In my opinion Rift is a so so game not much to write home about. Even tho the game is not at the top of my mmo list. I have at least played the game to make that determination.

As always the blind are leading the blind and making decisions for them. Whether or not the game is good or bad. I will play the game for myself and make my own decision. Cant be worst than Rift in my Humble opinion or it just might be. I dont know.
    Having more fun on the forums than i am in game.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rayner View Post
    Full voice over, player dialog, and companions aren't new?
    I don't know what "player dialog" is but lots of games have had companion systems (e.g. Guild Wars, many Korean FTP games, even EQ has them now). And I remember when EQ2 came out, the voice over was a big deal. I really liked the voice over in EQ2, it enhanced immersion a lot, like another environment effect. Cut scenes on the other hand...I don't think I'm ready for.
    Faeblight Defiant Eth Mage Quay

Sword of Telara

ugg, again this crap about the graphics.

do you'r homework before bashing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OskRij8AYaU

it prove that SW-TOR, is atm graphics top notice.
    even it suppass Rift

Rift Chaser

I think these "WoW/Rift/whatever is going to die when (insert new game here)" arguments are pretty silly. People will come and go from every MMO. I would suspect that SWTOR will have quite a following for awhile--people are pretty excited. Over the six months or so after launch, I would suspect that things will even out again until the next big MMO hits. As others have said, competition is great for the market. I'm really looking forward to seeing what BioWare has to offer when I get to play it.

I also don't understand the mindless bashing of MMOs that go on. One can play multiple MMOs yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Quay View Post
    I don't know what "player dialog" is
    It's in games like NVN2, Baulders Gate, and the entire Fallout series. On the basic level an npc will ask you a question and you generally get 4 ways that you can respond to it with your response affecting the outcome of the rest of the situation.

I always liked the option in the Fallout series because what you do can really change the outcome of the world.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
    I think these "WoW/Rift/whatever is going to die when (insert new game here)" arguments are pretty silly. People will come and go from every MMO. I would suspect that SWTOR will have quite a following for awhile--people are pretty excited. Over the six months or so after launch, I would suspect that things will even out again until the next big MMO hits. As others have said, competition is great for the market. I'm really looking forward to seeing what BioWare has to offer when I get to play it.

I also don't understand the mindless bashing of MMOs that go on. One can play multiple MMOs yes?
    well, there is a logic, about MMO's dieing.
    simple, you have X gamers, games ageing/new join's so i keep it simple X amount.
    X will never become more or less, but the amount of MMO's grow, so player base get's smaller.
    as for you'r multiple MMO's, it's hard to play more then 1, let's say you have Rift + X MMO, you'r play time is only X time, so you have to split, limite's you'r progress.
    unless, you do not give a ****, about progress, then it do not matters at all

Rift Chaser

I posted a fairly comprehensive review of the swtor from my perspective (Fairly unbiased, old gamer played many things "Hardcore" and many MMO's); it's buried in the off-topic section. Link follows, has some interesting points/insights from those of us who have tried the game. (For those interested).

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...onos-boat.html
    Asono, Guild Leader / Main Tank of <Chaos Legion>
    4/4 River of Souls / 5/5 Greenscale's Blight / 10/11 Hammerknell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast