+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats your opinion of Warden Anti-Cheat scans from the MMORPG/CORPG?

Default Whats your opinion of Warden Anti-Cheat scans from the MMORPG/CORPG?

I read this thread on Anti-Cheating tactics.

what is your opinion of this. Do you support such a thing? Do you feel it could be used against you if NWO formed?

is it really such a bad thing? Tell me something, can a hacker change the little code so that it scans everybodies computers to send the data to them? (maybe that would be kinda pointless in the first place actually)

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

My opinion is that when botters and other cheaters try to make a big deal about how horrible it is that they got caught, I mostly laugh at them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Champion

Those programmes are used to poke around our computers to see what we're doing. Who checks on the programme controllers to see what they're looking at, or what information is being collected? As forcing people to use those makes it clear that players aren't trusted by the game company using it, why should the game company (and all its employees) be trusted by the players?

+ Reply to Thread