+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The beginning of the end for caps lock?

Default The beginning of the end for caps lock?

A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

Omg, That is crazy. perhaps that will keep less morons using capslock when they are complaining about nonsensical things, and actually put up a valid or intelligent point, even if its wrong. Because it makes them seem more stupid than they actually are when they say "ZOMG THIS NEEDS UBER NERF NAAAO KTHNXBAI!!!!!"
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

This was going to be a really witty reply, but the forum post editor wouldn't let my type with Capslock on...
    Last edited by Kaelani; 10-17-2011 at 11:54 AM.

This would suck for me. In drafting we are taught to capitalize everything so usually when I'm in AutoCAD my caps lock is left on. I don't want to have to do all this highlight shift F3 crap after essentially writing a small book that pertains all of the building codes.

Sword of Telara

this can't be serious

I always remove my capslock key. My wandering fingers often brushed it instead of A. In fact, whoever put it right next to A deserves a good slap imo.

(Before that, typewriters printed only in uppercase. Stop shouting at me, writers of the 19th century!)
    I find it funny how people get all mad at caps, and say its shouting... how is it shouting if its not making sound?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Ascendant

Caps Lock needs to stay for those specialized uses but at least move it. Those that need it seem to have it on for extended periods of time so it doesn't need to be where it is.
    For me it's just an annoyance as I hit it in error and reverse type or fail a login.
    Last edited by Nestran; 10-20-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I find it funny how people get all mad at caps, and say its shouting... how is it shouting if its not making sound?
    Most likely because we use capitals to EMPHASISE words and therefore it appears to be angry. Its an aesthetic thing more than anything, it looks awful even though early computers always used capitals as standard. Lower case is softer and more appealing to the eye generally and when someone uses capitals its seen as them trying to put across a point - this is likely why you see alot of ragequit posts in caps.

Have you never got mad and then proceeded to tell someone off in e-mail and slammed your finger righteously on the caps lock? I know i have.
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

aux
    I'm so BORED

its annoying, not so much shouting as just plan annoying

Sword of Telara

I use shift to capitalize my words

this means very little to me

it adds a personal touch i think

Google searches are not case sensitive, therefore Caps Lock is irrelevant to Google.

Much like the right-hand [SHIFT] key would be irrelevant to game companies, and should therefore be replaced with [I.W.I.N.] instead.

It's all self-interest.

I actually like the idea of the capslock key being phased out. But I'd like to see the key replaced with empty space. When I'm on my laptop, I keep hitting the capslock key when I hit the A key. Usually it ends up with me removing the capslock key to fix.

Shield of Telara

They both look like one demands attention. The "listen to me!" kind.
    Last edited by Lienda; 10-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast