Thread: The Walking Dead

Default The Walking Dead

Spoilers!!

What'd people think of the new episode?
    I loved it!

PS. Who shot Carl?!
    I used to be good at this game.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I watched the first hour then fell asleep. Was way too tired from Extra Life but I tried. Will have to catch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I watched the first hour then fell asleep. Was way too tired from Extra Life but I tried. Will have to catch it again.
    Knowing AMC it'll be on at LEAST six times this week. :P
    I used to be good at this game.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Knowing AMC it'll be on at LEAST six times this week. :P
    Knowing AMC is exactly why I never watched it.

Is it really a good show? Something about a zombie horror series on a censored network turned me away immediately. School me otherwise if I'm missing out.

I loved the new episode but wasn't expecting such an abrupt ending to it, which made it all the better. Can't wait til next Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post

Is it really a good show? Something about a zombie horror series on a censored network turned me away immediately. School me otherwise if I'm missing out.
    I think it's a fantastic show, and there are quite a few who will tell you likewise. As far as censorship goes? The Walking Dead certainly isn't lacking in the gore department. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try and watch an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    You can watch the premiere online now. http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...ad-episode-201
    Last edited by Zammick; 10-17-2011 at 11:59 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post

It's a great show. Tons of commercials though. Netflix has the first season commercial free of course.

Rift Chaser

Fantastic show and hubby and I really enjoyed the the premiere. Unfortunatly hubby has broncitus and we had make it an early night. Fortunately can zoom through all the commercials and watch the end.

I love a good character driven show. I think this is one of the best shows on TV and I absolutely love it. We bought Season 1 on DVD and enjoyed a rewatch just before the new season.

Plane Touched

Thanks guys. I'm actually looking forward to checking it out this evening on Netflix.

Shadowlander

I think I'm one of the few who enjoy the show but didn't like the comic series. I didn't like the art style with the exception of the first volume, and the way that the author seems to just randomly put at least 3 words out of every 10 in bold type makes it almost unreadable for me.

Open any book to any page and you'll see things along these lines: "Rick! Come here and look at this building, isn't it a great place for a shelter for the night?"
    Last edited by Camenae; 10-19-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Some friends got me and my wife to watch the first season about a week ago...so glad i did and glad it was so close to the latest episode. Its done really good and super gorry for Cable....Can't wait for the next episode...and i wouldnt recommend any one watching it real time...dvr that **** and skip the comms.
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

I think I like it... some stupid decisions by the characters annoy me though. I've been watching it with a friend and "apparently" I criticize everything.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Salamol View Post
    I think I like it... some stupid decisions by the characters annoy me though. I've been watching it with a friend and "apparently" I criticize everything.
    That's why people don't like watching network television series with me. I went to a Lost party and every time a line was delivered by the "actors" I snickered or laughed. I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, I legitimately found the acting hilarious. I was told to leave.

I typically stick to Dexter, Weeds, Spartacus, Party Down and anything decent on the "premiere" channels.

I'm still going to give this show a shot though, since some of the people recommending it have good taste.

+ Reply to Thread