+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what did u hate about wow

Soulwalker

Default what did u hate about wow

title says it all

Rift Disciple

How easy and un-community-like the game became after vanilla WoW. Vanilla WoW was pure awesome...everything else, not so much.
    Zzari - Human Warrior - www.maximation.us

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.2GHz
    4GB Corsair XMS DDR2 PC2-8500
    1GB EVGA GTX460

People on the forums who can't be bothered to use punctuation and complete sentences.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    People on the forums who can't be bothered to use punctuation and complete sentences.
    brah dun b rude cuz in da end u wil b treetd da sam waye u b treetn othrz ya kno o,0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

I still play WoW but my answer would be: most of the people who play it.
    I don't think I will ever understand the mentality of people who enjoy being rude and obnoxious in online games. It does however amuse me greatly to remove such people from groups and seeing them be surprised by that outcome.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?u=194982&type=sigpic&dateline=1296362636
    Whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword was obviously tucked away in some library well defended by other swords.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jalaiak View Post
    title says it all
    I didn't hate anything about WoW. WoW was an extremely sucessful upgrade from EQ for me. EQ2 was pretty craptacular IMPO. Vanguard was ok, but I was an early adopter and it was just to hardware intensive and somewhat poorly coded that it bogged out anything you could get at the time, so that turned me off. AOC was badly incomplete at release when i tried it, LoTRO should have been a F2P from the get go and was a niche game IMPO. Aion was completely niche from my PoV after playing it and again poorly coded with a huge hardware requirement to run it well.

So all in all WoW did it the best of anyone then or since. Yes I even got stupid and bought a life time sub to star trek online.... wtf was I thinking.

I am hoping Rift took some lessons that WoW taught the MMO world about being successful and what not to do to be less successful. WoTLK was the worst Xpac so far, but cata is just more of the same for someone like me that has played since 2004. I am looking for something new, but similar enough that I can log on and take hours to get familar instead of days or weeks like when I came to WoW from EQ. Believe me when I say, I am not looking for a WoW competitor so much as something just different enough to get me interested again.

Shadowlander

I didn't play enough WoW to actually hate anything about the game. I did find some of the fans who acted like Blizzard invented the genre annoying, however. I never really got into the art style, so that's also something that kept me from getting into the game, but hate is too strong a word.

The steady decline of the requirement of thought in order to be successful at it. Things stopped being, "How can I win this?" and started being "Blizzard doesn't care if I can possibly win this."

I stopped facing opponents and started facing people that knew nothing about the game mechanics, had no experience in the game, had no idea what they were doing, and just followed the very obvious (1...2...3..) rotation that Blizzard laid out for them.

I like to THINK about the best possible things to do in order to win. I like a challenge in the mix of my medieval, magical sci-fi fantasies.

WoW got rid of the rewards for thinking, so I got bored.
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz 6MB Cache Quad-Core
    Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    8GB 1600MHz RAM
    120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II

The community
    How casual it is
    How no one gives a **** about anything other than loot

Hate is a strong word my friend. Be mindful when using it.

I liked World of Warcraft. I didnt HATE anything about it.

I did become tired of it eventually, as alot of people did.

Boring grind to 60/70/80/85. Boring grind for gear, boring end game content, boring communiry, boring everything.

Game was just plain boring, Only thing I enjoyed was /logout /quit and /silly...

Played beta - didn't like the imbalance and cartoonish environment.
    Bought the game a year later - quit before my sub expired. Couldn't find the character I that would suit my gameplay, plus the community.... and the worst of all - no matter how much better other MMOs are a lot of people quit them and come back to WoW

Soulwalker

The community is horrible. You have to be a masochist for still playing WoW now.

they made everything such EASY-MODE in WoW. i played every expansion and things just keep getting easier and easier. i played a paladin and warrior (different chars, usually started over on a new xpansion) most of the time.

paladins USED TO have like 7 different seals they could have! one for healing me, giving me mana, chance to snare opponent, low damage, one that added a chance to do a lot of damage, etc. paladins also had to reapply their seals like every 30 secs and you actually had to adapt to the fight by using different seals. there used to be so many more buffs too! wisdom, kings (if spec'd), might and these could be cast on certain individuals that needed them, like warriors needed kings or might more than anything.

(NOW) you have like 4 seals one that heals caster on hit, one dot stacking kind, snaring, and low dmg one. you now only have 2 buffs one that gives mana regen and attack pwr, and kings. seals last up to 30 minutes, there's no need to switch.

oh! this whole thing where in the talent trees you for instance pick fury at lvl 10, you get to dual wield, bloodthirst, and something else.

THE GAME GOT WAY TO NOOB-LIKE, WAY TO EARLY IN THE GAME (lvl 10), AND IT"S JUST TOO SAD! WOW USED TO BE GOOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster101 View Post
    How easy and un-community-like the game became after vanilla WoW. Vanilla WoW was pure awesome...everything else, not so much.
    Agree with this old fellow rawr
    You can edit this Signature by going into your settings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast