+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is sleeping during day, and being awake at night; unhealthy?

Default Is sleeping during day, and being awake at night; unhealthy?

curious. But is sleeping during the day, and being awake at night, unhealthy?

No, why would it be? Healthy sleep is healthy sleep, regardless of what time of day it is.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    is sleeping during the day, and being awake at night, unhealthy?
    If you're working the day shift, yes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    curious. But is sleeping during the day, and being awake at night, unhealthy?
    Pretty much. The best vitamin D is from sunlight, so you're depriving yourself there.

Telaran

For some people that work nights can feel depressed over an extended period.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Vitamin D is vitamin D. That said, getting some is good -- but that's as much a matter of going outside as of time of day.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Sunlight is good for you. So no it's not really good to be awake at night and sleep at daytime.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Sunlight is good for you. So no it's not really good to be awake at night and sleep at daytime.
    skin cancer?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

I HATE mornings, so my current job is great, get off work at 2 am, go to bed at 4 am, wake up at noon. The lack of sunlight isn't a big issue, since you would actually need to try to avoid the sun for long enough to make that an issue.

Na, you will be fine...I do the same pretty much XD.

Well, I work nights (11PM - 7AM) - so far I have no issues, partially because when I leave work in the morning, I get a nice sunrise :> inspires me, if anything.

Daytime sleeping and nighttime wakefulness has been linked to depression. But I am uncertain whether the practice causes depression, or if depressed people take on that habit.

Shield of Telara

I do it to, and the only issue I seem to have so far is that lousy eternal cough.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Shadowlander

My sleeping pattern is often like this, I often work late and then knock out my sleeping patterns. It has been a habbit from as far back as I can remember.

I live in rather far north in Europe (Norway) and here we don't have real daylight for a couple of months during winter (as in we don't see the sun at all). It's common knowledge that some people get depressed from this and the numbers of suicide goes up during this time of year. So yes, it can be unhealthy if you're not getting up/out to see some sun.

Anyway, *sitting by your pc till your eyes can't stay up anymore, then go to bed, just to get back to your pc again as soon as you wake up* then repeat * to *, is not healthy at all either no matter when you sleep...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast