+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How serious do u take mmos

Default How serious do u take mmos

Im asking this question because i used to play wow for about 5 years, and i was a very good player until i sold my account, and my guild was the kind of guild that we take the game serious, we help other player,s and we raid we used to have alot of achives, nice gear, and good titles like kingslayer and that but we dont take the game so dam serious and im saying this cuz there were ppl on my server, and they were really sick tho like to come to the raid with them u need the best achive the best gear u need to now fights and be perfect and it was like a disease please dont make this game like that try to help ppl if they dont now fights help them ,if they dont have the gear prolly invite them to ure guild and help them get a better gear , stuff like that thanks peace.

I took WoW so seriously, that I was able to sell my account for 2500$. I plan to take Rift a little easier, but still be immersed in it ;)
    I'm weak to Bio.

Very serious if its payed if its F2P Korean then no.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Rift Disciple

Pretty seriously since I spend a (un)healthy amount of time playing them.
    Zzari - Human Warrior - www.maximation.us

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.2GHz
    4GB Corsair XMS DDR2 PC2-8500
    1GB EVGA GTX460

I see life and death play out a lot where I work, I cant afford to take a game that serious or I'd have a nervous brake down. I play mmo's to relax and get away from reality so I'd say I can be passionate about the game but I don't treat it like a job which some people do.

Quote Originally Posted by deehoney View Post
    I see life and death play out a lot where I work, I cant afford to take a game that serious or I'd have a nervous brake down. I play mmo's to relax and get away from reality so I'd say I can be passionate about the game but I don't treat it like a job which some people do.
    Thats what im talking about i did that in wow and i was able to sell my account for 800 dlls which is not bad for a casual player

Right now I'm taking punctuation pretty seriously.

please dont make this game like that try to help ppl if they dont now fights help them ,if they dont have the gear prolly invite them to ure guild and help them get a better gear , stuff like that thanks peace.
    Eh, bottom line is, people will play how they want and with whom they want. I'm a nice guy and more than willing to help people, but I look at raiding as a team effort and not a charity.

Need help with a quest? Sure.

Want me to hold somebody's hand and carry them through content for no apparent reason? Not gonna happen.

As seriously as any other form of entertainment. After 9 hours of work, only thing on my mind is not to be serious and have fun in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viln View Post

PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail.

I will spend more time playing rift then I will spend working... mostly because I can choose how much I work or dont work. Which will be zero for a few weeks. I would miss my best friends funeral if it was on the day headstart started.

Quote Originally Posted by Musufasa101 View Post
    I will spend more time playing rift then I will spend working... mostly because I can choose how much I work or dont work. Which will be zero for a few weeks. I would miss my best friends funeral if it was on the day headstart started.

Wow..just..... speechless!

Talk about priorities in life. Video game > best friends funeral.
    Last edited by Gordan; 01-13-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viln View Post

PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail.

Given I often tell people "Playing an MMO is not just a job or a career, simply put, it is a way of life." I think I take MMO time pretty seriously.

Shadowlander

kingslayer was a hard title to earn.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    kingslayer was a hard title to earn.

lol
    i dont now if that sarcasm or not bro what i can tell u is that for a casual player Kingslayer and Glory of the hero were a pain in the as s for me and the guild lol

I take it kind of seriously, I suppose, but not in the way you're meaning. I don't work all that hard at it, nor will I ever commit to any kind of mandatory raid schedule. However, what I *do* take seriously is the experience, itself. I try to stay true to the RP aspect. It's not about a healthy dose of "thee's" and "verily's", but more a fairly strong distaste for character names like "Rokarolla" and making up cutesy names for things like calling rangers "ranjas". I'm there to swing a sword, cast spells and kill orcs or other "otherworldly" critters. It's immersion I seek, not some juvenile chat room where I can hang out with the "cool kids".

It's probably my age. I was weened on games like Zork I/II/III and various MUD's. They oozed immersion with their total reliance on story and imagination.

Not at all. I take very seriously the investment of money to purchase them, and pay for their subscriptions though.

But what it sounds like in the origional post, is a community problem. I think that alot of people whom play these games forget just how badly they needed help and gear to be as good as they are. I'm sure way "back in the day" when the dungeons were new people messed up and so did their guilds.

Its not "handholding" to help a person get gear from running a dungeon or instance, unless of course you don't like them. Thats just people- thats all.

As for people choosing to run with elite geared characters. I can tell you, as gameplay becomes more difficult it becomes a necessity. Now insisting that each and every character is twinked "for the win" is dubious at best. I mean, how do some of these people expect to find players with that good a gear, when nobody helps? Unless their looking for Ex members of another guild. I think if a crew of characters are that elite they have skill enough to help the under geared, as well as, constructive advice on how to play better- if needed.
    Ia !! Ia !! C'thulu F'tagan! murgel...murgle...glog..glog!
    "Aww...h** NO!...Not in my basement!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast