+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Girl-gamers on YouTube, and the reactions from the male players.

Default Girl-gamers on YouTube, and the reactions from the male players.

I find it kinda said that when there are a few Girls who talk about games(i.e Wow, or Diablo, blah blah just examples) The idiots instead of talking about the video, the only thing they focus on is her physical qualities. And the sexist comments. Seriously, is this how the gaming community(well at least in the U.S) reacts to our female counter-parts? Seriously its pretty much:
    Comments about the video - 5%
    Comments about her hair, eyes, breast(Mostly breast), or how she needs to be in the kitchen - 95%

I'm a guy, and even I find the amount of immaturity appalling. No wonder most idiots thes days can't get or keep a girlfriend. I know, it shouldn't be such a big thing, but I can promise, go find any Girl gamer's You Tube video(make sure she is hot, thats what attracts the animals) and look at the comments. You will probably be amused and disgusted at the same time D:

P.S- I'm not saying you should comment on how attractive she is, but just don't focus solely on that. She is trying to talk about something, and I think it would be better if you listened instead of probing her with your eyes.
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

It's the internet they'll never take it that far in person.

Does it need to be in person to be emotionally harmful to the subject? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    She is trying to talk about something, and I think it would be better if you listened instead of probing her with your eyes.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Boys will be boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    I guess I should edit that its the same from both sides of the gender mirror. thanks for that
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

I guess I should edit that its the same from both sides of the gender mirror. thanks for that
    I am presuming you went on to read the Youtube comments then.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Rift Disciple

That disgraceful behavior is not at all specific to gamers, unfortunately.
    Human Dignity + Compassion = PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    I am presuming you went on to read the Youtube comments then.
    Yes I did. it was pretty much the same thing, but reversed genders, and perhaps without the sexism... although I only read the first and second page with the top comments.
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    Does it need to be in person to be emotionally harmful to the subject? I think not.
    Rule #1: NEVER take online communications from total strangers personally.

Rule #2: Always assume everyone online you dont personally is a total idiot.

I find it kinda said that when there are a few Girls who talk about games(i.e Wow, or Diablo, blah blah just examples) The idiots instead of talking about the video, the only thing they focus on is her physical qualities. And the sexist comments. Seriously, is this how the gaming community(well at least in the U.S) reacts to our female counter-parts? Seriously its pretty much:
    Comments about the video - 5%
    Comments about her hair, eyes, breast(Mostly breast), or how she needs to be in the kitchen - 95%

I'm a guy, and even I find the amount of immaturity appalling. No wonder most idiots thes days can't get or keep a girlfriend. I know, it shouldn't be such a big thing, but I can promise, go find any Girl gamer's You Tube video(make sure she is hot, thats what attracts the animals) and look at the comments. You will probably be amused and disgusted at the same time D:

P.S- I'm not saying you should comment on how attractive she is, but just don't focus solely on that. She is trying to talk about something, and I think it would be better if you listened instead of probing her with your eyes.
    immaturity? who are you to define whats mature or not. that behavior is programmed into our DNA. besides its the internet, which is a mix of many different cultures.

but you expect them all to act like you?

Rift Disciple

I know I may get flamed for this, but I just believe men and women are naturally sexist. Men and women are just built totally different, so we are just going to have different opinions about each other.

For example, would most people let a grown man babysit their children, even if he's a professional babysitter and has no criminal record? Even though I wouldn't mind, most people would not.

Quote Originally Posted by nipples View Post
    I know I may get flamed for this, but I just believe men and women are naturally sexist. Men and women are just built totally different, so we are just going to have different opinions about each other.

For example, would most people let a grown man babysit their children, even if he's a professional babysitter and has no criminal record? Even though I wouldn't mind, most people would not.
    Seems like a cultural thing. As I can't think of anyone I know that would have an issue with men babysitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    What I was trying to say is that they don't have the balls to say it in person to a woman. I guess I had to state the obvious since you aren't bright enough to figure it out.

Plane Touched

T IT s OR G T F O
    Last edited by iZemi; 10-15-2011 at 10:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast