+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Things I've learned from MMO's

Default Things I've learned from MMO's

One thing I've learned from MMO's is that everyone makes 6 digits a year and has dozens of degrees and certificates. They are way farther then you ever will be in life.
    Last edited by Snookii; 10-14-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

One thing ive learned....and yet still dont do most the time.

Dont lurk the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    One thing ive learned....and yet still dont do most the time.

Dont lurk the forums.
    This might as well be a "one thing I've learned thread."
    Gogo!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Hah. My only degree is a BA in psychology. I don't even have a high school diploma or GED.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Only reason I made this thread is because some guy kept pushing me to duel him and I beat him twice, yet he slips away and eats and i still win almost flawlessly. Then he keeps talking about how I'm bad and he's going to school and will start making 100k a year. Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snookii View Post
    Only reason I made this thread is because some guy kept pushing me to duel him and I beat him twice, yet he slips away and eats and i still win almost flawlessly. Then he keeps talking about how I'm bad and he's going to school and will start making 100k a year. Seems legit.
    That is exactly how it works. College degree => guaranteed 6-figure income.

What he forgot to mention is the 20 or so years between them. :P
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post

Well the thing is the kid couldn't even spell and had the grammar of a 12 year old. Yet he kept calling me 16. I sure do find some people amusing in games like this.

Yeah.

Ahh, people. They are funny.

Rift Disciple

Or the fact that, in this US economy....no degree in the world is going to get you a 6 figure income right out of college....let alone 5 years. I think a 5 digit is being modest at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Or the fact that, in this US economy....no degree in the world is going to get you a 6 figure income right out of college....let alone 5 years. I think a 5 digit is being modest at this rate.
    Maybe middle to low 5 digits.

Yeah.

Ahh, people. They are funny.
    People in MMO's sure a different type of people aren't they?

I dunno, I've met people like that all over the place. Random forums. You see them in stores all the time, too, yelling at the clerks.

My brain's abnormalities include, by blind luck, the complete inability to comprehend what it would mean for one person to be "better" than another, so I find the whole thing hilarious. People are obsessed with whether they're "better" than someone else, and this looks to me roughly like people being obsessed over whether they are more asdfgh than someone else, or whether they have more perfectly circular squares. And they go around doing really stupid stuff to show off how important they are.

I mostly just wanna pat them and say "there there", but it turns out this doesn't actually help them.

I dunno, I've met people like that all over the place. Random forums. You see them in stores all the time, too, yelling at the clerks.

My brain's abnormalities include, by blind luck, the complete inability to comprehend what it would mean for one person to be "better" than another, so I find the whole thing hilarious. People are obsessed with whether they're "better" than someone else, and this looks to me roughly like people being obsessed over whether they are more asdfgh than someone else, or whether they have more perfectly circular squares. And they go around doing really stupid stuff to show off how important they are.

I mostly just wanna pat them and say "there there", but it turns out this doesn't actually help them.
    They're doomed.

Rift Disciple

Actually they arnt, they just tend to be more courageous about their BS Degrees, than if someone was standing next to them in real life when they started listing their achievements in life.

Telaran

One thing I have learned on Rift forums is.... it's hundred times funnier to read these than WoW forums ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast