+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: WoW Mists of Pandaria

Default RUMOR: WoW Mists of Pandaria

here

here

rumor has it this is Blizzard's new x-pac. I believe this is taking place in the Emerald Dream. what you all think?

Something with the name "Pandaria" wouldn't be in the emerald dream, IMO. Also, the emerald dream has always been, exactly that, a dream.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

blizzard will never allow "panda's" for ONE specific reason, it would SERIOUSLY offend their chinese playerbase if they did it.

Panda's are considered prettymuch holy in china, To have one "virtually" killed in a videogame (PVP), woudnt sit well with them.

but then agian wow's been on a selfdestructive path since TBC so..
    Last edited by TyrLith; 10-14-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Ascendant

I have the panda pet on my Druid, what's this rubbish you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    I have the panda pet on my Druid, what's this rubbish you're talking about?
    is it killable and , is the PANDA pet enabeld in china ? No.
    Good that you have "bonus stuff in liberal europe/us" but considering CHINA is blizzards largest market, having an expansion based around something posibly being "banned" in china is the worst marketing strategy ever and blizzard isn't THAT stupid.. alas you are..

you do realise chinese dont even allow exposed bones on undead characters right ?
    the same deal when a player dies, it leaves a grave and not a skelleton.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/07/03/th...pease-censors/
    Last edited by TyrLith; 10-14-2011 at 01:48 AM.

I think that if the expansion is called that it will open up another continent or island, but won't allow people to roll panda toons.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post
    blizzard will never allow "panda's" for ONE specific reason, it would SERIOUSLY offend their chinese playerbase if they did it.

Panda's are considered prettymuch holy in china, To have one "virtually" killed in a videogame (PVP), woudnt sit well with them.

It would be no different to all the extra work they already put in to cater specifically with their Chinese releases now. They already change the colour of blood, remove all trace of "skulls" and perform various other tweaks.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I think that if the expansion is called that it will open up another continent or island, but won't allow people to roll panda toons.
    There was a post of dubious authenticity on their forums that suggested exactly this. It actually sounds quite plausible.

I think it's been all but announced that MoP is their next xpac. It'll likely feature an NPC panda faction key to the story and a lot more recycled content. Possibly new races. There's speculation of a monk class; I'd be surprised if that actually proved true.

is it killable and , is the PANDA pet enabeld in china ? No.
    Good that you have "bonus stuff in liberal europe/us" but considering CHINA is blizzards largest market, having an expansion based around something posibly being "banned" in china is the worst marketing strategy ever and blizzard isn't THAT stupid.. alas you are..

you do realise chinese dont even allow exposed bones on undead characters right ?
    the same deal when a player dies, it leaves a grave and not a skelleton.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/07/03/th...pease-censors/
    China doesn't have issues with panda. Hey it was in WC3 after all. What they had issues with was the panda being shown in Japanese armor. China and Japan don't get along

Shield of Telara

I thought the classic Collectors edition of WoW gave you a cute panda as one of three pet choices.

Shield of Telara

I think a demon pet called Deablo was with it, but I can't remember what else. People don't pulll them out much anymore. The Pandarin Monk came a while later. I thought he was a little annoying.

Actually that was my thought for a while, but it is a bit of a myth/exaggeration. The hoohaah was that they had been illustrated as Chinese in Japanese attire, there isn't an awful lot to it other than conjecture, exaggeration and rumor about the Chinese v Panda thing.

As for location, the race has roots in Northrend and Kalimdor.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 10-14-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

hey I believe we may see a demon hunter class.

BTW, anybody know why Illidan has a flashback in the new patch?
    whats the story behind that? I havnt been following

That is a complete urban myth and not true. There are even chinese companies that have created video games with panda people in it that can be virtually killed.

Soulwalker

That's a myth. They're not holy in China. They're just related to the political and cultural identity of it which causes confusion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast