+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: (Speculation) Ember Isle wont be the patch to combat SWTOR: Player housing will

Default (Speculation) Ember Isle wont be the patch to combat SWTOR: Player housing will

(Speculation) Ember Isle wont be the patch to combat SWTOR: Player housing will.
    I believe the patch after Ember Isle, thats around SWTOR launch, will have this feature.
    Trion did say that they were working on it. And its something I seen many people ask for.

Player Housing patch, seem like the best way Trion could keep players interested in the game when SWTOR comes out. it makes sense as a great weapon in the competition battles that the upcoming MMORPG will have.

But I wonder what other features Trion has planned for us around December's patch.
    Last edited by tro44; 10-13-2011 at 05:25 PM.

I have zero interest in a house, I do however have interest in class balance, removal of gear disparity for PvP and world peace.
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    I have zero interest in a house, I do however have interest in class balance, removal of gear disparity for PvP and world peace.
    game will never be 100% balanced (EVER) while we still have individual callings and souls.

Gear in PvP is another form of Endgame PvP progression. I dont like it. but it makes sense in the current design, since we dont have any other forms of progression in PvP.

World Peace, in a MMORPG while the lore is built around 2 faction's view of whats right and wrong, going to battle against each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Great reply.

Instead of trying to combat SWTOR with a lot of vanity items. They need to invest in more game content. Not fluff, I have seen enough fluff from rift.
    Last edited by Soopaman; 10-13-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopaman View Post
    Great reply.

Instead of trying to combat SWTOR with a lot of vanity items. They need to invest in more game content. Not fluff, I have seen enough fluff from rift.
    ....They give you a lot of content too O_o
    Hoss

The Sims have good housing... just saying.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Anyone who is going to play TOR will do so no matter what, honestly. Those who buy into the hype around that game think it's the Second Coming. If Trion just continues to release content as they're doing it will bring people back after they play TOR for a month or two.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

The patch that combats ToR will have:

PATCH NOTES:

* There are no "midichlorians" in this game.

... well, it worked for me.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Prophet of Telara

Rift should worry about itself, honestly. It will sink or swim based on it's own doing.

SW:TOR is gonna flop, anyway.

Soulwalker

see you at SWTOR launch

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    SW:TOR is gonna flop, anyway.
    lolhaters hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeraku View Post
    see you at SWTOR launch
    See ya a month later.

Sword of Telara

Unlike WoW's problems with Rift (it IS the only real competition that game has had in 7 years), I don't think TOR will present a problem to Rift, for one simple reason.

Unlike Rift's launch, and all-around quality, TOR is a really... REALLY bad game. And I'm pretty sure EA can't launch online games worth a damn.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Some people seem to think highly of it, others seem to dislike it.

Me, I just don't care. I pretty much stopped caring about Star Wars when Lucas started wrecking it for his "new vision" of sucking at telling stories.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

ToR is gonna have more people and sustain more people for two reasons.

One, Its star wars, sorry, rift will never have more subs or even close to tor after launch because of that simple reason.

Two , The PvP has to be better than rifts, it couldn't possibly be worse.

I have no expectations of ToR, but I know its gotta be better than this.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 10-13-2011 at 06:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast