+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: (Speculation) Ember Isle wont be the patch to combat SWTOR: Player housing will

Plane Touched

How cute you count the chronicles as new content. Its not new, 2 of them are just easy versions of already existing content, the other is just summonings mobs in meridian.

A warfront that none of can play, and was originally only going to be on the weekends, and not even every weekend. Awesome, new content we can't play unless they say its ok. Which is too bad, because I actually liked library.

See thats the thing. I guess the definition of content to a fanboi is vurrrry loosely defined if you think crafting rifts and zone invasions and raid rifts are content, they've added more daily grind, they havn't added any real content in a while.

I'm not compairing rift with WoW, not sure why you are.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 10-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

they gave us player housing in eve.... I canceled my sub before that patch could come out.

starwars sounds pretty awesome but I doubt I'll end up playing it. probably be done with mmos for a while after rift.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    I for one get sick of mmos that focus entirely on combat and not enough social - sick to the point I am almost ready to give up on the genre permanently. That was the one thing I like about warcrap. They had a lot of stuff to do that didnt require you to go out and kill 10 rats.

What does Rift have thats non-combat related in some way? Nothing. Granted if they put in housing, you would have to go out to do missions and whatnot to get money to fund it, but you naysayers wouldnt be using housing anyway, so its a moot point.
    I areee with you on that, I get tired of MMO's where all you do is kill. Kill monsters, kill players. Thats why I look back fondly on Vanguard, Darkfall, Age of Conan, even though they wern't very good games, they actually tried things that wern't just killing,and was more than just stupid vanity player housing.

I'd rather them work on class balance than ****ing player housing, which serves no point. Plenty of games have player housing, the Sims, animal crossing, etc. Rift needs to work on balancing what it already has before taking the time to code a housing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    How cute you count the chronicles as new content.
    Have you ever heard the phrase "condescending, smug, nice guy that I want to talk to"?

I haven't.

Its not new, 2 of them are just easy versions of already existing content
    So if you've done the raid, for instance, you won't be killing even one new boss in the Chronicles, you won't have any new quests, and there won't be any new story?

Hmmm.

A warfront that none of can play, and was originally only going to be on the weekends, and not even every weekend.
    I do not recall them ever claiming that it was intended to "only be on the weekends" in the future; it was just released that way for early playtesting.

See thats the thing. I guess the definition of content to a fanboi is vurrrry loosely defined if you think crafting rifts and zone invasions and raid rifts are content, they've added more daily grind, they havn't added any real content in a while.
    It's not that it's loosely defined, it's that I'm not artificually restricting it. Each rift event is, by definition, some kind of content. It has phases and scripts, and even if you don't think it's much content, it's still content.

Adding new quests or events is one way of adding content.

I'm not compairing rift with WoW, not sure why you are.
    Well, did you have another MMO in mind that releases content faster? I just picked one that I knew the approximate numbers for off the top of my head.

You seem to be working really hard to try to dismiss things and avoid responding substantively -- for instance, when you asked what rift had done that other people hadn't, and I told you, you dismissed as not being "content", even though the post I was responding to was a response to my claim that the company was doing things that I thought were significant.

The content thing is just one of the many things Trion does that's unusual.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    SWG was a completely different game. Bioware has made a theme park MMO without any of the added features that make Rift fun. In fact, they have nothing special about their game other than the voice overs.

I cannot wait until the game is released so people can see, because you can be very sure that NDA is not dropping before release. EA knows what they have, and need to try and prevent it from reaching the general gaming public before release.
    You always act like you know so much about SWTOR when it is painfully obvious to those in BETA you don't.

NDA will be dropped way before early access during open beta.

Lot more than voice acting going on... Not to break NDA here's the WIKI page to get you up to speed.

Gameplay

Members of the two main factions – the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire – will have different moralities; the project's key focus is to differentiate between the player's faction and morality.[10]

While each class in The Old Republic will still favor a certain play style (be it ranged, melee, or otherwise), customization combined with companion characters will make for having a class be able to tackle many different situations, with or without the support of other player characters, and without requiring specific other classes in order to move forward.[11]

Players' choices will permanently open or close storylines and affect players' non-player character (NPC) companions.[10] It is intended that the game should provide more context for characters' missions than any previous MMORPG. Every character in the game, including the player character, will feature full voice dialog to enhance gameplay, and interactions will feature a dialogue system similar to that used in the Mass Effect series.[10] Players will be able to choose from a variety of NPCs, although spending time with a single companion will help more in developing story and content than dividing time among several,[12] and may even develop a love interest.[13] It is possible for players to "blow it big time" if they fail to meet NPCs' expectations.[12] Players will also have access to dozens of planets,[10] including Korriban, Ord Mantell, Nal Hutta, Tython,[14] Coruscant,[15] Balmorra,[16] Alderaan,[17] Tatooine,[18] Dromund Kaas,[19] Taris,[20] Belsavis,[21] Voss,[22] Hoth, [23] Corellia,[24] Ilum[25] and Quesh,[26] and the moon Nar Shaddaa.[27] Every player will receive their own starship, which was announced at Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010.[citation needed]

Footage of space combat was released at Gamescom. The short clip provided by BioWare revealed that space combat would be a "tunnel shooter."[28] A tunnel shooter, otherwise known as a scrolling shooter, is a flying game where the player is on a predetermined track. Game play includes moving right and left on the X axis and up and down on the Y axis; however, players won't have control of the speed of their space craft. Jake Neri, LucasArts Producer, told PC Gamer in their upcoming October 2010 issue that their goal is to "capture the most cinematic moments that we can create. We want players to get in and feel like they're in the movies. It's about highly cinematic, controlled combat moments ... very heroic, action-packed, exciting, visceral and dangerous encounters that'll make you pee your pants."

[edit] Plot

The story takes place in the Star Wars fictional universe shortly after the establishment of a tenuous peace between the re-emergent Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic,[29] 300 years after the events of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games, and more than 3,500 years before the events in the Star Wars films.[10][30] The Jedi are held responsible for the success of the Sith during the devastating 28-year-long Great Galactic War (which led to the Treaty of Coruscant prior to the Cold War), and thus choose to relocate from Coruscant to Tython, where the Jedi Order had initially been founded, to seek guidance from the Force.[10][31] The Sith control Korriban, where they have re-established a Sith Academy.[32] The game begins as new conflicts arise.[10]

A collaborative effort between BioWare, LucasArts and Dark Horse Comics has resulted in webcomics entitled Star Wars: The Old Republic – Threat of Peace and Star Wars: The Old Republic – Blood of the Empire, the purpose of which is to establish the backstory as the game opens.

BioWare has stated that the game will have a significant focus on the storyline.

[edit] Species

There will be a range of playable species for the player to choose from. So far confirmed are Chiss,[33] Human, Miraluka,[34] Mirialan,[34] Rattataki,[35] Sith Pureblood,[34] Twi'lek[36] and Zabrak.[34] Although Humans can pick any class available, other species have been restricted to only several classes each.

An E3 2011 gameplay footage video showed a Rattataki Bounty Hunter.

[edit] Classes

Each faction will contain different classes, each with a distinct backstory and a branching storyline affected by players' moral choices.[10] Classes will also be exclusive to one faction or the other, however, the classes of one faction mirror the classes of the other (for example, Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior).[37] Eight classes have been confirmed: the Bounty Hunter,[38] Sith Warrior,[39] Imperial Agent,[40] and Sith Inquisitor[41] for the Sith Empire; and the Trooper,[42] Smuggler,[43] Jedi Knight,[44] and Jedi Consular[45] for the Galactic Republic. Although each class will have a distinct storyline, they will be integrated with the game's overall arc.[46]

Every class has also two specializations.

Republic
    Trooper; Commando and Vanguard
    Smuggler; Gunslinger and Scoundrel
    Jedi Knight; Guardian and Sentinel
    Jedi Consular; Shadow and Sage

Empire
    Bounty Hunter; Powertech and Mercenary
    Imperial Agent; Operative and Sniper
    Sith Warrior; Juggernaut and Marauder
    Sith Inquisitor; Sorcerer and Assassin

[edit] Companions

The game features a passive form of crafting, known as Crew Skills, in which a player's companions carry out gathering and crafting tasks asynchronously to the player's adventures out in the world. The player can assign up to five companions to perform various skills. Crafting skills allow the player's companions to create items. Gathering skills allow the player's companions to gather resources out in the world. Mission skills allow the player's companions to perform acts on the player's behalf, gaining the player light or dark side influence and other unspecified rewards.[47]

During E3 2011 a video was shown with gameplay footage of the Bounty Hunter which has the ability to have a companion named Blizz that is a Jawa. The developers stated during the chat that only the Bounty Hunter would be able to get Blizz and that other classes would have unique companions as well including some companions that are force users.

During the same E3 2011 video feed it was shown that companions will have a similar character screen as the players and can have gear just like a player character.[48]

Bioware has also confirmed same-sex romance options will be available post launch.[49]

[edit] Development

The Old Republic is BioWare's first entry into the MMORPG market,[29] and it will be the second Star Wars MMORPG after Star Wars Galaxies. BioWare had long been interested in working on a MMORPG, but waited until they had "the right partners, the right team, and the right I.P."[10] A major focus in the game is on developing characters' individual stories[29] and, in October 2008, BioWare considered this game to have more story content than all of their other games combined.[10] The writing team has been working on the project longer than any of the game's other development teams.[46] An October 2008 preview noted some of the 12 full-time writers had been working on The Old Republic for more than two years at that point.[10]

The game's first cinematic trailer, "Deceived", was shown at the Electronic Arts 2009 E3 Press Conference on June 1, 2009.[50] A public live demo was shown for the first time at the Gamescom. On September 29, 2009, Bioware announced that they would be accepting applications for testers from the game community. Within minutes, the official website was down due to traffic, and Bioware announced shortly after that the site was being changed in order to accommodate the increase in visitors. A second cinematic trailer, "Hope", was released on June 14, 2010, that depicts another battle that happened before the game, the Battle of Alderaan. Game testing was officially announced to be underway on July 9, 2010, for testers from North American territories. As of September 2010, the official website has shown inclusion of the character Darth Revan and information of his reign in the gameplay. On June 6, a new trailer "Return" was released at E3 2011 depicting the initial Sith invasion force as it retakes its home world of Korriban.

On July 21, 2011, Electronic Arts and BioWare began accepting pre-orders for the game. Pre-order information included the revelation that a limited number of pre-orders, across all editions of the game, would be accepted. It remains to be seen whether this pre-order limit will be reached before the game releases, which would limit the number of people able to play the game at release.

Although set for release in most regions of the world, EA have said Australasia will not be getting the game on its release, but will at a later date.[51] The reason behind this is so to hold back digital and boxed copies for a smooth launch so to avoid any problems encountered during launch.[52] However BioWare have revealed that the game won't be region or IP blocked allowing players to purchase the game from other regions.[53] Additionally BioWare have allowed Australian and New Zealand players to take part in the beta stages of the game. BioWare community manager, Allison Berryman, said “Data from this test will be used to inform decisions about the launch of the game in Oceanic regions,” however she was unable to provide any information in regards to the game's launch in those regions.[54]

On September 24th, 2011, Bioware officially announced that the release date for SWTOR would be on December 20th, 2011 for North America and December 22nd of that same year for Europe.

[edit] Other media

A novel related to the game written by Sean Williams[55] called Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance was released on July 21, 2010.[56]

An internet comic produced by Dark Horse and written by The Old Republic developer Rob Chestney offers backstory to the game.[57] The story spans ten years from the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant to the events that start the game. The comic, titled Threat of Peace, was released bi-monthly, and reached its conclusion in March 2010.

A second internet comic titled Blood of the Empire has been released and follows the story of a Sith apprentice on a dangerous and secretive mission. It is produced by Dark Horse and written by BioWare’s senior writer Alexander Freed. The story is set 25 years before the Treaty of Coruscant, and offers readers a new perspective of the events leading up to the start of The Old Republic.[58] A sneak preview of the art was released, followed by the first issue on April 23, 2010.

A 256-page novel called Deceived was released by Del Rey on March 22, 2011. This story, by Paul S. Kemp, tells the story of Darth Malgus, the Sith Lord responsible for the sacking of Coruscant.

On April 22, 2011, Bioware announced that Drew Karpyshyn will be writing a book named Revan[59], which will be released on November 15, 2011. This book will feature Revan as the main protagonist and reveal his fate after the Knights of the Old Republic-games.

[edit] Music

The music is composed by Mark Griskey, Gordy Haab, Jesse Harlin, Lennie Moore, and Wilbert Roget, II.

[edit] Pre-release reception

The title has already received praise from various media outlets several months before its release. Pax East 2011 and E3 2011 provided the public with one of the most recent chances to go hands-on with The Old Republic. Many gaming related news sources gave the project accolades for its showing at the convention. GameTrailers awarded the game both Best RPG and Best Online Game of E3 2010. IGN praised the story of the Jedi Consular, stating that it's easy to focus more on the story instead of the mission at hand. On July 27, 2011 EA announced that The Old Republic broke EA's record for the highest number of pre-orders in their history, allotting over 200,000 reservations in the six days since pre-orders began. In the week of September 21, 2011, it was again ranked as the No. 1 bought product at Bestbuy.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamerDown View Post
    You always act like you know so much about SWTOR when it is painfully obvious to those in BETA you don't.

*lots of lucas arts stuff*
    people who care already read about swtor. people who arent interested dont look into this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamerDown View Post

NDA will be dropped way before early access during open beta.

Lot more than voice acting going on... Not to break NDA here's the WIKI page to get you up to speed.

Gameplay

Members of the two main factions – the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire – will have different moralities; the project's key focus is to differentiate between the player's faction and morality.[10]

While each class in The Old Republic will still favor a certain play style (be it ranged, melee, or otherwise), customization combined with companion characters will make for having a class be able to tackle many different situations, with or without the support of other player characters, and without requiring specific other classes in order to move forward.[11]

Players' choices will permanently open or close storylines and affect players' non-player character (NPC) companions.[10] It is intended that the game should provide more context for characters' missions than any previous MMORPG. Every character in the game, including the player character, will feature full voice dialog to enhance gameplay, and interactions will feature a dialogue system similar to that used in the Mass Effect series.[10] Players will be able to choose from a variety of NPCs, although spending time with a single companion will help more in developing story and content than dividing time among several,[12] and may even develop a love interest.[13] It is possible for players to "blow it big time" if they fail to meet NPCs' expectations.[12] Players will also have access to dozens of planets,[10] including Korriban, Ord Mantell, Nal Hutta, Tython,[14] Coruscant,[15] Balmorra,[16] Alderaan,[17] Tatooine,[18] Dromund Kaas,[19] Taris,[20] Belsavis,[21] Voss,[22] Hoth, [23] Corellia,[24] Ilum[25] and Quesh,[26] and the moon Nar Shaddaa.[27] Every player will receive their own starship, which was announced at Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010.[citation needed]

Footage of space combat was released at Gamescom. The short clip provided by BioWare revealed that space combat would be a "tunnel shooter."[28] A tunnel shooter, otherwise known as a scrolling shooter, is a flying game where the player is on a predetermined track. Game play includes moving right and left on the X axis and up and down on the Y axis; however, players won't have control of the speed of their space craft. Jake Neri, LucasArts Producer, told PC Gamer in their upcoming October 2010 issue that their goal is to "capture the most cinematic moments that we can create. We want players to get in and feel like they're in the movies. It's about highly cinematic, controlled combat moments ... very heroic, action-packed, exciting, visceral and dangerous encounters that'll make you pee your pants."

[edit] Plot

The story takes place in the Star Wars fictional universe shortly after the establishment of a tenuous peace between the re-emergent Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic,[29] 300 years after the events of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games, and more than 3,500 years before the events in the Star Wars films.[10][30] The Jedi are held responsible for the success of the Sith during the devastating 28-year-long Great Galactic War (which led to the Treaty of Coruscant prior to the Cold War), and thus choose to relocate from Coruscant to Tython, where the Jedi Order had initially been founded, to seek guidance from the Force.[10][31] The Sith control Korriban, where they have re-established a Sith Academy.[32] The game begins as new conflicts arise.[10]

A collaborative effort between BioWare, LucasArts and Dark Horse Comics has resulted in webcomics entitled Star Wars: The Old Republic – Threat of Peace and Star Wars: The Old Republic – Blood of the Empire, the purpose of which is to establish the backstory as the game opens.

BioWare has stated that the game will have a significant focus on the storyline.

[edit] Species

There will be a range of playable species for the player to choose from. So far confirmed are Chiss,[33] Human, Miraluka,[34] Mirialan,[34] Rattataki,[35] Sith Pureblood,[34] Twi'lek[36] and Zabrak.[34] Although Humans can pick any class available, other species have been restricted to only several classes each.

An E3 2011 gameplay footage video showed a Rattataki Bounty Hunter.

[edit] Classes

Each faction will contain different classes, each with a distinct backstory and a branching storyline affected by players' moral choices.[10] Classes will also be exclusive to one faction or the other, however, the classes of one faction mirror the classes of the other (for example, Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior).[37] Eight classes have been confirmed: the Bounty Hunter,[38] Sith Warrior,[39] Imperial Agent,[40] and Sith Inquisitor[41] for the Sith Empire; and the Trooper,[42] Smuggler,[43] Jedi Knight,[44] and Jedi Consular[45] for the Galactic Republic. Although each class will have a distinct storyline, they will be integrated with the game's overall arc.[46]

Every class has also two specializations.

Republic
    Trooper; Commando and Vanguard
    Smuggler; Gunslinger and Scoundrel
    Jedi Knight; Guardian and Sentinel
    Jedi Consular; Shadow and Sage

Empire
    Bounty Hunter; Powertech and Mercenary
    Imperial Agent; Operative and Sniper
    Sith Warrior; Juggernaut and Marauder
    Sith Inquisitor; Sorcerer and Assassin

[edit] Companions

The game features a passive form of crafting, known as Crew Skills, in which a player's companions carry out gathering and crafting tasks asynchronously to the player's adventures out in the world. The player can assign up to five companions to perform various skills. Crafting skills allow the player's companions to create items. Gathering skills allow the player's companions to gather resources out in the world. Mission skills allow the player's companions to perform acts on the player's behalf, gaining the player light or dark side influence and other unspecified rewards.[47]

During E3 2011 a video was shown with gameplay footage of the Bounty Hunter which has the ability to have a companion named Blizz that is a Jawa. The developers stated during the chat that only the Bounty Hunter would be able to get Blizz and that other classes would have unique companions as well including some companions that are force users.

During the same E3 2011 video feed it was shown that companions will have a similar character screen as the players and can have gear just like a player character.[48]

Bioware has also confirmed same-sex romance options will be available post launch.[49]

[edit] Development

The Old Republic is BioWare's first entry into the MMORPG market,[29] and it will be the second Star Wars MMORPG after Star Wars Galaxies. BioWare had long been interested in working on a MMORPG, but waited until they had "the right partners, the right team, and the right I.P."[10] A major focus in the game is on developing characters' individual stories[29] and, in October 2008, BioWare considered this game to have more story content than all of their other games combined.[10] The writing team has been working on the project longer than any of the game's other development teams.[46] An October 2008 preview noted some of the 12 full-time writers had been working on The Old Republic for more than two years at that point.[10]

The game's first cinematic trailer, "Deceived", was shown at the Electronic Arts 2009 E3 Press Conference on June 1, 2009.[50] A public live demo was shown for the first time at the Gamescom. On September 29, 2009, Bioware announced that they would be accepting applications for testers from the game community. Within minutes, the official website was down due to traffic, and Bioware announced shortly after that the site was being changed in order to accommodate the increase in visitors. A second cinematic trailer, "Hope", was released on June 14, 2010, that depicts another battle that happened before the game, the Battle of Alderaan. Game testing was officially announced to be underway on July 9, 2010, for testers from North American territories. As of September 2010, the official website has shown inclusion of the character Darth Revan and information of his reign in the gameplay. On June 6, a new trailer "Return" was released at E3 2011 depicting the initial Sith invasion force as it retakes its home world of Korriban.

On July 21, 2011, Electronic Arts and BioWare began accepting pre-orders for the game. Pre-order information included the revelation that a limited number of pre-orders, across all editions of the game, would be accepted. It remains to be seen whether this pre-order limit will be reached before the game releases, which would limit the number of people able to play the game at release.

Although set for release in most regions of the world, EA have said Australasia will not be getting the game on its release, but will at a later date.[51] The reason behind this is so to hold back digital and boxed copies for a smooth launch so to avoid any problems encountered during launch.[52] However BioWare have revealed that the game won't be region or IP blocked allowing players to purchase the game from other regions.[53] Additionally BioWare have allowed Australian and New Zealand players to take part in the beta stages of the game. BioWare community manager, Allison Berryman, said “Data from this test will be used to inform decisions about the launch of the game in Oceanic regions,” however she was unable to provide any information in regards to the game's launch in those regions.[54]

On September 24th, 2011, Bioware officially announced that the release date for SWTOR would be on December 20th, 2011 for North America and December 22nd of that same year for Europe.

[edit] Other media

A novel related to the game written by Sean Williams[55] called Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance was released on July 21, 2010.[56]

An internet comic produced by Dark Horse and written by The Old Republic developer Rob Chestney offers backstory to the game.[57] The story spans ten years from the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant to the events that start the game. The comic, titled Threat of Peace, was released bi-monthly, and reached its conclusion in March 2010.

A second internet comic titled Blood of the Empire has been released and follows the story of a Sith apprentice on a dangerous and secretive mission. It is produced by Dark Horse and written by BioWare’s senior writer Alexander Freed. The story is set 25 years before the Treaty of Coruscant, and offers readers a new perspective of the events leading up to the start of The Old Republic.[58] A sneak preview of the art was released, followed by the first issue on April 23, 2010.

A 256-page novel called Deceived was released by Del Rey on March 22, 2011. This story, by Paul S. Kemp, tells the story of Darth Malgus, the Sith Lord responsible for the sacking of Coruscant.

On April 22, 2011, Bioware announced that Drew Karpyshyn will be writing a book named Revan[59], which will be released on November 15, 2011. This book will feature Revan as the main protagonist and reveal his fate after the Knights of the Old Republic-games.

[edit] Music

The music is composed by Mark Griskey, Gordy Haab, Jesse Harlin, Lennie Moore, and Wilbert Roget, II.

[edit] Pre-release reception

The title has already received praise from various media outlets several months before its release. Pax East 2011 and E3 2011 provided the public with one of the most recent chances to go hands-on with The Old Republic. Many gaming related news sources gave the project accolades for its showing at the convention. GameTrailers awarded the game both Best RPG and Best Online Game of E3 2010. IGN praised the story of the Jedi Consular, stating that it's easy to focus more on the story instead of the mission at hand. On July 27, 2011 EA announced that The Old Republic broke EA's record for the highest number of pre-orders in their history, allotting over 200,000 reservations in the six days since pre-orders began. In the week of September 21, 2011, it was again ranked as the No. 1 bought product at Bestbuy.com.
    Is there an ignore list for forum members?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    yes there is. is it hypocritical to ignore someone for a long post, but then quote said post to its full length?

The problem is, balance is a myth. There is a problem between two players whacking each other with game mechanics. One person is going to be better than another person regardless of what you do. Ever played Warcraft? They have been at it for what, nearly 10 years? They are still battling the balance monster. Balance will never happen.

Also player housing is content, all that other stuff Seebs mentioned IS content. Just because its not content that YOU personally want, doesnt negate that fact.

How is class balance content? Or doesnt that factor into your argument?
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

I don't think the claim was "ToR has no features whatsoever other than voice acting", it was "ToR is just a normal MMO with voice acting". Which sounds pretty fair, honestly, from what you've quoted there. Fancy, high production values, but none of that indicates particularly interesting gameplay...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Click name, click "view profile", look on the left for "add to ignore list".

Sword of Telara

Bioware retconned almost ALL of KotOR2, and killed the Exile offscreen, because they were bitter that Chris Avellone writes better than them.

This is ignoring the fact that HK-47 is a mid-level 5 man boss without any lines of dialogue or story significance. Same as Revan.

I bought the preorder for TOR, but honestly I dont even think I will buy the game... everything I hear about it just sounds... I hate to say it, but... wow-ish.

Sorry, but thats the only way I know how to describe it. ;;>_>
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I don't think the claim was "ToR has no features whatsoever other than voice acting", it was "ToR is just a normal MMO with voice acting". Which sounds pretty fair, honestly, from what you've quoted there. Fancy, high production values, but none of that indicates particularly interesting gameplay...
    I did miss the music, though. The music is fantastic. Music and voice-overs don't make an MMO, however.

And, TheGamerDown, I'm sorry if my comments about TOR somehow upset you. There are plenty of people in beta that enjoy the game, like yourself. There is going to be a market for every kind of game, and I do understand that.

The problem is people love to talk about TOR like it's the next best thing, when in reality it's a play-it-safe MMO from a large company that is trying to get some MMO revenue with a known IP. Some people will love it based simply on the fact NPCs talk to you, and you get to wield a lightsaber. Most people, likely, won't.

EDIT: Also, Rift's NDA dropped in Sept and they released in March. It's already Oct and TOR's NDA is still up, for a Dec release date. That speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Lande; 10-13-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Housing!

I know three people that would probably never leave if they did housing correctly (mimic, and enhance that of EQ2).

Add new rewards to artifacts that include housing items (and the lucky coin).

Add new items to mobs that can drop for housing.

Add new rewards to quests for housing.

Add different types of houses, housing styles, and sizes.

Allow lots of customization.

All this is great, and those that don't want it don't have to use it, just like pvp or pve. Don't like it don't use it, but don't for a second think just because you don't like it that the content would go unused.

So once again HOUSING TRION!
    My YouTube Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/saintavalon
    Thanks for the fun time Trion and Belmont Guardians for the Extra Life Event!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast