+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggest me a mouse and keyboard please?

Telaran

Default Suggest me a mouse and keyboard please?

I am getting an awesome gaming pc with i5 760 overclocked to 4ghz and a gtx 480 and a dell 27 inch monitor but i don't have any of these peripherals. Do i need expensive ones, is there a good wireless gaming mouse, keyboard. Is razer any good?
    what do you have?

I use the Logitec G15 keyboard and an ordinary wired Logitec mouse.

I had two Logitec wireless mice die on me - each lasting about a year - so I went back to wired. That saves on batteries too.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

I use a microsoft Razor mouse and a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard (I use the gaming G15 with the 18 macro keys not the new one with only 6), I also think they might have a newer version like the G19 or something like that out, but not sure how many macro keys they give, the more the merrier obviously.

I've ordered a Razer Naga mouse, hoping it will be good with those many many extra buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by charlionfire View Post
    I've ordered a Razer Naga mouse, hoping it will be good with those many many extra buttons.
    I have the Naga. It's bloody awesome since you have the hotbar right there at your thumb.

Also for the keyboard the G15 is probably your best bet.

~Tolgar

edit: picture of Naga http://www.computersavenue.com/wp-co...naga-mouse.jpg

picture of G15 http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/08/G15_CTG.jpg
    Last edited by Tolgar; 08-26-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Like Slyde said, the Logitech G15 is great. Works well. especially with a Logitech G5.

I've been using the Razer Barracuda headset, Diamondback mouse and the Lycosa keyboard for a couple years now and they still work great. Personally I have not had any issues with Razer products, but some people don't like them. I'd say look around a bit and read some reviews before deciding.

I guess we all use the same keyboard (Logitech G15 keyboard) but I use the Razer Naga mouse as well, I'll switch between that and a regular (cordless) Logitech mouse. I suggest taking the regular Logitech mouse (Specifically I use the Logitech LX8 Cordless Mouse), it's very comfortable and isn't at a bad price at all.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I use a Logitec G5 mouse and a Saitek Cyborg keyboard. The mouse is great with the ability to add weight to it but the keyboard isn't really worth the pricetag. Don't get me wrong, it is cool looking but would probably be way better off saving some scratch and getting the G15.

http://www.maxishine.com.au/Pics/New...g_keyboard.jpg
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2082&dateline=1277214  440
    This user may use sarcasm and cynicism in a way you are not accustomed to. Minor to severe mental damage may occur.

Telaran

Logitech G13, 25 programmable (1key or macro) on the fly keys with 4 settings or saved profiles of those keys (basically gives you 100 programmable keys or macros on the fly). If it could cook I would marry it

I'd recommend against wireless. If you get the Logitech G500, or the older G5, you really don't notice the wire at all. As others have mentioned, the G15 is a solid keyboard choice.

I'd actually recommend against a Naga, and many games have rules about banning for macroing. I just think it's absurd levels of overkill. Unless you are getting into pro competitive gaming I really don't think you need to macro on a keyboard, let alone on a mouse.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

I am playing with a Razer Naga (Aion, WAR, the likes), and I like it a lot (it is not wireless, though - but I hate my mouse dying on me mid-encounter).

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    I'd actually recommend against a Naga, and many games have rules about banning for macroing. I just think it's absurd levels of overkill. Unless you are getting into pro competitive gaming I really don't think you need to macro on a keyboard, let alone on a mouse.
    Well, I never used the macro features, but having the cast bar on your thumb is quite nice. I also use a Saitek PRO Gamer CU Keyboard, again without macroing, but it helped to relieve some stress from my CTS . Together, I wouldn't want to miss them for playing.

G15 keyboard is nice... I just wish i could find a nice left handed Mouse

the old standby
    G15 with a Mx518
    But But it worked in Dev!

Logitech MX510 and a regular keyboard(Not any flashy things like the G15 and the like have) and I love it!
    Probably save you a couple of bucks aswell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast