+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone else loves horror movies?

Default anyone else loves horror movies?

lately there is hardly any good horror movies, and the ones that come out are very bad.

i saw this very good movie not too long ago. is not exactly what i call a horror movie but it was cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEuCmMp5xE&feature=fvst

I still think the original Exorcist is the scariest movie I've ever seen.

As for recent movies, Paranormal Activity was OK, but could've been better without all the hand-held camera filming. That's a real turn-off for me.

Movies like Saw, Halloween, and Friday the 13th are just silly in my opinion.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

The Birds is my favorite horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadya3 View Post
    lately there is hardly any good horror movies, and the ones that come out are very bad.

i saw this very good movie not too long ago. is not exactly what i call a horror movie but it was cool.

Oh horror movies are so cheap to make that they are popping out like a popcorn bag in the microwave though I miss the good ones. I agree with Slyde on those horror movies, Paranormal was okay, better than some. The Exorcist was a pretty good horror movie. I enjoyed Orphan though, I liked it quite a lot.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I dunno, I enjoyed Paranormal Activity, the handheld camera thing made it look "real" to me... Though Cloverfield was...uh.. I just won't go there.

White Noise was good, White Noise 2 could have been a bit better, but it was still ok... 13 Ghosts could be pretty scary, though I think that was just The Jackal... Exorcism of Emily Rose still gets me, 'cause I know it's based on a true story. +The Last Exorcism looks like it is going to be pretty good.

Dunno if anyone else has seen it, but Darkness was good as well.

But I agree, there aren't really and good Horror movies coming out anymore =(

Quote Originally Posted by Nadya3 View Post

talk about whiplash...

Dawn of the Dead is still one of the movies that scares and freaks me out the most.

recently watched The Machinist it's kind of on the horror side, that was good.

also just watched Phantasm 3 & 4. 1 & 2 were great years ago, 3 & 4 are descent if you liked 1 & 2.

From Beyond is another good one.

I like zombie movies and I always watch vampire and werewolf movies even though most of them are bad. My favorites though are the slow and creepy ghost movies like The Devil's Backbone, The Orphanage and The Others.
    The Black Company
    Of. By. For.

I love horror movies, I watched Exorcist when I was 6, and since then nothing really scared me as much.

For some thrill I prefer japanese horror movies, the original Ring series and the Grudge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fsOsguf0iA

AKA Shaielene as Shaie has been ninjad

I haven't seen a really good horror movie since The Grudge (I actually couldn't watch the whole thing).

This Piranha's movie just looks like nothing more than a joke. I don't know why people were so freaked out at Paranormal Activity. We finally watched it recently, and most of it was meh. I did find certain parts scary (like her getting dragged down the hall by something unseen) but most of it was blah.

I think Hollywood has gotten incredibly lazy. Everything is a remake of old stuff, a "reboot", or bad.

+ Reply to Thread