+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMo's i loved

Telaran

Default MMo's i loved

Everquest: I will always remember my first run from Qeynos to Nth Karana, the sense of danger entering unknown territory and avoiding Grifs, trains in Dungeons,

DAOC: battlefields, 3 sided combat, and warfronts entering a frontier and knowing behind every tree is a ambush waiting to happen was fun

SWG: Crafting, crafting crafting, plus player citiies only complaint they were too spread out, smaller would have meant better more concentrated base defence pvp

DAOC: Great books and world so why did they not use it and have a whole world to explore

LOTR: Same as above but why were we unable to play as an evil build

WoW: user friendly start but ruined by raids and players, always remember asking a player if we could grp just to kill our quest targets quicker rather than fighting each other for spawns, he answered i don't group with anyone who has green items, instead i was helped by a horde Shaman, 5 minutes later my Alliance 'buddy' was attacked by the horde shaman and 3 others and a general help was issued, i totally left alone by the horde was able to say sorry i do not grp with blue item players

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFeeder View Post
    Everquest: I will always remember my first run from Qeynos to Nth Karana, the sense of danger entering unknown territory and avoiding Grifs, trains in Dungeons,

DAOC: battlefields, 3 sided combat, and warfronts entering a frontier and knowing behind every tree is a ambush waiting to happen was fun

SWG: Crafting, crafting crafting, plus player citiies only complaint they were too spread out, smaller would have meant better more concentrated base defence pvp

DAOC: Great books and world so why did they not use it and have a whole world to explore

LOTR: Same as above but why were we unable to play as an evil build

WoW: user friendly start but ruined by raids and players, always remember asking a player if we could grp just to kill our quest targets quicker rather than fighting each other for spawns, he answered i don't group with anyone who has green items, instead i was helped by a horde Shaman, 5 minutes later my Alliance 'buddy' was attacked by the horde shaman and 3 others and a general help was issued, i totally left alone by the horde was able to say sorry i do not grp with blue item players
    just make sure to get tested before doin any rift lovin. ok?
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFeeder View Post
    That is a **** move by you!!

Everquest: Playing the Evil side and getting into Qeynos to kill a fish while trying to stay away from elite guards. If you fail, its a long walk back and hoping your corpse would not rot and lose all your items. (I played an Enchanter, fun class)

Everquest 2: I good balance at the start, but the end level raids that could take days, well it became like a job and I moved on

Eve: I like this, but the PVP is a little hard when picked on

WoW: I loved the quests, the designers put a lot of hidden humor into them. It was fun, but too easy. Battlegrounds was a cool idea, glad to see that is also in Rift

Aion: A great looking game but killed by the guys running it. Shame, I loved it but the game support just killed it. Flying combat was a cool idea, but it just did not work for melee classes at all.
    Last edited by Natjur; 01-13-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Asheron's Call - I would probably still play this game if there was no allegiance housing and my friends would play. :P

DAoC - quit before Catacombs came out. Didn't like all the changes.

I have played WoW and while I liked it I've never loved it as much as I did the other two in their prime.

You mentioned DaoC twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

The Sims Online - My first MMO. What can I say about a game where I, a 13 year old at the time, ran a brothel? Good times.

EverQuest Online Adventures - My first MMORPG. Huge open world, group oriented leveling, but just stopped growing after one expansion.

FFXI - Loved this game. So many memories. Which is why FF14 was such a crushing disappointment for me.

+ Reply to Thread