+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Is it just me or people aren't too social ingame?

Default Is it just me or people aren't too social ingame?

I mean apart from the random rift public groups I have never ever been in a party. (Do not count WFs and dungeons, they are also kinda random thingie) When I was in these rift parties as soon as the rift was sealed everyone left without a word and I continued running around all alone.

Also, like noone is talking. (Except some minimalist convo in the zone chat or what. Like "where is this or that? It is here and there." And that is all. )

9 times out of 10 in these random rift groups noone says byebye or ANYTHING, they don't even answer if I say so. I heal or buff someone, mostly the target says NOTHING.

In dungeons all the communication is this: using ready check, asking at the end: again?

I'm honestly thinking about checking the guardian side to see if they talk and party or not.

Maybe it is different if someone has a guild, but how should I find a guild? I'm used to partying and talking to other players in MMORPGs, and if we both like each other they add me to a guild. I never loved the random guilds, like "hey guild me someone, guild me someone, I know noone and know nothing about your guild either!"

Is it just me or anyone else expreienced no parties and no convos in this game? Does it get better laterz? (Am at 35 now, hubby is at 45 he experienced the same)

if you want social activity, your best bet would be an RP server. however, that may or may not effect your playstyle.

You are pretty correct in noticing that people tend to come and go without so much a word, however, I have from time to time continued grouping with one or 2 afterward as we go about questing and chatting it up. I don't even care if I've been through the quest, its just fun having a conversation.

The only other place where I've seen people chat regularly is usually in Meridian (I would add Sanctum to that but my Sanctum doesn't seem to chat too often, maybe others do).

Overall I have seen less communication over the last few mmo's that I've played unless its in a global chat, but then that isn't usually communication as its more of idiots trying to one up each other with shock language.

I started on a RP one, it was the same. So I transfered myself to a more crowded non-RP server = same. I know it can be played this way just fine, but still, I thought mmo's include parties and talking... or maybe it is very old fashioned opinion.

Find a good guild.

Generally im chatting with a few friends talking in guild, talking in officer, handling recruit enquiries, discusing raid scedule, if i have some time over to see which mob im ment to be hitting i consider that a bonus.

Doesnt leave much time left over for a deep and meaningfull conversation with some one in a pug that i probably will never see again.

open up the 1-29 chat

I like to party with others when I play Rift and do as often as I can. Most I party up with are in the guild that I am with. The guild I belong to is UnderRated and it is full of nice peeps. There is always someone offering something they have gained or talking about this or that. I run on the Atrophinius shard under the names Txoutlaw.Texasoutlaw, and Shondra. Look me up sometime. P.S. My BFF runs under TxKat or TexasKat. Stop in and say hi sometime.
    Have at me. I can take anything you can give. Real men tank.

I talk in guild mostly.
    50 chat is full of ******s.
    Hoss

Sword of Telara

you wanna socialize?
    go to a bar, i freaking hate you'r kind of people, always the stupid, ****ing jokes.
    baaaahhhh

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by IAlwaysDie View Post
    I mean apart from the random rift public groups I have never ever been in a party. (Do not count WFs and dungeons, they are also kinda random thingie) When I was in these rift parties as soon as the rift was sealed everyone left without a word and I continued running around all alone.

Also, like noone is talking. (Except some minimalist convo in the zone chat or what. Like "where is this or that? It is here and there." And that is all. )

9 times out of 10 in these random rift groups noone says byebye or ANYTHING, they don't even answer if I say so. I heal or buff someone, mostly the target says NOTHING.

In dungeons all the communication is this: using ready check, asking at the end: again?

I'm honestly thinking about checking the guardian side to see if they talk and party or not.

Maybe it is different if someone has a guild, but how should I find a guild? I'm used to partying and talking to other players in MMORPGs, and if we both like each other they add me to a guild. I never loved the random guilds, like "hey guild me someone, guild me someone, I know noone and know nothing about your guild either!"

Is it just me or anyone else expreienced no parties and no convos in this game? Does it get better laterz? (Am at 35 now, hubby is at 45 he experienced the same)
    You're right. Here's my post on a similar thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3253490

People don't chat much anymore and it's sorely missed by a few, myself included. I, too, used to find guilds by grouping with the same people night after night and finally being invited or asking them if I could join their guild, but I'm afraid we're now in the era of look for a guild on the forums--and guilds are probably more loosely connected because of it. Also, I'm not sure a guild would open chat up much more for you. I don't see a lot of chatter in most guilds these days either.
    Faeblight Defiant Eth Mage Quay

The Guild is the social hub of any MMO.

If you want social conversation, or assistance, or confirmation, or news on patches, etc... that's where you find it.
    If you want parties to complete quests, grind, or just hang out, that's where you find it.
    One group of people who socialize and do things together... that's a guild.

Guilds are always looking for quality people/players.
    Find one with people you like, and ask for an invite.

When I am grouped I say hardly anything, I like to focus on the battles and enjoy listening more then talking. I do talk if there is something I see like an add, or if we are having issues fighting a boss. Otherwise, I am healing.

Even on vent I just listen, I am little more chatty in guild chat, feels more like a family
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

There's a saying, 'uncomfortable silence'.
    I think the only thing uncomfortable about a silence is feeling that you have to break it.

I rather call it an uncomfortable breaking of a comfortable silence.
    If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything. Why people feel the need, I have no idea. That said, if you have something you want to say other than for the sake of it, no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

I think part of having a social community is having community villains.

Therefore: Ignore Button = Dead Community?
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quite honestly there is very little need for interaction within the game, even within most guilds since everything is so automated.

They removed the drama and politics from games and now I can quick queue for dungeons, pvp. Pugging used to bring the utmost social aspect of games (and the most headache) because you are forced to communicate. But with simplification of games nowadays, that's unneeded.

There is no more grinding. Thus no need to talk to each other to make that last bar of exp grind a lot less depressing.

No more guild wars (not the game). Thus no more alliances, no more unavoidable enemies, no more rogue pk guilds that needed guild cooperations to thwart and keep in check. No more betrayls, no more gossip, no more drama that would force people to chatter up a storm thus bringing a sense of community.

No more meaningful trade and the introduction of the auctionhouse. No more haggling, no more crafting being an important feature of the game since dungeons give everything. No more market grabbing and market manipulations.

No revolutionary pve content.

Overly complex class system that makes balance a nightmare. Thus pvp becomes trivial.

And since picking a side/race/realm automatically makes you bffs there is no way of policing each other thus most people are just pricks sans consequences.

Also the ever limiting of general chat. I understand that gold spam ruined general chat but that played a major part of the social aspect of a game.

And the race division is not being emphasized enough. At least aion tried to promote it and forced it quite a bit. If they got anything right, it was forcing people to fight each other for a goal. The value of that goal is another thing.

In cabal which in retrospect was one of the better f2p game when it was relevant but had LOUSY security.
    But they did a lot of things right:
    Crafting although hard, was needed.
    Pvp was FFA, but the social repercussions outweighed the penalties
    GW meant something
    Politics meant something
    They had rvr and still had pk
    Classes were not complicated and thus potentially easier to balance for pvp.
    Pve was terrible but the social aspect compensated that.
    Gear was not a the most imperative factor for pvp or pve (although skill rank was which was easy enough to grind).
    And they had grind to increase socialization since it was dangerous to be out alone and meet the enemy or rogue pkers.

Although it suffered the Pay to win thing eventually

Atlantica was the same way since it was highly political and very trade oriented. And they still managed to make raids meaningful.
    Though gear...more so enchants which was directly related to the cash shop, and played a major factor for pve and pvp.

When games start getting back to basics, and making interaction necessary, socialization will be
    higher. But that is only a dream with all the automation and easy content masked with beautiful graphics. At this point, I'd take crap graphics with interactive story line and highly coerced socialization than pretty graphics with no community.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast