+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mongus

Thread: Drag me to hell (whats some good Horror movies out there)

Default Drag me to hell (whats some good Horror movies out there)

I am currently watching Drag me to Hell.

very nice so far. lol.

can you suggest a few good horrors?

I know some horrors are kind of a "1time watch" kinda thing, while other like Saw have a bit more repeatability.

well name a few, and describe how you would describe them between the two. is it a "1time watcher" or a "Replayble"

Only horror that I could only watch once was The Hills have Eyes. And it wasn't even because of the horror, I could deal with that. It was the girl ***** by a radiated hillbilly scene that disturbed me the most. Just not something I care to watch.

I prefer a lot of the older stuff personally. Much of the newer items are really predictable. Give me the ld Nightmare on Elm st series any day of the week.

Oh My, seriously, this movie is creepy. check it out....

http://dragmetohell.wikia.com/wiki/Shaun_San_Dena

some crazy crap there. that was rocking

There hasn't been a good horror film since The Thing. This is a fact, not an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

Telaran

Evil Dead 1,2, and sequel army of darkness

Fright Night is good also

also if you have strong stomach Human Centipide 1,2
    Last edited by Chandelle; 10-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Rift Chaser

I love good horror too. One TV series that I absolutely loved was the Walking Dead. Great story and character development with some truly creepy moments. Loved the scene where he wakes up in the hospital and realizes the world has changed. Or when they are holed up in a house and the mother (a mindless zombie) starts turning the doorknob of the house trying to get inside. Good stuff and can't wait for the next season to start.

(I loved Drag Me To Hell---good laughs and pretty good horror)

Telaran

Drag Me To Hell was an awesome movie, largely because of the supportive even through disbelief relationship of the protagonist and her S.O. It certainly wasn't universally liked though, I remember some harsh reviews.

I find with myself I'm fairly divided on horror. I love slashers and all the big teen horror movies, but I am not a fan of the breed that tries to be more hardcore than the last, nor really of most Japanese-influenced psychological horror. Some of my favorites are the Final Destination series, the Scream series, or the original Nightmare of Elm Street. Even less horror and more teeny ones like Disturbing Behavior or The Faculty. And nerdy horror like In The Mouth of Madness, Dagon, Re-Animator, or Evil Dead/Army of Darkness.

I'm really not a fan of Japanese movies in general and especially horror, but I do like Kiyoshi Kurosawa's movies because he puts a lot of attention into the character relationships and the mood. I'd recommend his Pulse (Kairo), which was remade here but I never saw the English version. Takashi Miike is the biggest name (I'm not a fan), but I was amused by The Happiness of the Katakuris which is a horror musical of sorts (not to mention a remake of the original Korean movie).
    Last edited by Quay; 10-11-2011 at 07:17 AM.
    Faeblight Defiant Eth Mage Quay

Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    There hasn't been a good horror film since The Thing. This is a fact, not an opinion.
    Agreed. They don't make 'em like they used to anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by oculareuphoria View Post
    Agreed. They don't make 'em like they used to anymore!
    The Shining (1980)

-a classic

Current generation of film makers suck.
    Last edited by Neo Omni; 10-11-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Anybody see

"Simon Says"
    ?

yeah it doesnt get much rep, but it was awesome!!!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    The Shining (1980)

-a classic

Current generation of film makers suck.
    The early 80's had a lot of good ones, I remember because I was in my late teens and i used to love scary movies for date night lol. Poltergeist, Halloween,Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Wolfen and so many more. The originals, not the sequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

The Shining
    IT
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Halloween
    Friday the 13th
    Night of the Living Dead (original)

It rather irritates me when movies these days are terribly predicable (My Bloody Valentine), over uses gore and blood as a 'shock' (Final Destination series), or a mix of the two (The Saw series).

Yeah, Nightmare on Elm street might seem corner by today's movie 'standards', but you were always left wondering how was Kruger going to do it, when was he going to do it, how did these kids think their 'dream warriors' stood a chance in hell against him .
    ***Somebody has to be willing to push to get the ball rolling***

Shadowlander

Let The Right One In (the euro version not the american remake), is good...
    The Ring is good.
    Session 9 is disturbing.
    28 Days Later is good...
    The movie "Inside" is almost too much for me. Scary, disturbing...
    The Mist is alright...
    If you want something funny to watch between all the scares, check out Shaun of the Dead.

GLHF!!

+ Reply to Thread