1 Year Basic Service Plan, DMLP
    My Accessories
    Also Includes
    Alienware Aurora Desktop
    Alienware™ High-Performance Liquid Cooling
    Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Automatic Updates: Enabled

This costs 1799 Dollars US.

Will it run rift when there are like 40 people on the screen with all sorts of insanity going on?

Is there a better build for a similiar Price?

Looking for thoughts
    Svava
    Solidarity Gaming
    Guild Master
    solidaritygaming.guildlaunch.com

You could save yourself $800 and buy all the parts and build it yourself.
    Take the $800 you saved and by a 32`monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    You could save yourself $800 and buy all the parts and build it yourself.
    Take the $800 you saved and by a 32`monitor.

This is a good price for me. Does it do everything ineed it to do though?
    Svava
    Solidarity Gaming
    Guild Master

Rift Disciple

A 525watt unknown brand power supply for that config makes me a little worried. I'd lean towards a 700-800 watt name brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Balorion View Post
    A 525watt unknown brand power supply for that config makes me a little worried. I'd lean towards a 700-800 watt name brand.
    POWER SUPPLY 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply edit
    PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz edit
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English edit
    MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz edit
    VIDEO CARD Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 - SLI® Enabled edit
    KEYBOARD No Keyboard edit
    HARD DRIVE 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache edit
    MEDIA READER Alienware® 19-in-1 Media Card Reader edit
    MONITOR 21.5” Alienware AW2210 OptX™ Full HD Gaming Monitor edit
    OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability edit
    My Software & Accessories
    OS CUSTOMIZATION Alienware Logo edit
    ALIENFX AlienFX Color, Quasar Blue edit
    Personalize
    WARRANTY AND SERVICE 1 Year Basic Service Plan, DMLP edit
    My Accessories
    ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR SYSTEM
    Alienware Aurora-R3 Alienware Aurora Desktop
    COOLING OPTION Alienware™ High-Performance Liquid Cooling
    SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    AUTOMATIC UPDATES Automatic Updates: Enabled

Updated
    Svava
    Solidarity Gaming
    Guild Master

Hugeeee waste of money, 1800$ and no monitor? Dont be a sheep and buy an Ailenware, they are overpriced Dell's, same crap quality. Build a machine yourself or go to a local PC store and get them to build you one. I stress PC STORE, not Bestbuy or Future Shop, they are just as bad at ripping you off as Ailenware, go to a small store and get them to do it.

MSRP $1499.99
    $1499.99
    Processor Intel® Core™ i7-930 Processor2 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost3 Technology up to 3.06GHz (8MB Total Cache4)1 Intel® Core™ i7-930 Processor2 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost3 Technology up to 3.06GHz (8MB Total Cache4)1
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)5 Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)5
    Memory 9GB DDR3 Dual-Channel 1333MHz Memory (3 x 2048MB & 3 x 1024MB)6 9GB DDR3 Dual-Channel 1333MHz Memory (3 x 2048MB & 3 x 1024MB)6
    Memory Capacity 6 DDR3 Slots Total (0 Slots Available) 6 DDR3 Slots Total (0 Slots Available)
    Hard Drive 1.5TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive7 1.5TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive7
    Video ATI Radeon™ HD5850 Graphics card with 1GB of Discrete Video Memory6 ATI Radeon™ HD5850 Graphics card with 1GB of Discrete Video Memory6
    Optical Drive Blu-ray Disc™ 6X BD-ROM / DVD-SuperMulti Drive and 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti Drive Blu-ray Disc™ 6X BD-ROM / DVD-SuperMulti Drive and 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti Drive
    Power Supply 750W Power Supply 750W Power Supply
    Application Software Microsoft® Works & Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 (60-day complimentary trial period)8 Microsoft® Office Starter 201012
    Audio High Definition Audio with 5.1 Audio Support High Definition Audio with 5.1 Audio Support
    Available Expansion Slots Available: 1 - PCI-E x16, 1 - PCI-E x1 Available: 1 - PCI-E x16, 1 - PCI-E x1
    Chassis High performance, black glossy design with trendy red accents and lighting effects High performance, black glossy design with trendy red accents and lighting effects
    Dimensions (Box) 12" (H) x 20" (W) x 24" (D) or 304.8mm (H) x 508mm (W) x 609.6mm (D) 12" (H) x 20" (W) x 24" (D) or 304.8mm (H) x 508mm (W) x 609.6mm (D)
    Dimensions (System) 17.7" (H) x 7.5" (W) x 19" (D) or 449mm (H) x 191mm (W) x 482mm (D) 17.7" (H) x 7.5" (W) x 19" (D) or 449mm (H) x 191mm (W) x 482mm (D)
    External Ports (10) USB 2.0 (4 Front, 6 Rear), (1) HDMI™, (2) eSATA, (1) IEEE 1394a, (2) PS/2, (2) DVI, (1) Display Port, (6) Audio, (1) High Definition Headphone Jack, (1) Microphone Jack (10) USB 2.0 (4 Front, 6 Rear), (1) HDMI™, (2) eSATA, (1) IEEE 1394a, (2) PS/2, (2) DVI, (1) Display Port, (6) Audio, (1) High Definition Headphone Jack, (1) Microphone Jack
    Keyboard Multimedia Keyboard Multimedia Keyboard
    Media Card Reader Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader9 Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader9
    Motherboard Systemboard with Intel® H58 Express Chipset Systemboard with Intel® X58 Express Chipset
    Mouse Optical Mouse Optical Mouse
    Network 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
    Security Software Norton™ Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial)10 Norton™ Internet Security 2010 (60-day trial)10
    Warranty 1 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty with Toll-Free Tech Support11 1 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty with Toll-Free Tech Support11
    Weight 31 lbs. (14.1 kg) system unit only / Approximately 38 lbs. (17.2 kg.) box 31 lbs. (14.1 kg) system unit only / Approximately 38 lbs. (17.2 kg.) box

Select
    Would this one be better?
    Svava
    Solidarity Gaming
    Guild Master

Rift Disciple

Calculate exactly how much power your PSU needs to put out here http://www.antec.outervision.com/ There is a lot of tosh talked about PC power requirements.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    Hugeeee waste of money, 1800$ and no monitor? Dont be a sheep and buy an Ailenware, they are overpriced Dell's, same crap quality. Build a machine yourself or go to a local PC store and get them to build you one. I stress PC STORE, not Bestbuy or Future Shop, they are just as bad at ripping you off as Ailenware, go to a small store and get them to do it.
    I actually love my alienware laptop, my dell xps desktop, and my youngest sons new dell laptop, my wife also has a dell laptop that she loves. The quality is pretty good, the convenience factor was also good. I do not use their tech support unless I need to replace a part and so far the only part I have needed was a bracket to install a second hard drive into my laptop, they did not put the required part into the system when it shipped, but after I called I had the part in 2 days.

Could I have built a system of my own for the desktop, sure I could have, I have been building computers since my first system with a 233mhz processor. However at some point I realized I did not want to mess with it anymore. Did I pay more for my alienware, sure I did but the nice thing about having disposable cash is I get to spend it how I want. I do not have the time anymore to fuss with building my own, also a side effect of my job is that when I get home I do not want to have to worry about configuring, installing, wiring, or fussing with any electronics in general.

You say sheep, I say convenient, sometimes convenience is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Svava View Post
    This is a good price for me. Does it do everything ineed it to do though?
    It will do everything nicely. If your buying it run Rift it will do that nicely aswell.
    You could build that same tower for much less, I just wanted to let you know.

Would it be better to have 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1866MHz
    or
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
    Svava
    Solidarity Gaming
    Guild Master

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BlowFish View Post
    Calculate exactly how much power your PSU needs to put out here http://www.antec.outervision.com/ There is a lot of tosh talked about PC power requirements.
    The problem really is that the quality of most inexpensive power supplies is dismal. If you don't want to pay for a premium power supply then you are better of overestimating your needs a bit, because odds unfortunately are not in favor of a cheap 450 watt unit handling its rated load for the lifespan of the system's more expensive components.

There are some... imbalances... with the builds so far (which seems odd since Alienware is targeting gaming.) (Example: Why are they pairing the highest possible CPU with only 'meh' graphics choice? Sure, it's SLI, but that's not the best choice for graphics. A single more powerful card, or Crossfired AMD would be newer and better architecture. And liquid cooling? Um what? Drop that and put the money towards graphics and you'd have a much better play experience.)

I don't have time for chatting right now, so I'll just send you to my site. Look at my various ranks and how the systems balance. I'd say compare and target to that.

http://www.rabb1t.com/systems.html
    Last edited by rabb1t; 01-13-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

+ Reply to Thread